You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Introduce yourself here!

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:16 am

Wait MUTU our population will experience a yearly increase cause now anybody can buy a Maltese passport for 650 000 euros...

On another note. I've noticed that a good number of FC Bayern supporters become so after a deafeat! That speaks volumes both on us as supporters and also on our team.
Other teams attract fans just after a triumph or a good patch.
We are different - mia san mia mia san FC Bayern
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:22 am

ramsej84 wrote:anybody can buy a Maltese passport for 650 000 euros

the opposition party said that they regard these passports temporary and when they are back in government they will revoke all of them. Nobody will spend 650,000 euros for up to 5 years (currently 4) of guaranteed EU citizenship.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:31 am

MUTU wrote:the opposition party said that they regard these passports temporary and when they are back in government they will revoke all of them. Nobody will spend 650,000 euros for up to 5 years (currently 4) of guaranteed EU citizenship.

According to a good number of my friends (who are law students) they cannot be revoked according to the Constitution and to human rights. I do not know whether or not it is the case, however.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:20 pm

Sydney wrote:Hello everybody,

I am originally from Bavaria, grew up in a rural town close to the Czech border (formerly known as the Iron Curtain) and have been living in Sydney/Australia since the mid-90ies.

Rumor has it that I will be turning 50 this year. Considering that I've been following Bayern Munich since the mid-70ies, one could say that I have been around for a while. I remember watching the 75 and 76 Europe Cup finals on TV, but I only turned into a Bayern fan at the beginning of the 76/77 season - just in time to witness their decline from European greatness to domestic mediocrity.

It was not easy being a Bayern fan in those days, and being surrounded by Nuernberg and 1860 supporters didn't help. Beckenbauer had left for the USA, followed by Gerd Mueller the year after. Ulli Hoeness had to quit football because of an injury. Rummenigge was merely an upcoming hopeful, and Sepp Maier was still the goal keeper. I remember Bayern being in the relegation zone in 77/78. I recall the 0-7 home defeat against Schalke, and the memorable 1-6 away defeat in Saarbruecken. If you think that coming 2nd three times in 2012 was bad, then think again.

I never watch replays of defeats. It hurts too much. It is more than enough to witness it when it happens. The Europe cup final losses of 82 and 87 come to mind, as does the semi final elimination against Belgrade in 91. I was depressed for three days after the 99 final against Manchester United, and I truly thought it couldn't get any worse, and nothing would ever hurt again. But it got worse and hurt even more after the 2012 final against Chelsea. It rattled me for months.

It was round about that time that I joined a different forum, stayed for a year, and left after I realized that I didn't belong there. After a hiatus of six months I am hoping to find a new home here at Bayernforum. I am looking forward to getting in touch with the community here, and hope I have meaningful contributions to make.

I think I might know you...

And if I'm right, I'm delighted to see you here.

Welcome, in any case.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby OliilO » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi I'm Oli, moved to München two weeks ago with Erasmus. Looking forward to getting stuck into the FC scene here.
OliilO
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:20 pm

OliilO wrote:Hi I'm Oli, moved to München two weeks ago with Erasmus. Looking forward to getting stuck into the FC scene here.

Welcome! Were you already a fan before?
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Sydney » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:13 am

Well, I am glad I raised the issue of Maltese down under - I think!
Dare I mention that Melbourne is the city with the biggest Greek population outside of Greece, and is supposed to be the biggest Greek city after Athens and Saloniki???

@ Badger: yes, and here we meet again, my friend. It was comforting to see the familiar name and avatar. I trust all is well in your world.
Sydney
Getting the hang of it

Postby KaiserII » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi, "Kaiser II" here named in honor of both Franz Beckenbauer and the beer from Hallein, Austria.

I was hoping I might get some help from an American Bayern Munich fan. How does a person get Bayern Munich match coverage in the US? My searches have revealed "GolTV" as the only provider, and I know nothing about this company. Is that available online? With cable/satelite plans?

I have not seen any posts about this in the forum. Thanks, K2.
KaiserII
Hey, I'm new here!

Introduce yourself here!

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:24 pm

KaiserII wrote:Hi, "Kaiser II" here named in honor of both Franz Beckenbauer and the beer from Hallein, Austria.

I was hoping I might get some help from an American Bayern Munich fan. How does a person get Bayern Munich match coverage in the US? My searches have revealed "GolTV" as the only provider, and I know nothing about this company. Is that available online? With cable/satelite plans?

I have not seen any posts about this in the forum. Thanks, K2.

Welcome! I live in America so i know how hard it is to watch Bayern. At the moment GolTV has the BuLi rights till the 2014/15 season for North America. I have Verizon Fios so they offer GolTV, here is the thread that you are looking for.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby KaiserII » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Welcome! I live in America so i know how hard it is to watch Bayern. At the moment GolTV has the BuLi rights till the 2014/15 season for North America. I have Verizon Fios so they offer GolTV, here is the thread that you are looking for.

Thanks Firefox1234. I appreiciate the info, and will check out this thread. [-o<

P.S. I like your quote (abandon all hope, ye who enter here). Does that make you more a fan of Dante (Alighieri) the Italian poet, Dante (Bonfim Costa) the monster defender, or simply all things Dante?
KaiserII
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:56 pm

KaiserII wrote:Thanks Firefox1234. I appreiciate the info, and will check out this thread. [-o<

P.S. I like your quote (abandon all hope, ye who enter here). Does that make you more a fan of Dante (Alighieri) the Italian poet, Dante (Bonfim Costa) the monster defender, or simply all things Dante?

Idk if i would call myself a fan, im not really into literature but i did find his book quite interesting. I kinda wish that the quote was written somewhere in the Allianz Arena so away teams/fans would see it when walking in :twisted:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby KaiserII » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:44 am

It would seem an appropriate saying to put over the visitor enterance. However, after what Bayern just did to Frankfurt it's probably unnecessary. Everyone arriving at the Allianz Arena knows what they're getting into. ](*,)
KaiserII
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Paulafc1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi
I am a massive Arsenal fan who has already booked the flight over to the match in Munich on March the 11th with a friend. The problem we have is that we do not have any match tickets . Arsenal have sold out there 3300 allocation and despite knowing a lot of fans I cannot get any spare tickets. Can anyone help out, I do not mind paying over the odds. paulgoonerdineen@aol.com
Paulafc1
Hey, I'm new here!

National Flag:
England

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Welcome! =D>

Firefox1234