You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

The other thread

Postby Mirage » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:44 pm

I thought we could use this place to talk about our daily lives, because we don't really do that much. Talk about work, school, plans for the weekend and stuff...
I dunno if it'll take off :P

But I'm off to the cinema on Sunday probably, to see The Illusionist. I've heard a lot of bad reviews for it, but when I like the look of a film I want to make my own mind up.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: The other thread

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:04 pm

Mirage wrote:But I'm off to the cinema on Sunday probably, to see The Illusionist. I've heard a lot of bad reviews for it, but when I like the look of a film I want to make my own mind up.

Really? All I've heard about it is people saying how it's a really good movie. But I've not seen it personally, so I can't really say. However on imdb it has a pretty high rating.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:10 pm

Have you? Awesome. The bad reviews I've heard, are from film critics on the TV, they say it tries to be The Prestige but darker, and fails miserably. But I love Ed Norton, so I must see it.
Has anyone seen American History X?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:13 pm

Well a couple of people I know saw both The Prestige and The Illusionist and they agreed that The Illusionist is a much better movie. I guess it all comes down to personal opinion at the end.

Yes, I've seen American History X. It's a good movie!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:16 pm

Unfortunately I haven't seen Prestige but it's out on DVD I think, so I'll buy it when it comes down in price.
American History X is a great film. Most of Ed Norton's films are in fact.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:18 pm

It's not worth buying that much. I would recommend that you rent it and watch it.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:03 am

Just download it! Ha I ain´t buying that kind of stuff anymore. I used to buy music cds but they are overpriced and beer is cheaper. :lol:
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Mirage wrote:Unfortunately I haven't seen Prestige but it's out on DVD I think, so I'll buy it when it comes down in price.
American History X is a great film. Most of Ed Norton's films are in fact.

love american history x, but the italian job wasa disaster for him!

as far as talking about daily lives.... i just strolled in the house at 12:50 from friday night out.... I'm rough as a badgers arse, and i'm supposed to be out again tonight when all the lads get back from the Barnsley match!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:20 pm

I haven't seen the new italian job, um or the old one either... I've heard the new one is a disaster though!
I totally would never ever download a movie :P I'll watch them and TV shows online but I refuse to download!

And @ kev... good luck with that ;)
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:39 pm

Mirage wrote:I haven't seen the new italian job, um or the old one either... I've heard the new one is a disaster though!
I totally would never ever download a movie :P I'll watch them and TV shows online but I refuse to download!

And @ kev... good luck with that ;)

I download everything. Because i get to hear / see it faster :D

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:58 pm

Well since we are talking about movies here I'd like to hear people's opinions about the movie "Borat" if you have seen it. What do you think about it. It's nice I like
FC Bajern

Postby Paddy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:12 pm

It wasn´t as funny as I expected.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:40 pm

I haven't seen Borat but it looks funny, and I want to see it. I prefer Borat to Ali G who I never really liked.

I thought The Illusionist was all right by the way, but I think its a bit of an acquired taste. The illusions are the most exciting bits in it....
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby yoanna » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:28 am

used to watch ali g. actually found him funny. 'nuff said.

absolutely loved the prestige movie. it was fabulous and stunnigly made.
short after saw perfume: the history of a murderer and was pretty disappointed with it. much ado about nothing.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mirage » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:48 am

I've been told great stuff about Perfume. I want to see that.

But err, does anyone have anything to add that isn't movie-related? Or are your lives all that dull? :P
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to The Lounge