You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Rants Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Rants Thread

Postby AssemFCB » Fri May 17, 2013 7:28 pm

I see that theory as a bit radical. Anyways, religion is a topic I have bad experiences discussing, so that's enough for me. The thing that hurts me most is animal rights. Education is key in ensuring animals are not tortured/mistreated in everyday life. I saw a cat killed by a car yesterday and it really bummed me out. Sterilizing street cats and dogs should be taken seriously as a victimless act. The sooner the remaining street cats/dogs die out, the sooner we'll avoid a major component of the issue of animal safety.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby BayernLove » Fri May 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Trust me, even if religion didn't exist, the war mongers would still have another reason to wage war.
The removal of any factor will NOT stop people from trying to wage wars, thanks to a superiority complex far too many have, and the thought that they are entitled to having everyone agree with them. The only choice to banish war entirely is making everyone agree on one thing and one thing only, which would be not only stupid, but would also make this world dull as F*CK.
Megalomania...
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 17, 2013 9:39 pm

AssemFCB wrote:I see that theory as a bit radical. Anyways, religion is a topic I have bad experiences discussing, so that's enough for me. The thing that hurts me most is animal rights. Education is key in ensuring animals are not tortured/mistreated in everyday life. I saw a cat killed by a car yesterday and it really bummed me out. Sterilizing street cats and dogs should be taken seriously as a victimless act. The sooner the remaining street cats/dogs die out, the sooner we'll avoid a major component of the issue of animal safety.

Certainly the life of animals must be respected more, but making sure children rights are followed is much more pressing than animal rights...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:43 pm

MOONRIDER wrote:research the subject deep and you will be disappointed of what you´ll find.

Someone who believes in God and is religious could also say a similar thing "research the subject deep and you will NOT be disappointed of what you´ll find"...

Atheists tend to say the same thing all over again...but a fact is that 99,99% of Atheists didnt read any of the holy books but everyone knows religion better than a man who "lives" religion every day.

Everyone has his view on religion...i can understand that...but to mock people who are religious or vice-versa is just wrong.

Every religion teaches beautiful things...and we could say that religion is perfect...but people that practice it arent.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Regarding religion, the thing is that while it has been used negatively (not referring to any specific religion here), that does not in any way disprove the existence of a God. That is something which is not possible to prove or disprove, which is why it is "faith" after all.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby samaj » Sat May 18, 2013 12:07 am

All hail the flying spaghetti monster
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Chalant » Sat May 18, 2013 5:53 am

AssemFCB wrote:I see that theory as a bit radical

Look at each and every religion. They all have a code of conduct, behave this way or else you will be tortured beyond imagination for eternity. This applies from Ancient Religions to Modern ones. It's absolutely stupid.

sch0ll7 wrote:Atheists tend to say the same thing all over again...but a fact is that 99,99% of Atheists didnt read any of the holy books but everyone knows religion better than a man who "lives" religion every day.

As Moonrider pointed out, Atheists do read the holy books, and it is after that they reject it.

sch0ll7 wrote:Every religion teaches beautiful things...and we could say that religion is perfect...but people that practice it arent.

Religion is invented by people.

I like to view myself as an atheist, but I lean closer towards agnosticism. I have flouted the only one thing which is a no-no in my religion regularly (beef).
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AssemFCB » Sat May 18, 2013 7:59 am

MOONRIDER wrote:
BayernLove wrote:Trust me, even if religion didn't exist, the war mongers would still have another reason to wage war.
The removal of any factor will NOT stop people from trying to wage wars, thanks to a superiority complex far too many have, and the thought that they are entitled to having everyone agree with them. The only choice to banish war entirely is making everyone agree on one thing and one thing only, which would be not only stupid, but would also make this world dull as F*CK.
Megalomania...

1:true
2:false
watch the radford film´´ 1984´´
all time classic ,and it answers those questions chillingly perfect...

or kubrick´s ´´paths of glory´´

1984 is by Orwell.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby samaj » Sat May 18, 2013 8:19 am

This is how it goes, most atheists did read holy books that's why they are atheists in the first place.
I personally read all the *Holy books* and decided not to follow any of it, because as much as it sounds good or comforting or whatever, its got a dark side people wish to ignore.

Secondly heres another topic to talk about: How can you say this religion is good or the true one or beautiful etc.. when most of the people were born and raise to it (Brainwashed) Like for example if you're from Hong Kong you'd be buddhist, or if in the arab world 90% muslim, in europe or what ever country Christian or something else. What makes this religion more true than the other one? because your books says so? of course not. Even if there is a real and true religion, the chances of you being with it is like 5% out of all the religions in the world.
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 18, 2013 10:36 am

Chalant wrote:Look at each and every religion. They all have a code of conduct, behave this way or else you will be tortured beyond imagination for eternity. This applies from Ancient Religions to Modern ones. It's absolutely stupid.

I am not knowledgeable about every religion, but I don't think this is true for the religions which don't believe in an afterlife in the way Christianity, Islam etc. do
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby AvatarX » Sat May 18, 2013 6:52 pm

This must be one of the shortest (and easier to read) posts.

As a Greek you should now that:
"λακωνιζειν εστι φιλοσοφειν" (talking like Spartans talk is philosophical - Being laconic is a synonym to short talking , brief and correct speech.)

BTW if we are in the correction loop, try to use capitals when starting a new sentence. It's easier to read and get what you mean that way.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby AvatarX » Sat May 18, 2013 8:31 pm

MOONRIDER wrote:´´know thyself´´ which of course means
as academics and Epicur say,mind your own business and dont get involved into politics,this is the aristocracy´s domain.

MOONRIDER wrote:and ´´λακωνιζειν´´ was the favourite theocratic/militarized dictatorship plato and aristotle dreamed about
when opposing the democratic rule of the people in athens.

MOONRIDER wrote:Being laconic is not a synonym to short talking , brief and correct speech,but dropping tough discussions,been arrogant
and taking up arms to solve everything.

No, no, no and NO. You got it all wrong. Where/what did you study?
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Sat May 18, 2013 8:43 pm

MOONRIDER wrote:democratic rule of the people in athens

BTW funny that you say that, given your views about women rights and the fact the women (and slaves of course) had no vote in the democracy of Athens.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Sat May 18, 2013 9:28 pm

I see you dropped the capitals again.

MOONRIDER wrote:and it is yes to all that above ,these are plain crude facts .

Facts? No, those are not facts - those 3 I highlighted are poor misguided opinions, sorry. That's why I asked where / what did you study.

MOONRIDER wrote:but i see the same post in 2 threads .what should i do now?

Which threads? What do you mean?

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Sat May 18, 2013 9:45 pm

True.

And by the way

MOONRIDER wrote:i can expand on that later if you want (it will take a long long post)

Don't. And please use capitals in the start of a sentence. It's easier for someone to read that way.

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge