You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

German members...

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: German members...

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:10 pm

RedQueen wrote:Because there are a number of topics where the centrist parties plus the Left are a monolith advocating more or less the same position. One is of course the refugee crisis, and to give you just one example of what's going on in some parts of the country: In North-Rhine Westphalia, there are communities that terminate the contracts of rental apartments with people aged 80+ because they can't find accommodation for asylum seekers. These old people were brought to NRW 50 years ago because NRW needed teachers etc. and they were assured a life-long right to live in their apartments. There's a lot of injustice going on related to that topic that doesn't make only Nazis angry.

Another area is the European Union and the Eurozone. There are many who want Germany out of the Eurozone or want the Eurozone reformed or dissolved, and there are many who want the EU to be reformed (there are also those who want Germany to leave the EU, but that's a smaller fraction).

There are those who oppose the shut-down of the nuclear power plants and the Energiewende and the skyrocketing electricity prices. (There are good reasons to criticize the Energiewende even if you oppose nuclear power, just for the manner it was put into practice).

These are three areas the parties from Left to CDU offer no alternative to Merkel's position; I suppose I could find more. The bottom line is the centrist parties plus Left are too monolithic in their positions with respect to important topics, and the AfD is the party that benefits from it.

all good valid points to make one snub the centrist parties...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:But how come no one is analyzing the result? Why all those ppl opted for them?
What triggered this switch? What is annoying the German ppl? Economic wise Germany is a super power, so why so many ppl decided to snob the centrist parties?
Surely there should be an answer for all these questions

I don't know and I'm much less familiar with German politics than I am with UK or even French politics, but I assume lots of people are analysing it. :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm

http://www.bild.de/politik/inland/bundestagswahl2017/ergebnisse-der-laender-kreise-und-bezirke-im-detail-53323038.bild.html

Uhhhhhhh, very interesting view of elections in 2013 and 2017, really liked these maps.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:36 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
RedQueen wrote:It's less than 10 percent of the total population but they're still the third strongest party. And the reason they are the third strongest party is the same why Americans in the rust belt voted Trump. Most AfD voters were former non-voters, out of the former voters most came from the CDU (1m), but almost as many came from SPD and the Left (0.9m both parties together). The rest came from minor parties.

Certainly. What I wanted to point out is that so many people voting for them doesn't mean they're not extremists.
But how come no one is analyzing the result? Why all those ppl opted for them?
What triggered this switch? What is annoying the German ppl? Economic wise Germany is a super power, so why so many ppl decided to snob the centrist parties?
Surely there should be an answer for all these questions

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

There is: just like you, people tend to blame their whole situation on politics, except reviewing themselves and their own decisions critically and thoroughly first of all...

RedQueen wrote:Voter turnout was 76 percent.

The problem with the AfD is that they can't keep their extreme right wingers in check. Contrary to what #12 thinks, there are still sensible people in the AfD, but there are also right-wing extremists and unfortunately they're getting stronger. And the sensible ones are leaving the party, have been leaving for while now.

There was a chance in 2013 when the party was founded by Bernd Lucke and a bunch of economists around him that we'll get a real conservative/liberal party located somewhere in the political triangle between FDP, CDU and CSU. But it went downhill when Petry won the power struggle against Lucke and this people, and when the latter left the party. Our much lauded media played a significant part in it, same as the sheep running with them and painting Lucke as something akin to Hitler's heir. Petry was never going to be able to keep the right-wing extremists in check. Now she's turned down her mandate. I wonder whether she regrets taking action against Lucke back then.

HOW is that contrary to what I think? That is EXACTLY what I'm saying ALL THE TIME... Or does "not all of them are Nazis" mean something else to you? Again, at the latest with Lucke's dismissal it was blatantly obvious the party is going down to a dark place...

ramsej84 wrote:Just learned that one of the AfD leaders is a Lesbian ... who has a partner and twp kids (probably adopted) how can you call nazi , extreme right to someone like her?

Again, you should read more carefully... And not just pick one single example that fits your own perception... Weidel is the counterweight to the Gauleiter - who is as Nazi as it gets in my book...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:50 pm

Maybe you said something along the lines of "not all of them are Nazis" in one of your 8786 posts, #12. As I said before, I don't claim to have read every single one of them. But the impression I got is that 1) you think the entire AfD are Nazis and 2) everyone voting for them is either a Nazi or an idiot. Both claims are plain stereotypes as far as I'm concerned. What you think of or thought of Bernd Lucke and his AfD there's no way of knowing, as you've only been a member of this forum since 05/2015.

And now Peter Gauweiler is a Nazi... Sweet Jesus. Honestly, you are a history teacher? Really?? As a history teacher, you should know better than that.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Should I... Wants to get back "his" people? What's that even mean? Proud of German soldiers in two world wars? The ones that supported industrialized genocide? Yes, there's worse than him and it was a hyperbole, but he's clearly a Nazi...
And I think you have to be pretty idiotic to vote for a party like that, yes... And you somehow must think you're entitled to something you're clearly not... Yes they have voters in all areas... But guess where most of them come from?

And even non-Nazis can be insanely radical... And divide society...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:05 pm

#12 wrote:Should I... Wants to get back "his" people? What's that even mean? Proud of German soldiers in two world wars? The ones that supported industrialized genocide? Yes, there's worse than him and it was a hyperbole, but he's clearly a Nazi...

Any chance that you're confusing Peter Gauweiler with Alexander Gauland?
And I think you have to be pretty idiotic to vote for a party like that, yes... And you somehow must think you're entitled to something you're clearly not... Yes they have voters in all areas... But guess where most of them come from?

I've cited the results of the exit polls showing where most of them come from. I've also mentioned reasons for voting for them that have nothing to do with being an idiot. For the record, I didn't vote for them. But I understand why people who aren't idiots voted for them.

So? Everyone has to have the same mainstream opinion? Do you know what the term "radical" even means?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:10 pm

RedQueen wrote:
#12 wrote:Should I... Wants to get back "his" people? What's that even mean? Proud of German soldiers in two world wars? The ones that supported industrialized genocide? Yes, there's worse than him and it was a hyperbole, but he's clearly a Nazi...

Any chance that you're confusing Peter Gauweiler with Alexander Gauland?

I've cited the results of the exit polls showing where most of them come from.

So? Everyone has to have the same mainstream opinion? Do you know what the term "radical" even means?

No, different opinions are great... So long as they are not ethnic bullying...

And no, I'm not confusing them... Gauland=Gauleiter... Was always talking about him...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 pm

So, different opinions are great as long as they don't differ too much from your opinion. If they do, it's better or at least more convenient to write them off as either Nazis or idiots. A true Angela Merkel fan.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

German members...

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Has she ever used that word?

I'm just writing them off as opinions that cannot be called an educated decision... It makes no sense to vote for AfD when you have a low income... I would also call a member if the lower class voting for FDP stupid... Or a board member of VW voting for the Green Party... Get the picture?

Calling these kinds of people stupid is not really an insult...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Calling people stupid is always an insult. I don't think you even begin to understand what causes people to vote AfD.
Last edited by RedQueen on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:39 pm

I do...
90 % of it is imaginary though

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:41 pm

No, I don't think you do.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Well, thank god this is still a free country

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:52 pm

Earlier on I saw a discussion prog on italian tv...
The country is in big chaos... Rapes on women of all ages all over the place.. mark my words that the Lega Nord (Northern League) will win a lot of seats...
The common men in the street has no one answering his concerns, therefore they turn to the Right ... if it was not for the idiotic traitors the Right wing won't even exist ....

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge