You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby pyrasur » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:58 pm

He's held up as a civil rights icon, but he had a truly despicable heart. His treatment of Joe Frazier was disgusting. I respect some of what Ali did, but tbh he is only held up as a hero because part of what he did happened to fit in with the narrative others wanted to promote.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:02 pm

pyrasur wrote:He's held up as a civil rights icon, but he had a truly despicable heart. His treatment of Joe Frazier was disgusting. I respect some of what Ali did, but tbh he is only held up as a hero because part of what he did happened to fit in with the narrative others wanted to promote.

I think he is right... I've seen it with my eyes... experienced it at work etc...
A couple of months ago I was speaking to a Danish client who lives here and told me how much she likes to meet other Danish Nationals and they organize social events...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:11 pm

[source=]http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2016-08-31/world-news/Earthquake-Italian-embassy-thanks-Maltese-people-for-solidarity-6736163145[/source]
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:15 pm

The Embassy of Italy in Malta today expressed sincere gratitude to the Government of Malta, to the Curia, as well as to the many representatives of civil society and the business world for the solidarity shown to the victims of the earthquake that hit central Italy last week.

The many spontaneous initiatives in favour of the suffering population confirm the deep friendship existing between Malta and Italy and represent concrete and effective gestures of affinity which are very much appreciated in these difficult circumstances, the embassy said. [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:48 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I think he is right... I've seen it with my eyes... experienced it at work etc...
A couple of months ago I was speaking to a Danish client who lives here and told me how much she likes to meet other Danish Nationals and they organize social events...

Then why are you taking German classes... a fan of a German club... etc...
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:18 pm

pyrasur wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I think he is right... I've seen it with my eyes... experienced it at work etc...

Then why are you taking German classes... a fan of a German club... etc...

don't mix things up...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:27 pm

Good use of the double entendre....................

[pause]

... #moreellipses
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Friday, September 2, 2016, 17:08 by PA
I'm not a special case, say man 'cured by Mother Teresa miracle'

The Brazilian man whose "miraculous" cure from a brain infection paved the way for Mother Teresa's canonisation this weekend said he is grateful for his life but does not feel particularly chosen by God.
Marcilio Haddad Andrino told a Vatican press conference he is just one example of God's ample mercy and love.
"The merciful Lord looks at us all without distinction," Mr Andrino said. "Maybe it was me this time but maybe tomorrow it will be someone else. The merciful mother looks after everyone. I don't feel special."
Pope Francis decreed in December that Mr Andrino's cure was a miracle after Vatican doctors and theologians determined that it was medically inexplicable, instantaneous, lasting and due to the intercession of Mother Teresa, who died in 1997.
It was the final step needed to canonise the nun who cared for the poorest of the poor.
Vatican spokesman Greg Burke said all 100,000 tickets have been distributed for Sunday's Mass but the crowd will probably be far greater, spilling into the main streets around St Peter's Square. So far, 15 official delegations have confirmed their presence, 13 led by heads of state or government, and 600 journalists have been accredited.
Mr Andrino's wife, Fermanda Nascimento Rocha, recalled that she and her family began fervently praying for Mother Teresa's intercession after receiving a relic of the nun on September 5 2008, after Mr Andrino began suffering from the effects of a viral brain infection.
By December that year, despite powerful antibiotics, the brain abscesses and fluid had built up so much that he was suffering debilitating headaches. According to the official story, doctors decided the only chance was to operate, but on the day surgery was scheduled, they couldn't intubate him.
"When the doctor left the OR saying he couldn't do the operation - and that the medicine wasn't working any more - I prayed a lot," Ms Nascimento Rocha said. "I asked Mother to cure Marcilio if this is God's will, and if not, to take him by the hand and bring him to the house of the Father to feel his caress."
She said she went to her mother's home and prayed "with all the strength I had".
When the surgeon returned to Mr Andrino's room, he was awake, pain-free and asymptomatic, according to the priest spearheading Mother Teresa's sainthood cause, the Rev Brian Kolodiejchuk.
Within six months, Mr Andrino had returned to work. Soon after, the couple conceived the first of their two children, though Mr Andrino had been told that the powerful drugs he had taken had made him infertile.
He calls his two children "the extension of that miracle", adding: "We are very grateful to Mother Teresa for our family." [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:56 pm

Hitler's 3-mile-long abandoned Nazi resort is transforming into a luxury getaway [source]

Rügen [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:00 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:24 am

French uproar creates opportunity for Israeli burkini makers [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANKER » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:08 pm

World’s highest & longest glass bridge closes indefinitely 2 weeks after grand opening [source]
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby KMoth » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:27 pm

Guten Tag, Ladies and Gentlemen of this forum!

I have some questions regarding one certain idea of mine, and I thought It would be best If I ask them here from you guys. Sorry if I am writing this in the wrong topic, I am a bit new to this place and never really seen around :)

For fourty years already my dad is a big fan of Bayern München FC and German football team. All that time I known him, he always was really obsessed by everything that relates to them; he remembers all the significant matches, different line-ups in teams during the different years, knows a lot of player names, especially Gerd Muller is a life-long idol to him. He has tons of different fan merchandise - I am not even sure that he himself knows how many Bayern apparels alone he has in his closet by now.

So, my question is if it's somehow possible to get some Bayern München signed souvenirs that are related to their ''Golden age'', preferrably year 1972? That time is the most significant and important to my dad as for a fan. I admit it may sound a bit like something impossible, but I still have a little hope that it's not :D

Thank you!
KMoth
First post

National Flag:
Russia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Hmm it might be very hard to find something from the seventies. Something from post-2000 sounds much more likely. I know someone posted a photo of a signed ball from the late 90s a few weeks ago but I don't remember whether they wanted to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:05 am

A new study in the journal Epilepsy & Behavior delivered an intriguing revelation earlier this year. It seems that the very act of texting produces a new kind of brainwave never before documented.

The new brainwave is unique in that it shows the brain using multiple activity areas all at once -- including the emotion, attention, motor skills and auditory-verbal centers. Oddly, the new brainwave only shows up when people are texting on phones or other handheld mobile devices. [source]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge