You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Introduce yourself here!

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:22 pm

fcbaggy wrote:Hi everybody! I'm Baggy from Albania.
Just signed up here, and looking forward to have a good time discussing with other Bayern fans.
Cheers!

Welcome to the forum, Baggy!
Wow, there's quite a number of Albanian members now. Seems like Bayern is quite popular there.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Guard Dog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:52 am

G'day to all.

My name is Myles - Australian, and have recently converted to Bayern worship.

I had not really followed a club with any significant passion most of my life. Was given a Liverpool jersey when I was 13 (now 19) and that kind of stuck.

Have played many sports with enjoyment and enthusiasm - cricket, Australian Rules football, basketball, golf, but football was my forte and personally, I was most talented in.

So, why Die Bayern?

I was coached into the game as a Sweeper - my style of defence and play in that position led the first coach I was taught under to nickname me "The Guard Dog", hence the nickname.

Who else to look up to as a Sweeper, than a pair like Matthaus and der Kaiser?

Problem is - my knowledge of Bayern is light. I have fond memories of Jancker/Elber up forward, and Olli and Scholl and Liza - but nowadays, I need a serious teaching again. If anyone's free to PM me and let me know who plays where and our strengths/weaknesses from on the field to financially and business-wise, it would be most appreciated.

Oh, and I need to recite Stern des Südens!

All the best.
Jeremy Clarkson on the CCX: Koenigsegg say this is more comfortable but ... more comfortable than what? Being stabbed?

Proud New Worshipper of Die Bayern!
Guard Dog
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:09 am

Hey Guard Dog, welcome to the forum!

You can find our player roster at injury_list.php
Our best players (and this is my opinion) are: Ribery (French mazy dribbler who plays anywhere in attacking midfield but generally on the left), Toni (Italian striker who always seems to be at the right place at the right time), Demichelis (solid Argentinian central defender) and Ze Roberto (old Brazilian workhorse in midfield who can also dribble well).

Our weakness in my opinion is that we lack the creativity, unpredictability and speed to open up tight defences, and sometimes teams will just stay back and defend waves after waves of predictable, non-dangerous Bayern attacks.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Guard Dog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:52 am

How about position-wise? Is the defense lagging a little? Wingmen OK? Strong through the corridor? Etc etc.

Are we an aging club or penetrating some youth to liven up things a bit?

A traditional club or just powered by the chequebook a la the newly powerful Man City?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to discuss. As I said - much to learn!
Jeremy Clarkson on the CCX: Koenigsegg say this is more comfortable but ... more comfortable than what? Being stabbed?

Guard Dog
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:07 pm

Guard Dog wrote:How about position-wise? Is the defense lagging a little? Wingmen OK? Strong through the corridor? Etc etc.

Defence looked fragile with Lucio and Van Buyten, but Demichelis came back from injury and it looks more solid now. Last season, the Lucio/Demichelis combination set a record for least number of goals against. In my opinion we are far stronger attacking from the flanks than from the middle.

Guard Dog wrote:Are we an aging club or penetrating some youth to liven up things a bit?

We have some old players, but we also have some young and promising players (Kroos [18 year old German attacking midfielder, won the best player award at the U17 World Cup last yr], Sosa, Breno)

Guard Dog wrote:A traditional club or just powered by the chequebook a la the newly powerful Man City?

Strictly traditional as with all German clubs excluding Hoffenheim!

Guard Dog wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place to discuss. As I said - much to learn!

It's ok :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Guard Dog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:08 pm

Is it true that Elber scouted Breno? Sensational. I love the culture.

Any new players in the pipeline? I notice Oddo will debut against Koln. Where does he fit in?

Biggest Bundesliga dangers? Last time it was Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04 (of what I remember) - do Werder Bremen, Hertha Berlin or Stuttgurt come into the picture?

I think the rest is up to me to watch and learn!

Guard Dog
Getting the hang of it

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:20 pm

MUTU wrote:
fcbaggy wrote:Hi everybody! I'm Baggy from Albania.
Just signed up here, and looking forward to have a good time discussing with other Bayern fans.
Cheers!

Welcome to the forum, Baggy!
Wow, there's quite a number of Albanian members now. Seems like Bayern is quite popular there.

Indeed it is , Bayern is the most popular european club alongside with the two italian clubs from Milan - Inter and AC - over here .
People over here just love the german discipline , and the fighting spirit , right now everywhere in the world the english teams are getting more
popular but here its the italian teams and Bayern who are the most respected , and who have the most fans .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:25 pm

Guard Dog wrote:Is it true that Elber scouted Breno? Sensational. I love the culture.

Any new players in the pipeline? I notice Oddo will debut against Koln. Where does he fit in?

Biggest Bundesliga dangers? Last time it was Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04 (of what I remember) - do Werder Bremen, Hertha Berlin or Stuttgurt come into the picture?

I think the rest is up to me to watch and learn!

Yea , Elber scouted Breno and was the one who got in touch with his parents to discuss a possible move to Bayern after Breno was voted Defender of the year in the Brazilian league .
There's not gonna be any new players coming into our squad cuz the transfer market is closed , so until the winter trasfer period this is the squad thats gonna
be on the pitch .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby thirtyone » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:29 pm

Grüß Gott, I'm Ryan, from England.

I've been an FCB follower since I was about 10 (I'm now 22). I'm going to Munich for the first time in November, and I managed to get tickets for the Cottbus game, class! My day by day team is Leicester City, but we're awful. I need to get Setanta so I can see some highlights soon!
thirtyone
Getting the hang of it

Postby MrLinky » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Welcome to the forum Ryan , how did you manage to get the tickets cuz Im interested too but Bundesliga tickets are really hard to get , you
just got lucky or you got relations or something in Germany ?! :)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby thirtyone » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:01 pm

MrLinky wrote:Welcome to the forum Ryan , how did you manage to get the tickets cuz Im interested too but Bundesliga tickets are really hard to get , you
just got lucky or you got relations or something in Germany ?! :)

Hi there, well I knew which game I could get to, so I just checked the viagogo system every day until the tickets came out, and then I snapped a pair up as quickly as possible. I'm assuming they're a good company, and hopefully your next reply won't be to inform me that they're an awful operation, who'll steal all my money.
thirtyone
Getting the hang of it

Postby korrayls » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:20 am

Hi my name is Sean and I'm from Dublin, Ireland.

I don't support Bayern Munchen as such but I have always followed German football closely. One of my top 5 stadiums to go and see is Westfalenstadion. I'm fascinated by old-style football grounds and traditional standing terraces such as the Sud Tribune in Dortmund. I have heard great things about the atmosphere at league games in Germany and I hope to see a few games in places like Munich, Dormund & Mönchengladbach if possible as they have close ties to a team I follow, Liverpool F.C.

I also follow a team called Shamrock Rovers in Dublin. This is a video of fans before a league game - a good few German fans were at this game also!!! :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ2VeBoaOig

I look forward to hearing some stories a la Bayern & also about German football in general.

Cheers guys.

Sean
korrayls
Hey, I'm new here!

Re: Hi all

Postby r4min77 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:29 am

Hi everybody. Mr name is Roni, 30 yrs old from Iran and I've been a Bayern fan for more than 15 years. Bayern rule.
r4min77
Getting the hang of it

Postby MrLinky » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:59 am

korrayls wrote:
I have heard great things about the atmosphere at league games in Germany and I hope to see a few games in places like Munich, Dormund & Mönchengladbach if possible as they have close ties to a team I follow, Liverpool F.C.

Yea the atmosphere in the stadiums is pretty much the best in Europe .
You should also check out the Veltins-Arena in Gelsenkirchen (Schalke 04 :wink: ) , thats the best it can get along with the the Westfalen-Stadion
in terms of atmosphere in Germany .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Ahmad » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:03 am

Hi
Iam Ahmad , iam 25 years old and iam from Lebanon.

I'ver been a bayern fan since forever i think :P

Go Bayern
Ahmad
Hey, I'm new here!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge