You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Introduce yourself here!

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I must say the German NT tends to be popular with the females here, though. :oops:

true? !?!

Well it seems to be among the late teenagers at least. From my year group at Sixth Form two years ago during EURO 2012 I can name at least 10 out of 120 or so females who support Germany. There seems to have been a rise in popularity.

I am also finding it more common to encounter male Bayern fans of around the same age, but I think that is more because technology makes it easier to get to know people rather than an actual increase in fans.

at primary school (1990-1995) I was the only one. At secondary (1995-2000) it was me and another two; of which one of them was a BVB fan & the other an FCB fan.
at Higher secondary(2000-2002) I think I was the only one from all those who frequented in fact they still know me as tal-bayern, when I encounter them ''ara tal-bayern! (Look who's there! ... the bayern guy)
MCAST (2003-2006) me and a BVB fan (whom I still frequent and he was at Wembley last May)
Even those who I used to frequent at the gym or when I used to play football I was always almost the only FCB & German supporter
Last edited by MUTU on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed QUOTE BBcode
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:12 pm

ramsej84 wrote:at primary school (1990-1995) I was the only one. At secondary (1995-2000) it was me and another two; of which one of them was a BVB fan & the other an FCB fan.
at Higher secondary(2000-2002) I think I was the only one from all those who frequented in fact they still know me as tal-bayern, when I encounter them ''ara tal-bayern! (Look who's there! ... the bayern guy)
MCAST (2003-2006) me and a BVB fan (whom I still frequent and he was at Wembley last May)
Even those who I used to frequent at the gym or when I used to play football I was always almost the only FCB & German supporter

Yeah that seems typical, but it seems that Bayern is gaining in popularity. Off the top of my head I can immediately name ten 18-20 year-old Maltese males who support Bayern who I personally know, not including myself.

The next step is for the Bundesliga to gain popularity. I am surprised you know two (unless it's the same person) BVB fans who were fans before the last few years. Almost all German fans here are Bayern fans. I know of one who supports Wolfsburg as his second team and who was extremely happy when they won the league in 2009. Other than that I don't think I know any other non-Bayern German fans. That is the only downside for me. We don't get that pre-match banter atmosphere before games like against Schalke, Dortmund, and so on, unlike those who support English and Italian clubs. The same is true for fans of La Liga teams in Malta, although the only Real Madrid and the only Barca fan I know happen to be best friends so they definitely taunt each other before El Clasicos.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:at primary school (1990-1995) I was the only one. At secondary (1995-2000) it was me and another two; of which one of them was a BVB fan & the other an FCB fan.

Yeah that seems typical, but it seems that Bayern is gaining in popularity. Off the top of my head I can immediately name ten 18-20 year-old Maltese males who support Bayern who I personally know, not including myself.

The next step is for the Bundesliga to gain popularity. I am surprised you know two (unless it's the same person) BVB fans who were fans before the last few years. Almost all German fans here are Bayern fans. I know of one who supports Wolfsburg as his second team and who was extremely happy when they won the league in 2009. Other than that I don't think I know any other non-Bayern German fans. That is the only downside for me. We don't get that pre-match banter atmosphere before games like against Schalke, Dortmund, and so on, unlike those who support English and Italian clubs. The same is true for fans of La Liga teams in Malta, although the only Real Madrid and the only Barca fan I know happen to be best friends so they definitely taunt each other before El Clasicos.

At the club there were two guys who support Borr.Monchengladbach (one of them was an international waterpolo player)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mike. » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:37 pm

HI, My name is fairly obvious... Mike, I'm 29 years old from the West Coast of Canada, near Vancouver. A hard place to come across other Bayern fans, but not impossible. Hope to meet more on here.
Mike.
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:33 pm

Welcome Mike :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Welcome :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Mike. » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:50 pm

Thanks! Was in Munich last fall, no football games besides the Germany vs Austria game. It was amazing to be there for that. I am hoping they play a friendly against the Vancouver Whitecaps when they come to North America this summer. Can't wait to catch up on games in the download match forum
Mike.
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby chrisdel99 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Mi name is Christian De Luca I live in a small village next to Turin called San Ambrogio. I am 40 years old and I manage a family business in our location. I have been always a Bayern fan since I was a kid, always amazed by one particular player Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. In my trips to Munich I always visit what it´s for me the best stadium in the whole Europe Allianz Arena.
chrisdel99
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:41 pm

chrisdel99 wrote:Mi name is Christian De Luca I live in a small village next to Turin called San Ambrogio. I am 40 years old and I manage a family business in our location. I have been always a Bayern fan since I was a kid, always amazed by one particular player Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. In my trips to Munich I always visit what it´s for me the best stadium in the whole Europe Allianz Arena.

Welcome! :D
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby SEMIR » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:51 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Semir and I am Bayern fan since 1999. I can can, many years I just have a simpaties for Roten, but at least five years, i am fan of Bayern like any others. First, I love Bayern for a few reasons, first was in 90s when was war in Bosnia and after war, German people, helped to my people, including FC Bayern for the people they was in Munchen that time. Second is Brazzo, heh, Bayern have a many fans in Bosnia becouse Brazzo. Few more reasons are the professionalism, good football, nice and fair play, atmosphere at game. One of the biggest reason was the 1999, final against United, man I was a child that time, I was so angry, on the tv they said, "150 people in Munchen haved a heart attack after game", man thats passion. I love Rotens! :wink:

(sorry for bad english)
Bosna i Hercegovina <3 BH Fanaticos
SEMIR
First post

Postby AdepT » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:18 pm

Welcome Semir! :wave:

You a Bosnian, eh? Must be pretty excited for the World Cups? :D
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Spaul13 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Hello, my name is Steve i am 19, I am a die hard Bayern fan, living in Florida, born in Munich.
Spaul13
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Spaul13 wrote:Hello, my name is Steve i am 19, I am a die hard Bayern fan, living in Florida, born in Munich.

Welcome Steve!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby moey#25 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Hey fellow bayern fans. I'm Mohamad Younes, born in Lebanon but carry an Australian passport through descent, currently in Belarus as a first year medical student at the age of 18.
moey#25
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tedesco » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Welcome!
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany