You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Interesting Facts about you

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Interesting Facts about you

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:02 pm

- Almost died due to alcohol poisoning when i was 19 by drinking a lot of Absinthe. Was like in a coma for a couple of hours

- Was a great student in High School and most of college until I got caught for hacking and suspended for a year. I used to use anonymous emailer pretend to be the teacher and email the assistant asking for the midterm/final day before the exam. Worked many times until I got lazy and did not use a proxy. :roll: . Going to finish my Economics major @ NYU in 6 months.

- Lived in many countries and have been lucky to have lived and traveled (a lot of the time by myself) and meet interesting people across the world. [Singapore, India, Australia, Vietnam, Italy, USA].

- Am a massive massive cinephile. So if you guys ever need movie recommendations ask me. 8)
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby uzi716 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Psychaz wrote:who's your team bro, Falcons here, Blown out by packers and Aaron Rodgers, Embarrassing :x

I'm a big Giants fan and don't worry our two losses to the Eagles this season are just as bad....
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Wow, really interesting stuff Aequitas :o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby The Spyware » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:14 pm

I am So Lazy guy , and my friends hate that very much

I was about to die three times in my life by different ways :lol: once when I was a child drowning in the sea but they saved me ,, once in 2003 when a fire went into our apartment when we was sleeping at night but fortunately my mother woke up due to heat and smell of the smoke and she waked me up and my sister and we all went out of the apartment m I remember that while I was passing beside the fire I throw pillow in it :lol: and the I was the last one to go out and So foolishly closed the door after I left #-o , third time in a car accident last year on the high way

I live in a medicine enviroment , My Father,My Mother,My Sister,My two uncles,My Granfather all are doctors and so do I , it's like a destiney in our family

The first time for me to travel abroad was only last year when I finally went to Saudi Arabia , Apart from this I never left my country

My always dream to travel to Germany and Munchen and wach a match at the Allianz Arena , Unfortunately the travelling from Egypt To Europe is very hard and to gain the approval from the destined country embassy is difficult , I hope to go there one day and I hope to take my career there

I Hate my country national team in football very much

I love the Oldies music , I love different classic bands and I love Beatles Very much

I don't love watching films or series at all , I get bored all the time and atmost I see two films(Arabic or English) per year in cinemas ,, I prefer watching football much more

Beside Football , I love watching Tennis and Snooker very much and I have been so unfortunate with everything I kove in these sports as Bayern hasn't won a CL since 2001 , I saw Germany only loosing finals and semifinals in different comptetitions (even in Euro 96 I was still 5 years old and I didn't watch it) , with Zamalek so many miseries alont the years and the last time Zamaelk won African CL was in 2003 and the League in 2004 also I witnessed so many bad moments in the stadium which is very hard to bear , also in tennis I loved Marat Safin SO MUCH and I only watches him winning one Grandslam back in 2005 , Even my players in snooker..
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:20 pm

The Spyware wrote:I Hate my country national team in football very much

I'm curious... why? I enjoy watching the Egyptian NT. I was disappointed when they didn't reach the WC.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby The Spyware » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:39 pm

haha and I enjoyed seeing them fail :twisted:
well it's a complicated issue to explain , you should live in Egypt and witness how DIRTY and UNFAIR the football enviroment in Egypt is and how it's directed to favour and help only one club which is Al Ahly and fck their rivals specially Zamalek of course
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby walter » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 am

Cool thread!

A few things about me:

I was born in Raleigh, US, to a Venezuelan mother and a German father. I moved to Venezuela when I was 3 years old though. Growing up in a small town in Venezuela I played football almost everyday, when not playing football, I was hiking and chasing lizards, snakes, and all sorts of critters (which has to do with what I currently do, as you'll see below).

In the 80's, because of the big Italian community in Venezuela, the only football on TV, other than big international tournaments, was Serie A. Back in the day I used to be a big fan of Inter because at that time they had Matthaus, Brehme, and Klisnmann. At the same time Bayern became my team because they did show Champions Cup (now Champions League) on TV, and Bayern was the only German team playing consistently in the Cup, plus I knew it was a team with a great history. Otherwise, I would've probably become a Hamburg fan, since that's where my father's family comes from (I do have a soft spot for them as a matter of fact).

I attented elementary school, high school, and college (natural resources management degree) in Venezuela. After graduating from college in 98 I realized that what I really wanted to do was to study reptiles. Therefore, in 2000 I moved to US to attend graduate school. I obtained a M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Biology ("Dr. Walter," how about that?) specializing in systematics of neotropical reptiles (I guess that explains my avatar). I now teach Biostatistics and Biology at college level in Texas.

I have a beautiful wife and two great kids (boy 11, girl 4). I'm very young at heart though, I love watching movies, playing video games (hey, if you are on XBOX live, add me: "wacharak" --- big COD fan!!! send me a message first and mention the forum), listening to music (used to be a big prog rock fan, especially King Crimson, but now I almost exclusively listen to old acoustic blues--see video), playing guitar, and, of course, I'm constantly watching football (not too much Seria A anymore :) ).

Favorite artist, the great Lightnin Hopkins:

walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Wow, very interesting life Dr. Walter. :)

I am assuming if you do like Blues and Jazz that you watch the HBO Show Treme?
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby walter » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:46 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:Wow, very interesting life Dr. Walter. :)

I am assuming if you do like Blues and Jazz that you watch the HBO Show Treme?

Actually, no. We just added HBO to our cable service. The wife was bitching about us just having sport channels so we had to add something else to our cable package. :D

I'll try to check it out!
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby armbrust » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:10 pm

A few things about me:

I was born in Raleigh, US, to a Venezuelan mother and a German father. I moved to Venezuela when I was 3 years old though. Growing up in a small town in Venezuela I played football almost everyday, when not playing football, I was hiking and chasing lizards, snakes, and all sorts of critters (which has to do with what I currently do, as you'll see below).

In the 80's, because of the big Italian community in Venezuela, the only football on TV, other than big international tournaments, was Serie A. Back in the day I used to be a big fan of Inter because at that time they had Matthaus, Brehme, and Klisnmann. At the same time Bayern became my team because they did show Champions Cup (now Champions League) on TV, and Bayern was the only German team playing consistently in the Cup, plus I knew it was a team with a great history. Otherwise, I would've probably become a Hamburg fan, since that's where my father's family comes from (I do have a soft spot for them as a matter of fact).

I attented elementary school, high school, and college (natural resources management degree) in Venezuela. After graduating from college in 98 I realized that what I really wanted to do was to study reptiles. Therefore, in 2000 I moved to US to attend graduate school.

Wow, we have similar stories but i didnt had the balls to get out of here when chavez took the power. I remember very well those sunday mornings inter games with Matthaus, Brehme and Jurgen, it was VTV channel , now they only show commie crap, i used to see those with my dad (who born in lubeck) in a italian restaurant (they made "Pernil Sandwiches" for us in the mornings) .

A fact about me is that i was in who want to be millonaire and made it to question 7 or so.

When i was underaged i got a fake driving license and it worked very well (i even paint a mustache for the pick :D ), now i have 40 yo and my driving license is a $10 bill (in local currency).

I play poker as a fulltime job.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Element » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:16 pm

armbrust wrote:A fact about me is that i was in who want to be millonaire and made it to question 7 or so.

When i was underaged i got a fake driving license and it worked very well (i even paint a mustache for the pick ), now i have 40 yo and my driving license is a $10 bill (in local currency).

LMAO LMAO LMAO

+ Karma dude
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby KAHN » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:27 pm

armbrust wrote:

I really hope you know what you are doing!
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby armbrust » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:13 am

I really hope you know what you are doing!

Dont worry, i started playing freerolls and have never use a cent from my own pocket.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby walter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:38 am

armbrust wrote:
A few things about me:

I attented elementary school, high school, and college (natural resources management degree) in Venezuela. After graduating from college in 98 I realized that what I really wanted to do was to study reptiles. Therefore, in 2000 I moved to US to attend graduate school.

Wow, we have similar stories but i didnt had the balls to get out of here when chavez took the power. I remember very well those sunday mornings inter games with Matthaus, Brehme and Jurgen, it was VTV channel , now they only show commie crap, i used to see those with my dad (who born in lubeck) in a italian restaurant (they made "Pernil Sandwiches" for us in the mornings) .

A fact about me is that i was in who want to be millonaire and made it to question 7 or so.

When i was underaged i got a fake driving license and it worked very well (i even paint a mustache for the pick :D ), now i have 40 yo and my driving license is a $10 bill (in local currency).

Pretty cool!, man. I didn't know there was someone else from Venezuela in the forun!

PS. now I understand why we share the hate for commies we both mentioned regarding St. Pauli
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Well, my turn:

* I was born in Montevideo, Uruguay, but at the age of 8 I moved to a city called San Jose (90 km far from Montevideo).
* This country sucks, and it is my ambition to leave and never return.
* Besides football I love rugby, and tennis. Further more, I play amateur rugby but is not so popular here in Uruguay, so it's just for fun :D and our team sucks heheh
* Because of playing rugby I go to the gym, I have a hooligan aspect :lol: , but I'm a kid on the inside ('just' 23) :lol:
* I love watching football, but I rarely play. I prefer playing tennis in my free time.
* I'm also a physics professor at high school and I'm currently studying engineering at University.
* I'm one of the few Bayern-fans around here, so it's complicated to get some Bayern stuff. Last december I got my Schweini's T-shirt and I had to buy it in Argentina #-o (stupid country my dear Uruguay)
* I studied english for several years, but my grammar still sucks :)
* I'm a cinema and music lover. I listen to all kinds of music, from Beatles to Megadeth, from Bob Marley to Phil Collins. But I don't listen this f*** shit called reggeaton, and I don't like rap/hip hop music.
* I have more than 500 DVDs at home with movies, concerts and mp3 (Yes, I'm a pirate)
* I'm a superfreak fan of The Beatles. I'm a collector too. I got variated stuff from them. If you're wondering, George is my favourite :D
* I don't consider myself a 'gamer' but I still got my PS2 and use it very often :lol: (mostly FIFA and PES of course)

Don't know what else to add, if something else comes to my mind then I'll post it.
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge