You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:07 am

Disgraceful
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANKER » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:25 pm

That VS this:

"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANKER » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:46 pm

HOROR ZMIJSKO LEGLO U KUĆI: 300 zmija u dečjim krevetima! [source]

A family found out that they were sharing their house with 300 snakes...

"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:38 pm

Game of Thrones actress back for Mqabba feast [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:58 am

ramsej84 wrote:

Hahahaha so I'm from Mqabba and last year when she came I was there watching the show. Just before she came on, someone else was singing Zombie by the Cranberries. Anyway, the GoT girl comes up and this young girl leans over to her younger brother and tells him "she died last week" (referring to GoT). The boy looked really shocked. Stuttering in panic he replies: "What? Don't tell me she's a zombie!"
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:32 am

Just found out I got an A for my German 2 exam wooo

Your turn, ramsej84 :P ;)
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:25 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Hahahaha so I'm from Mqabba and last year when she came I was there watching the show. Just before she came on, someone else was singing Zombie by the Cranberries. Anyway, the GoT girl comes up and this young girl leans over to her younger brother and tells him "she died last week" (referring to GoT). The boy looked really shocked. Stuttering in panic he replies: "What? Don't tell me she's a zombie!"

Haha does anyone NOT die in that show (and come back to life)? I've never watched even though I'm certain I'd like it, mostly because I want to read the series first (though I've been told they're not very closely related).

I really enjoyed Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) on Doctor Who last year. That made me want to watch it more. :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:27 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Just found out I got an A for my German 2 exam wooo

Your turn, ramsej84 :P ;)

=D>

German 2 means level 2 ?
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:27 am

ramsej84 wrote:

Your turn, ramsej84 ;)

=D>

German 2 means level 2 ?

Yep! Having seen your posts about your course we seem to be doing the same thing.
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:13 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Your turn, ramsej84 ;)

=D>

German 2 means level 2 ?

Yep! Having seen your posts about your course we seem to be doing the same thing.

Do you attend a class or do you study online?
I attended a 3 hour lesson once a week from Oct to May. (It is not enough tbh) I practiced by listening to German TV and reading the bayern match day magazine.

Our lessons were so langweilig grammar grammar grammar :evil: You have to practice and make conversations otherwise it is all for nothing.

I started level 1 in 2013-14 and got an 81... But unfortunately could not continue with level 2 the following year so I had to continue this autumn.
Unfortunately this time as I said the lessons were so boring and I lost some motivation.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:27 am

ramsej84 wrote:Do you attend a class or do you study online?
I attended a 3 hour lesson once a week from Oct to May. (It is not enough tbh) I practiced by listening to German TV and reading the bayern match day magazine.

Our lessons were so langweilig grammar grammar grammar :evil: You have to practice and make conversations otherwise it is all for nothing.

I started level 1 in 2013-14 and got an 81... But unfortunately could not continue with level 2 the following year so I had to continue this autumn.
Unfortunately this time as I said the lessons were so boring and I lost some motivation.

I'm quite similar, in fact I only have 2-hour lessons once a week from October to April. It was offered for university credit so I chose to do it instead of a technical module (I study chemical engineering) because I know I'd be quite passionate about it from Bayern alone.

We were tested by numerous written tests and one oral test in the end. I think I nailed the oral test because I wouldn't stop talking about Bayern and German football so they were probably impressed that I could use words like Verteidiger or Herausforderung :P

Lessons did get boring sometimes but I really do like learning German so I relatively enjoyed them. I had my Level 1 last year.
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:39 am

ramsej84 wrote:Our lessons were so langweilig grammar grammar grammar You have to practice and make conversations otherwise it is all for nothing.

That's no good. :( As a teacher of a foreign language myself, I believe the main focus should be on vocabulary and communication (both speaking and writing), as well as reading. Grammar is important and I've been told I'm excellent at teaching it, but it shouldn't take too much time and should be planned carefully through activities rather than boring presentation of rules and reading textbooks. That's standard foreign language methodology...

Where do you go to learn it? I tend to prefer independent study (online/books) but German grammar is a bit too tough to do without guidance, I think.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:43 am

This is a course called Life Long Learning where one can take any course at only 35euros.
But the thing is that they push for the exam ... and I don't like it... If I chose to continue next year; in May 2017 I will be sitting for the O level (GCSE)
But I wanted to learn it for leisure and to understand better football news and some light general knowledge....
And also I regret the fact that I could have chose it at school when I was 11 and I instead I opted for French... (since my sister knew it and could help me)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Our lessons were so langweilig grammar grammar grammar You have to practice and make conversations otherwise it is all for nothing.

That's no good. :( As a teacher of a foreign language myself, I believe the main focus should be on vocabulary and communication (both speaking and writing), as well as reading. Grammar is important and I've been told I'm excellent at teaching it, but it shouldn't take too much time and should be planned carefully through activities rather than boring presentation of rules and reading textbooks. That's standard foreign language methodology...

Where do you go to learn it? I tend to prefer independent study (online/books) but German grammar is a bit too tough to do without guidance, I think.

What's the point of writing and reading(even understanding) if you can't speak a language? I barely speak Spanish, but I have no problem with writing and I'm even reading fluently and very fast. I'm able to understand more and more as the time goes forward. The whole thing with grammar... It is not an issue, you just need to learn it and that's it. I even got 2 F's in elementary school in grammar part because I didn't take a 15 minutes to read past and perfect tenses and next time I got A+. :lol:

The reason why I've never entirely learned English is because of the reading/translating methodology and the grammar study. We never had any essays or sort of public discussion at school classes, maybe a little during the elementary school but during the whole 4 year high school education, nope.
A+ grade for reading/translating and pumping grammar in your brain is also highly commendable, but if you can't make a great and tasty soup of all of that(conversation)... Just as Ramsej said(but I'll paraphrase him): it's almost all for nothing.

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:18 pm

Exactly... like I said, communication should take up the majority of lesson time. Reading is important because it is an excellent source of new words and also grammar. Writing is probably the least important for most people, and in fact is the one I give least importance to.

I have the same problem with French, which I studied for 7 years. I read, write, and understand fluent French easily but I can only have very basic conversations. I struggle to produce it because I didn't get enough opportunities to do so. I always got top grades but the oral component always pulled me down.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge