You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Introduce yourself here!

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby pasmois » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Hello everyone.

My name is Odysseas, I am from Greece and I am a physical education teacher with specialty in football.

I support FCB since 1999's Champions League Final..
pasmois
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Greece

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Welcome!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tedesco » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:52 am

Welcome!
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ttoad92 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Hello!

I'm Tommy I'm 21 from the UK, I guess I'm a fairly new Bayern Fan having started following them a couple of seasons ago. I found this forum a while back and have just been browsing ever since. Thought it was about time I made an account and contributed to the forum! :)
ttoad92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:08 pm

Welcome :)
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 pm

Welcome!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Sydney » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:22 am

Hello everybody,

I am originally from Bavaria, grew up in a rural town close to the Czech border (formerly known as the Iron Curtain) and have been living in Sydney/Australia since the mid-90ies.

Rumor has it that I will be turning 50 this year. Considering that I've been following Bayern Munich since the mid-70ies, one could say that I have been around for a while. I remember watching the 75 and 76 Europe Cup finals on TV, but I only turned into a Bayern fan at the beginning of the 76/77 season - just in time to witness their decline from European greatness to domestic mediocrity.

It was not easy being a Bayern fan in those days, and being surrounded by Nuernberg and 1860 supporters didn't help. Beckenbauer had left for the USA, followed by Gerd Mueller the year after. Ulli Hoeness had to quit football because of an injury. Rummenigge was merely an upcoming hopeful, and Sepp Maier was still the goal keeper. I remember Bayern being in the relegation zone in 77/78. I recall the 0-7 home defeat against Schalke, and the memorable 1-6 away defeat in Saarbruecken. If you think that coming 2nd three times in 2012 was bad, then think again.

I never watch replays of defeats. It hurts too much. It is more than enough to witness it when it happens. The Europe cup final losses of 82 and 87 come to mind, as does the semi final elimination against Belgrade in 91. I was depressed for three days after the 99 final against Manchester United, and I truly thought it couldn't get any worse, and nothing would ever hurt again. But it got worse and hurt even more after the 2012 final against Chelsea. It rattled me for months.

It was round about that time that I joined a different forum, stayed for a year, and left after I realized that I didn't belong there. After a hiatus of six months I am hoping to find a new home here at Bayernforum. I am looking forward to getting in touch with the community here, and hope I have meaningful contributions to make.
Sydney
Getting the hang of it

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:33 am

Welcome Sydney :) I take it that you live in Sydney ... :) There are many Maltese migrants in that City
I really enjoyed your post.
Those two defeats vs A.Villa & Porto must have hurt I got to see the highlights recently and couldn't believe! Although the one vs Porto we can say that they were slightly better.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:38 am

Welcome!

Great first post :D
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Introduce yourself here!

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:19 am

Sydney wrote:Hello everybody,

I am originally from Bavaria, grew up in a rural town close to the Czech border (formerly known as the Iron Curtain) and have been living in Sydney/Australia since the mid-90ies.

Rumor has it that I will be turning 50 this year. Considering that I've been following Bayern Munich since the mid-70ies, one could say that I have been around for a while. I remember watching the 75 and 76 Europe Cup finals on TV, but I only turned into a Bayern fan at the beginning of the 76/77 season - just in time to witness their decline from European greatness to domestic mediocrity.

It was not easy being a Bayern fan in those days, and being surrounded by Nuernberg and 1860 supporters didn't help. Beckenbauer had left for the USA, followed by Gerd Mueller the year after. Ulli Hoeness had to quit football because of an injury. Rummenigge was merely an upcoming hopeful, and Sepp Maier was still the goal keeper. I remember Bayern being in the relegation zone in 77/78. I recall the 0-7 home defeat against Schalke, and the memorable 1-6 away defeat in Saarbruecken. If you think that coming 2nd three times in 2012 was bad, then think again.

I never watch replays of defeats. It hurts too much. It is more than enough to witness it when it happens. The Europe cup final losses of 82 and 87 come to mind, as does the semi final elimination against Belgrade in 91. I was depressed for three days after the 99 final against Manchester United, and I truly thought it couldn't get any worse, and nothing would ever hurt again. But it got worse and hurt even more after the 2012 final against Chelsea. It rattled me for months.

It was round about that time that I joined a different forum, stayed for a year, and left after I realized that I didn't belong there. After a hiatus of six months I am hoping to find a new home here at Bayernforum. I am looking forward to getting in touch with the community here, and hope I have meaningful contributions to make.

Your post was beautiful :cry: you are the true embodiment of a fan!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Sydney » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:31 am

ramsej84 wrote:Welcome Sydney :) I take it that you live in Sydney ... :) There are many Maltese migrants in that City
I really enjoyed your post.
Those two defeats vs A.Villa & Porto must have hurt I got to see the highlights recently and couldn't believe! Although the one vs Porto we can say that they were slightly better.

Hi there, and thanks for the welcome. Yes, I live in Sydney's multicultural western part. And yes, there are more Maltese here in Sydney than in Malta :-)

CL final defeats always hurt. I can only accept the 2010 defeat against Inter. However, the pain of 82, 87, 99 and 2012 has been burned permanently into my nervous system. The only thing that helps are CL victories. Thank goodness for 2001 and 2013!
Sydney
Getting the hang of it

Postby sterndessudens » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:06 am

Welcome Sydney to this forum. Since SouthernStar and I are also both in Sydney (well she's on holiday until next month and I'm stuck here), you are welcome to join us at Cheers Bar in the city (opposite World Square) during live broadcasts of games if they are on Setanta and available on Saturday nights. I'll see if anyone else from the Bayern fanclub in Sydney wants to come and meet up.
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergehn...

Mehmet Scholl once offered a mixtape CD to Oliver Kahn. Kahn replied: Do you want me to shoot myself? Keep your crap to yourself.
sterndessudens
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Australia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:43 am

Sydney wrote:Hi there, and thanks for the welcome. Yes, I live in Sydney's multicultural western part. And yes, there are more Maltese here in Sydney than in Malta

I have heard that rumour before. Is it true?

Welcome to the forum! :D
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:56 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Sydney wrote:Hi there, and thanks for the welcome. Yes, I live in Sydney's multicultural western part. And yes, there are more Maltese here in Sydney than in Malta

I have heard that rumour before. Is it true?

Depends on the definition of 'Maltese'. A child who has one Maltese parent who emigrated to Australia is probably counted as being Maltese, even though (s)he may never have set foot on our island.

What I can say with certainty is that less than 50% of Maltese born in Malta have emigrated to Australia and are currently living in Sydney. However once these emigrants mingled with the locals and had children of half-Maltese 'blood', their numbers grew in size at a faster rate and thus possibly have overtaken the amount of Maltese living in Malta.

You see if a Maltese man and woman meet each other in Malta and have 2 kids, there would be 4 Maltese people in Malta in all.
If a Maltese man and woman emigrate to Sydney, they both meet locals and have 2 kids each, there would be 2 Maltese people and a further 4 Maltese descendents. If you count these children as Maltese, then your count is up to 6 Maltese.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:26 am

Welcome Sydney! :D

Sydney wrote:Rumor has it that I will be turning 50 this year.

Are the sources reliable or is it Sky Italia all over again? :P

MUTU wrote:Depends on the definition of 'Maltese'. A child who has one Maltese parent who emigrated to Australia is probably counted as being Maltese, even though (s)he may never have set foot on our island

I'd say it's to do with both origins and nationalities. It's not like somebody who's never been to Malta and born in another country can't be Maltese. If either of a kid's parents are Maltese and the kid takes on the Maltese nationality, he should be regarded as a Maltese. I don't see the fuss about half or full Maltese blood. Then we'd enter a debate where we'd be stuck on if the 'originals' were really the 'originals'.
That way even I am not sure of my 'original' origins as there's not much proof from where my section of people moved to India in the long, long, long gone past. After all people have been migrating since the 'beginning'.

MUTU wrote:You see if a Maltese man and woman meet each other in Malta and have 2 kids, there would be 4 Maltese people in Malta in all.
If a Maltese man and woman emigrate to Sydney, they both meet locals and have 2 kids each, there would be 2 Maltese people and a further 4 Maltese descendents. If you count these children as Maltese, then your count is up to 6 Maltese.

Goes as earlier. Only if they accept Maltese citizenship.

Same goes in India. We can't really keep of all Indian-origin 'foreign' guys now, can we? There's already a lot of us. :P
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge