You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:45 pm

Best of luck. It's a challenging path (one which I hope to take myself in a different field) but not impossible.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:49 pm

Congratulations my Bulgarian friend! =D> :cheers: I hope you'll demonstrate the order and justice somewhere within next few years. :)
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:26 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Best of luck. It's a challenging path (one which I hope to take myself in a different field) but not impossible.

Yeah,it's the most interesting part of the law for me.Do you work in this sphere (something that requires law education) ?

FCB general wrote:Congratulations my Bulgarian friend! =D> :cheers: I hope you'll demonstrate the order and justice somewhere within next few years. :)

Thank you brother ! :cheers:

I hope that my generation will change the status quo under which we-as a country,have been moving for nearly 30 years.We have to do it.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:39 am

IsiahRashad wrote:Yeah,it's the most interesting part of the law for me.Do you work in this sphere (something that requires law education) ?

Not exactly, although when I was younger I did consider going into law for about 2 years... then changed plans last minute and I never regretted it. My first degree is in English, linguistics and literature - both my passions - and a minor in Communications. At the moment I'm in the final stage (writing thesis) of my Master's degree in Translation Studies.

That's where my relation to law comes in. I currently work as a freelance translator and have had to translate a number of legal documents, mainly judgments of Maltese courts and sometimes parts of EU laws, so I do know some of the terminology but obviously always have to research a bit. It's not my main work though. You're more likely to find me translating web pages of EU-funded projects. Later today I am meeting a new agency to try and get some of the work they send out to freelancers as well. If I get anything from them it will probably be tech-related manuals and so on.

But as I said earlier my passion really is literature and linguistics. Translation kind of brings those two together nicely, but not in everyday work. It's a job I like doing and it's extremely flexible, but I see me eventually moving into academia after further research in literature or else moving into the cultural scene, while doing literary translation on the side. In fact I plan to start working on my first literary translation intended for publication in the second half of 2018.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:21 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Yeah,it's the most interesting part of the law for me.Do you work in this sphere (something that requires law education) ?

Not exactly, although when I was younger I did consider going into law for about 2 years... then changed plans last minute and I never regretted it. My first degree is in English, linguistics and literature - both my passions - and a minor in Communications. At the moment I'm in the final stage (writing thesis) of my Master's degree in Translation Studies.

That's where my relation to law comes in. I currently work as a freelance translator and have had to translate a number of legal documents, mainly judgments of Maltese courts and sometimes parts of EU laws, so I do know some of the terminology but obviously always have to research a bit. It's not my main work though. You're more likely to find me translating web pages of EU-funded projects. Later today I am meeting a new agency to try and get some of the work they send out to freelancers as well. If I get anything from them it will probably be tech-related manuals and so on.

But as I said earlier my passion really is literature and linguistics. Translation kind of brings those two together nicely, but not in everyday work. It's a job I like doing and it's extremely flexible, but I see me eventually moving into academia after further research in literature or else moving into the cultural scene, while doing literary translation on the side. In fact I plan to start working on my first literary translation intended for publication in the second half of 2018.

Wow.I'm really impressed by your workrate.Overall,the whole thing sounds pretty interesting.I've always liked people who want to develop to another level,and you sound just like one of these people.I wish you good luck with everything you do and from the information which you give-i think the most important thing is to get your master degree,so in your first public literary translation to have the right designation in front in your name. ;)
And one day...who knows,we may have to work together. :wink:
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 pm

Thanks, and good luck to you too! :) I'd definitely like to learn an Eastern language at some point... probably Russian. Difficult though because of the different alphabet, although cyrillic is simpler than other alphabets.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:46 pm

Ten forgotton / bizarre wars
https://youtu.be/cOdaok9hIrQ

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:15 am

A protester braves the cold and strips naked to protest against the destruction of trees
https://youtu.be/4RbERId9TkA

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/946613288120541184
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:04 am

We are only 5 days into 2018 but I would like to nominate this Maltese news article for the Pulitzer Prize: http://www.one.com.mt/news/2018/01/05/b ... l-hin-ilu/

Translated, the full text of the article reads thus (let's ignore the video):

And he's done it again today. It appears that on site a short while ago, the same thing as yesterday happened. The car used appears to be the same one. At one point the car is seen reversing.

This video was sent to One News a few minutes ago.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So:
Who did it?
What did he do?
Where did this happen?
What happened yesterday?
The same car as what?
There's a video, I can see it reversing.

I genuinely think this is the least informative article I've read in my life. :lol: :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:29 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:We are only 5 days into 2018 but I would like to nominate this Maltese news article for the Pulitzer Prize: http://www.one.com.mt/news/2018/01/05/b ... l-hin-ilu/

Translated, the full text of the article reads thus (let's ignore the video):

And he's done it again today. It appears that on site a short while ago, the same thing as yesterday happened. The car used appears to be the same one. At one point the car is seen reversing.

This video was sent to One News a few minutes ago.

So:
Who did it?
What did he do?
Where did this happen?
What happened yesterday?
The same car as what?
There's a video, I can see it reversing.

I genuinely think this is the least informative article I've read in my life.
He stole from a car wash in Iklin

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:45 am

I figured that out from the video, although wasn't 100% sure. The text shouldn't depend on the video though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Take a look at this brave young and very courageous lady
https://twitter.com/RT_Doc/status/951440386890915840

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Was just interviewed by ZDF
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Was just interviewed by ZDF
Wow, what about?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:56 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Was just interviewed by ZDF
Wow, what about?

A Valletta 2018 activity. The thing is I had no idea they were coming and they arrived while I was still opening up the place so was a bit unprepared. The event is a collaboration with the other capital of culture for this year and involves the sharing of poetry. I had to read a sort of romantic one which involves lying with a naked woman and being "ħara"... Thankfully the English and Frisian/Dutch translations are only online so viewers won't understand much.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge