You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:31 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
A new study in the journal Epilepsy & Behavior delivered an intriguing revelation earlier this year. It seems that the very act of texting produces a new kind of brainwave never before documented.

The new brainwave is unique in that it shows the brain using multiple activity areas all at once -- including the emotion, attention, motor skills and auditory-verbal centers. Oddly, the new brainwave only shows up when people are texting on phones or other handheld mobile devices. [source]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" added a whole new level of depth to this post :shock:
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:19 am

KMoth wrote:Guten Tag, Ladies and Gentlemen of this forum!

I have some questions regarding one certain idea of mine, and I thought It would be best If I ask them here from you guys. Sorry if I am writing this in the wrong topic, I am a bit new to this place and never really seen around :)

For fourty years already my dad is a big fan of Bayern München FC and German football team. All that time I known him, he always was really obsessed by everything that relates to them; he remembers all the significant matches, different line-ups in teams during the different years, knows a lot of player names, especially Gerd Muller is a life-long idol to him. He has tons of different fan merchandise - I am not even sure that he himself knows how many Bayern apparels alone he has in his closet by now.

So, my question is if it's somehow possible to get some Bayern München signed souvenirs that are related to their ''Golden age'', preferrably year 1972? That time is the most significant and important to my dad as for a fan. I admit it may sound a bit like something impossible, but I still have a little hope that it's not :D

Thank you!

It will be hard but my first stop would be eBay.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:28 am

Zurrieq (Malta) - Feast of St. Catherine

impressive !!! =D>
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:22 am

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:That "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" added a whole new level of depth to this post

Unrelated but I recently read an interesting article about how "Sent from my iPhone" used to be a bragging tag but as smartphones have become more and more common we are now interpreting it more as a kind of apologetic note. It automatically says "Sorry I couldn't reply in length but I'm on my phone and I'm making an effort to answer you".
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:14 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:That "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" added a whole new level of depth to this post

Unrelated but I recently read an interesting article about how "Sent from my iPhone" used to be a bragging tag but as smartphones have become more and more common we are now interpreting it more as a kind of apologetic note. It automatically says "Sorry I couldn't reply in length but I'm on my phone and I'm making an effort to answer you".

Or you could just remove that annoying signature from your settings like I did ages ago :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:17 pm

MUTU wrote:Or you could just remove that annoying signature from your settings like I did ages ago

Haha I will look into that. Never looked at settings on tapatalk. Sometimes I switch it off when I'm not using the quick reply.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:18 pm

In other news, I had an entrance exam for my Masters this morning and much of it revolved around refugees and Orban. I kept thinking of a number of forumers. :lol: You guys have broken me. :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:In other news, I had an entrance exam for my Masters this morning and much of it revolved around refugees and Orban. I kept thinking of a number of forumers. :lol: You guys have broken me. :P

pls elaborate :)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:40 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:In other news, I had an entrance exam for my Masters this morning and much of it revolved around refugees and Orban. I kept thinking of a number of forumers. :lol: You guys have broken me. :P

pls elaborate :)

The task was to translate a Maltese text into English and vice versa. The English text dealt with the EU-Africa summit held last year about immigration while the Maltese one was a criticism of decisions taken on asylum seekers in Eastern Europe, such as the wall. Although I am not against immigration, to be honest both articles were quite propagandistic. I suppose that is to be expected from a department with contacts across Europe and of which most graduates work in the EU. ;)

There were also texts in French and Italian which I did not bother to read but I suppose they're probably on similar topics (and in German, Spanish, and Arabic, which I couldn't read even if I tried :lol: ).
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:51 pm

No wonders... :wink:

My million dollar question is this... what is Europe (read the elite) gaining from the refugees / illegal immigrants ?
It is OK to help etc but then when everything is settled everyone should go back...
But there is a lobby who wants to keep them all ...
Sorry about the OT :wink:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:10 pm

Hard to be off-topic in the General Chat thread. :lol:

To answer your question, one of the articles made an interesting point. I don't really agree with it, but it's a valid point nonetheless. It discussed the Maltese situation where we tend to be a bit unwelcoming to Africans and Arabs but have a growing economy built largely on European immigrants (iGaming especially). The author's point was that this works for Malta but cannot work for Europe as a whole simply because, by definition, if Europe is to follow the Maltese model of an economy given new life through immigrants, then those immigrants have to come from outside Europe and Africa is a possible provider. I suppose the same can be said for Middle Eastern immigrants.

Again, this is not my opinion and I don't fully agree with it because Europe is populated enough and also has enough economic diversity. But I think it's a valid position.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:27 pm

ramsej84 wrote:No wonders... :wink:

My million dollar question is this... what is Europe (read the elite) gaining from the refugees / illegal immigrants ?
It is OK to help etc but then when everything is settled everyone should go back...
But there is a lobby who wants to keep them all ...
Sorry about the OT :wink:

Main argument from the left in The Netherlands is that many refugees (mainly from Syria) will have had some form of higher education, and should be qualified for good jobs. With the incoming wave of Post WWII babyboomers getting their pension, we have the risk of having a shortage of people on the job market.

Only problem seems to be: a lot of people with a higher education have degrees that are worthless over here (you need to convert them, or do an extra course here to actually be qualified enough to work in certain sectors)
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby JANKER » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:29 am

Here's a truckload of Nopes.

"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

Years of membershipYears of membership