You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Introduce yourself here!

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby Paula » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:19 am

Hi...I'm Paula. Was a MU fan till I discovered Bayern in 2006. Once a Bavarian, Always a Bavarian :D
Paula
First post

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:21 am

Welcome Paula! :wave:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MelodyMuse » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi Paula, welcome! :)
MelodyMuse
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Russia

Postby oli-kahn » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:57 am

Dear Bayern Fans
My name is Wa'el Abu Ghanimah From Jordan,,A Bayern Fan since 1998, So happy to join this forum
oli-kahn
First post

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:21 pm

oli-kahn wrote:Dear Bayern Fans
My name is Wa'el Abu Ghanimah From Jordan,,A Bayern Fan since 1998, So happy to join this forum

Welcome to the forum oli-kahn! You'll find quite a few of your fellow countrymen here.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:02 pm

Welcome Wael :D
MUTU wrote:
oli-kahn wrote:Dear Bayern Fans

Welcome to the forum oli-kahn! You'll find quite a few of your fellow countrymen here.

Here is One :P
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Droptech » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:05 pm

Hi! I'm Lido! I'm Albanian but I live in the US. I'm more of a German soccer fan in general. Die Mannschaft is my number one interest. I've been a fan of theirs since I was 5 or 6. I recall the elation of coming back from 2-0 down to tie Argentina in '86 and the crushing blow of Burruchaga's goal only a few minutes later.
Since they have been historically Bayern heavy Bayern has always been my club of choice. But I root for all the BL clubs to do well in Europe. Just not against Bayern. I know a lot of Bayern fans dislike BVB but they have a soft spot in my heart from the mid 90's, especially the UCL against Juventus (I despise Italian teams). Same with Schalke against Inter. In short if you were a BL club and beat a Serie A club in the 90's you earned yourself a place in my heart.
Droptech
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Albania

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Droptech wrote:Hi! I'm Lido! I'm Albanian but I live in the US. I'm more of a German soccer fan in general. Die Mannschaft is my number one interest. I've been a fan of theirs since I was 5 or 6. I recall the elation of coming back from 2-0 down to tie Argentina in '86 and the crushing blow of Burruchaga's goal only a few minutes later.
Since they have been historically Bayern heavy Bayern has always been my club of choice. But I root for all the BL clubs to do well in Europe. Just not against Bayern. I know a lot of Bayern fans dislike BVB but they have a soft spot in my heart from the mid 90's, especially the UCL against Juventus (I despise Italian teams). Same with Schalke against Inter. In short if you were a BL club and beat a Serie A club in the 90's you earned yourself a place in my heart.

Welcome Droptech, we have a common enemy ... Milan, Juve (Inter) top the list of my most hated teams, however on the same level I also have Man U, Chelsea and Real Madrid & Valletta FC
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Droptech » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:18 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Droptech wrote:Hi! I'm Lido! I'm Albanian but I live in the US. I'm more of a German soccer fan in general. Die Mannschaft is my number one interest. I've been a fan of theirs since I was 5 or 6. I recall the elation of coming back from 2-0 down to tie Argentina in '86 and the crushing blow of Burruchaga's goal only a few minutes later.

Welcome Droptech, we have a common enemy ... Milan, Juve (Inter) top the list of my most hated teams, however on the same level I also have Man U, Chelsea and Real Madrid & Valletta FC

Thank you ramsej!
Oh, I dislike Man U and Chelsea and Real also just that usually only Serie A clubs are the ones I can muster a true loathing from me. It probably stems from growing up so close to Italy and all my air antenna could pick up was Italian TV stations and that's all the soccer I got to watch usually. and in the 90's they usually won at the club level in European competitions. I love Italy as a country though.
Droptech
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Albania

Introduce yourself here!

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 am

Welcome! :D
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:11 am

Droptech wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Thank you ramsej!
Oh, I dislike Man U and Chelsea and Real also just that usually only Serie A clubs are the ones I can muster a true loathing from me. It probably stems from growing up so close to Italy and all my air antenna could pick up was Italian TV stations and that's all the soccer I got to watch usually. and in the 90's they usually won at the club level in European competitions. I love Italy as a country though.

the same for me since Malta is just 80km away from Sicily. When I used to tell my class mates and other that I support the German NT & FCB everyone looked at me surprised. I used to be the only one and later joined by 2 or 3 whom were not influenced by the Italian or English teams. In fact some of my old class mates still remember me just because I supported Germany, and others tell me that they've thought about me when Bayern/Germany won/lost :o
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:17 am

ramsej84 wrote:the same for me since Malta is just 80km away from Sicily. When I used to tell my class mates and other that I support the German NT & FCB everyone looked at me surprised. I used to be the only one and later joined by 2 or 3 whom were not influenced by the Italian or English teams. In fact some of my old class mates still remember me just because I supported Germany, and others tell me that they've thought about me when Bayern/Germany won/lost

Probably every Bayern fan in our country can relate to this. With social networking these days I can't mention the number of people who I know, but don't speak to often, who just know me as "the Bayern guy". Although certainly the situation has changed a bit in recent years since we became a strong force. Up until 6 or 7 years ago people would be like "Where the hell did you find that team?" :lol:

I must say the German NT tends to be popular with the females here, though. :oops:
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:19 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I must say the German NT tends to be popular with the females here, though. :oops:

true? !?!
Last edited by MUTU on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed QUOTE bbcode
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:28 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I must say the German NT tends to be popular with the females here, though. :oops:

true? !?!

Well it seems to be among the late teenagers at least. From my year group at Sixth Form two years ago during EURO 2012 I can name at least 10 out of 120 or so females who support Germany. There seems to have been a rise in popularity.

I am also finding it more common to encounter male Bayern fans of around the same age, but I think that is more because technology makes it easier to get to know people rather than an actual increase in fans.
Last edited by MUTU on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed QUOTE BBcode
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Droptech » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:42 pm

ramsej84 wrote:the same for me since Malta is just 80km away from Sicily. When I used to tell my class mates and other that I support the German NT & FCB everyone looked at me surprised. I used to be the only one and later joined by 2 or 3 whom were not influenced by the Italian or English teams. In fact some of my old class mates still remember me just because I supported Germany, and others tell me that they've thought about me when Bayern/Germany won/lost :o

When I was growing up in Albania I'd say 50% or more of the sports fans were Germany fans (since Albania never has and probably never will have a shot at a WC or Euro tournament participation people tended to pick a country to root for in those tournaments and then transfer that rooting interest to the Clubs of that country unless they rooted for a South American country in which case they had a second favorite that was European or just picked a club semi randomly). The rest was divided between Italy, Brazil, Netherland and Argentina.
Droptech
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Albania

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge