You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ottackon » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:50 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
[-X

It looks like an old medina in some old arab city, but apart from that, is this guy tired of living or what ?!
ottackon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Borusse wrote:Found the info in the footer:

Powered by phpBB [COPYRIGHT SIGN]2006-2016 http://www.BayernForum.com

Custom version of phpBB SEO

So yeah, I'm wondering how did you MUTU (probably you :D) got around to customizing phpBB. Did you just download it and did it by yourself or did you find some good tools/tutorials? Where do you recommend me to start if I would like to create my own forum? I downloaded phpBB some time ago already however it's a LOT of files, much more than I have dealt with so far, not sure from where to begin changing the forum to my needs. Any advice?

I know PHP so I coded the changes over the years with time and patience :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:22 pm

Thanks. My knowledge of PHP is still limited, I'm learning new things all the time. To be able to make those changes to the phpBB forum do I have to learn a specific framework? If so, which one do you recommend/on which you worked/still working on? I would really like to learn this so any advice how to do it would be very appreciated.

Thanks for the answers. :)
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:48 pm

ottackon wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
[-X

It looks like an old medina in some old arab city, but apart from that, is this guy tired of living or what ?!

It is Malta :P
Yes, that what the title is saying... that he is crazy or tired to be among the living. Many Maltese (if he is Maltese I don't know) are known to be like this man, they think that they are immortals and nothing wrong can happen to them.

This site is called '' Malta dizastru totali'' Malta totally disastrous.

The locality must be either the outskirts of Birkirkara (my town where I grew cause I am recognizing the Church of St.Theresa) or Balzan.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Borusse wrote:Thanks. My knowledge of PHP is still limited, I'm learning new things all the time. To be able to make those changes to the phpBB forum do I have to learn a specific framework? If so, which one do you recommend/on which you worked/still working on? I would really like to learn this so any advice how to do it would be very appreciated.

Thanks for the answers. :)

No frameworks required. Just plain old PHP.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:05 am

ramsej84 wrote:The locality must be either the outskirts of Birkirkara (my town where I grew cause I am recognizing the Church of St.Theresa) or Balzan.

I think we need a footnote here. Our country is so small that our towns literally touch each other and there is often no clear demarcation between them. That's a bit weird for people from bigger countries because it feels like you never left the town at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:03 am

I guess that in the past was not like that ... until the Speculators came into the picture :evil:
I know a funny story about the fact you mentioned.
A foreign player was signed by Valletta and while he was on his way to the club house and arrived in Floriana he was told that this place is the home of their main rivals. Seconds later he was in Valletta :lol: it was a big surprise for him, who would not?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:40 pm

Opposition leader Simon Busuttil has proposed the setting up of a modern train system for Malta and Gozo, saying that the way traffic congestion is increasing will soon make it difficult to go around.
Dr Busuttil made his comment when he addressed the Youth Parliament this morning.
Speaking from the government side of the Chamber he remarked early in his speech that everything had to be seen from a new perspective.
When he spoke about transport, he said Malta needed a new, modern train system which would connect various nodes in Malta and also travel through a tunnel to Gozo, thus reducing the need for cars and providing a fast alternative.
He criticised the government for having wasted time as the transport problem got worse, pointing out as an example how the former PN government proposed a tunnel between Malta and Gozo but the present administration proposed a bridge before going back to the tunnel idea after years were lost.
He said the Gozo tunnel project was a national project which should extend beyond linking Cirkewwa and Mgarr. It should be part of a new transport infrastructure where a train could carry passengers direct from Victoria to Valletta and the airport, among other destinations.
The setting up of a rail network would mark a return of the train to Malta. A train service was operated between 1883 and 1931, linking Valletta to Rabat but its life was cut short by the introduction of cars and buses, which a new train service would now replace.
Coincidentally the Parliament where Dr Busuttil spoke was built on the site of the Valletta train station. [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:11 pm

So he's proposing what I've thought should happen since I was about 8 years old?

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:29 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:So he's proposing what I've thought should happen since I was about 8 years old?

This.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:03 pm

The funny thing is that people usually tell me Malta's too small to have a train system (preferably underground). I think if we had to introduce a good system (just 2 lines are enough) the traffic and parking problems as well as public transport would be solved for good because people would no longer need cars. A train can cross the entire island (going round) in 15-20 minutes max.

In my opinion we should introduce a line that goes from Cirkewwa to Marsaxlokk/Marsaskala and another which goes round the coast. Then we should do away with the current buses (most of which stop at Valletta) and introduce express minivans in every town which go to surrounding towns which do not have a station. These should be either free on presentation of a train ticket (in which case other people can still use them against payment) or else there should be a card system which covers both trains and buses.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:11 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The funny thing is that people usually tell me Malta's too small to have a train system (preferably underground). I think if we had to introduce a good system (just 2 lines are enough) the traffic and parking problems as well as public transport would be solved for good because people would no longer need cars. A train can cross the entire island (going round) in 15-20 minutes max.

In my opinion we should introduce a line that goes from Cirkewwa to Marsaxlokk/Marsaskala and another which goes round the coast. Then we should do away with the current buses (most of which stop at Valletta) and introduce express minivans in every town which go to surrounding towns which do not have a station. These should be either free on presentation of a train ticket (in which case other people can still use them against payment) or else there should be a card system which covers both trains and buses.

Overground, underground... this issue was talked about by leading politicians for decades now. It all ends up in being unpractical. Building a London-style underground system would cost at least as much as 10 years of Malta's GDP alone. Building on the ground is hardly plausible. What are they going to do, force people out of their homes so they could demolish them and make way for a railroad?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:25 pm

Better than wasting millions year after year for a worsening transport system...

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:18 pm

I don't see people giving up their cars no matter what. As long as they can move 1cm, they'll keep using them. :D
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:03 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Better than wasting millions year after year for a worsening transport system...

Underground wouldn't cost millions. It would cost billions, several billions.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge