You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Goegraphical Distribution

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Goegraphical Distribution

Postby kevh26 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:37 pm

Sorry to stray from Bayern, but I was just wondering about the geographical distribution of the forum, where's everyone from?

as far as I've seen, I'm the only English person in here!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:08 pm

I'm from Malta, tiny island country in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, south of Italy.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fa » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:42 pm

Belgium all the way 8) -> small country just across the chanel :P

Allthough im not german, and i cannot speak german, still i have always been a real fan of Bayern!! Even bought me an official Tshirt :)

I also play football and support my favorite team in belgium: Anderlecht !!

Think that s about it :twisted:
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby CR7 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:32 pm

Lebanon, but i live in Sweden
"I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat."
(RON ATKINSON)
CR7
Getting the hang of it

Postby podolski4life » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:58 am

I'm from USA... I think I'm the only one. It's okay though, I like being different :)

as far as I've seen, I'm the only English person in here!

no you're not. Mirage is another person from the UK. i know her from the podolski website. Great diversity in here guys!!!
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:57 am

LoL i was wondering how you all came passionate with Bayern.. because its still strange that someone outside germany supports a team like Bayern..
in particular someone from the USA :D (lol, no offence mate, i was just wondering :wink: )

btw, did you know that bayern has the second largest fan base (after Barca).. so would be nice if Bayern turns up again on the international stage :!:
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:14 pm

CR7 wrote:Lebanon, but i live in Sweden

this has baffled me... you're from lebanon, you live in sweden, but for some bizarre reason you've got a quote from Big Ron
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby podolski4life » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:00 am

fa wrote:LoL i was wondering how you all came passionate with Bayern.. because its still strange that someone outside germany supports a team like Bayern..
in particular someone from the USA :D (lol, no offence mate, i was just wondering :wink: )

btw, did you know that bayern has the second largest fan base (after Barca).. so would be nice if Bayern turns up again on the international stage :!:

no offense taken buddy. if i were you, i'd find it weird that a girl from the USA actually likes European football too :wink:
i've always had a knack for taking an interest in different things. this is probably an extent of my talent haha.
ok, for real, i got (really) hooked on football during the WM. i play football casually, but never really took a real interest in it until then.

football isnt big in the US, so it'd be awesome if bayern went international. :D
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:37 am

Well its nice to have someone from the USA who appreciates football :wink: I heared most people dont really like it, and that it is seen as a girls-sport? I do think football will get more popular once the national USA football team gets better on the international stage.. this year was kind of a disappointment but still, i think there is yet lots to come. there are some young upcoming talents .

I hope its like the same as with biclycling, that came popular after Armstrongs wins in the Tour de France..

Btw, are there any American channels that broadcasts Live bundesliga football?

Greeting from Belgium 8)
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:21 pm

podolski4life wrote:no offense taken buddy. if i were you, i'd find it weird that a girl from the USA actually likes European football too :wink:
i've always had a knack for taking an interest in different things. this is probably an extent of my talent haha.
ok, for real, i got (really) hooked on football during the WM. i play football casually, but never really took a real interest in it until then.

football isnt big in the US, so it'd be awesome if bayern went international. :D

Didn't Bayern play Man Utd a couple of years ago in chicago (or new york, can't remember) it'll have been 2004 pre-season, we won if I remember rightly!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nessa13 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:23 pm

im from canada.. its rite on top of usa
schweinsteiger&podolski4life
nessa13
Getting the hang of it

Postby podolski4life » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:29 pm

fa wrote:Well its nice to have someone from the USA who appreciates football :wink: I heared most people dont really like it, and that it is seen as a girls-sport? I do think football will get more popular once the national USA football team gets better on the international stage.. this year was kind of a disappointment but still, i think there is yet lots to come. there are some young upcoming talents .

I hope its like the same as with biclycling, that came popular after Armstrongs wins in the Tour de France..

Btw, are there any American channels that broadcasts Live bundesliga football?

Greeting from Belgium 8)

Yeah, not a lot of people here like football. It's more of baseball, basketball, etc. Ehh, not to sure about the girl-sport though. Females are starting to get into football though, so that's cool. Stereotypical "girl-sports" are gymnastics and volleyball.
I know I'm supposed to be loyal to USA football, but we can't hold a candle to teams like Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, etc. I reeeallly hope we get better though. Or at least score more than one goal in the WM :roll: Freddy Adu is the bomb though. He was gonna play for Team USA, but he was indecisive between them and Ghana. He's only 17 and already he plays for DC United.
Very true, bicycling became popular after Armstrong. Bat after that whole Landis thing and abnormal testosterone levels this year, I'm not so sure anymore. :?

Some American channels broadcast Bundesliga, but you have to order them specially. Like GOLTV. I think that's the only one that broadcasts the games. FOX Soccer Channel used to, but they don't anymore.

Greetings from America. Belgium chocolate rocks :D
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:35 am

fa wrote:in particular someone from the USA :D

According to the web logs, the most popular country from which BayernForum.com has visitors is from the USA ;)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:37 am

kevh26 wrote:Didn't Bayern play Man Utd a couple of years ago in chicago (or new york, can't remember) it'll have been 2004 pre-season, we won if I remember rightly!

We won on penalties :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fa » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:37 pm

Now that you mention GOLTV, i watched Barcelona against Bayern last week on that channel !! if you download SOPcast or TVUplayer you can actually receive this channel which is so great !!

the thing i like most is the commentary.. those guys behind the mics always get so passionate in giving comments :D

Greetz from BE, btw American girls rule :wink:
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to The Lounge