You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby pyrasur » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The thing is that still music shops aren't closing down, cinemas aren't closing down, TVs are still being sold, games are still being sold...

Things like song albums, for example, still have niche to sell to: real fans and music lovers. I personally will always watch the major movies I love (Star Wars up next) at the cinema, but I'll watch lesser movies at home. Some who are like me will still buy box sets and blurays of their favourite movies. Torrenting makes all of these available to everyone, hence the democratisation of culture. What used to be the real thing have turned more into collector's items, and I don't think that's a necessarily bad thing.

And this accessibility reflects the rest of society, I think. As we move into a more digitally mobile world, apps are becoming more and more the way we interact with the digital world. How many apps do you see that are more expensive than $5? And compare that to how much old computer programmes cost (although admittedly, many of these can do more than most apps, so perhaps comparing games is fairer). We're looking at a future of accessibility (or should be), and in that world spending dozens of euros just to watch a movie with your family has no place. In Malta, for example, if a family of 5 wants to watch a 3D movie it'd cost them 40 euros, and I believe our cinema prices aren't that high in comparison to other countries. That doesn't include the insane prices for snacks and drinks. No wonder people prefer downloading when they can do the same thing in the comfort of their own home for free, or else simply buy the bluray for cheaper than that and watch it as many times as they want.

No I totally understand. They still make money, but I'm saying let's be honest it's still theft. I just don't like the beating around the bush or finding justifications. Maybe it stops millionaires from being multimillionaires or maybe it comes down on the peons in the production side who aren't making much to begin with. Cinemas are closing down but it's the nature of advancing into the twenty-first century. It's like holding back from robots because we need to be "socially responsible" and give a guy a job collecting tolls when it's a total waste.

They need to be smarter to stop people from stealing from them and to make money thru advertising or some other way. Hollywood types are a bunch of liberal snobs who despite being rich look down on everyone else who makes legitimate money anyway, so it doesn't bother me. :coffee: Anyway I don't have a job that can be affected that way. Just hoping my siblings don't ever waste their time putting their heads in the clouds and get one of those "artsy" jobs.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Re the robot thing, I'm entirely against that though.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Why? Almost every innovation we have created has taken a low skill person out of the equation. It's not like humanity is entirely out of the equation since instead of 10 low skill people you have one high skill person monitoring the system. Honestly better for the environment. You don't feel bad for the guy at the record store when you download a song do you?

Evolution is one of the foundations of nature. No pain no gain or something like that.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANKER » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Monopolizing sucks... And some things no matter how good a machine can do, it's better to go through men's hand. Example food, or do you prefer that packaged stuff?
There in the US, you have something like a complete monopoly on meat products... 10000 bulls' meat with different provenience mixed into one in a huge grinding machine. Not that elsewhere things stand better, but that was just an example. If done outside of industry in a clean natural environment it will be deemed as unsanitary, nevertheless if the meat is tested and its provenience is from the most natural of environments possible. :P
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:15 pm

The robotisation of the workforce would be very different from any other innovation we've had so far, I think. In the sci-fi way I imagine it, it could easily eliminate almost every kind of job on Earth. That might not be a bad thing in itself - although I agree with JANKER that for some things a human will always be better - but the consequences could be huge. What happens to those jobs where robots cannot do it? They're likely to be very difficult and important jobs, but if these people are the only ones who need to work, you automatically destroy their desirability by creating a class conflict.

There are a whole bunch of other issues. I would say that a robot workforce works in a moneyless society, as it would allow people to roam about and enjoy life. But the reality in our society would be a bunch of unemployed, poor people with nothing to do. With monetary constraints, how would you spend your life? There are reasons other than income that unemployed people are unhappy.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:03 am

A Syrian national who landed at the Sicilian port of Pozzallo on December 4 has been detained by police in Ragusa because he is suspected of being a terrorists linked to ISIS, Ansa news agency said this afternoon.
Police found Isis related images on his mobile phone and a message saying God is great, but Isis is greater. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANKER » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:26 am

You can download the G-Box software/application in your computer for free and use it, it's called Kodi, click for download page.
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:17 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The robotisation of the workforce would be very different from any other innovation we've had so far, I think. In the sci-fi way I imagine it, it could easily eliminate almost every kind of job on Earth. That might not be a bad thing in itself - although I agree with JANKER that for some things a human will always be better - but the consequences could be huge. What happens to those jobs where robots cannot do it? They're likely to be very difficult and important jobs, but if these people are the only ones who need to work, you automatically destroy their desirability by creating a class conflict.

There are a whole bunch of other issues. I would say that a robot workforce works in a moneyless society, as it would allow people to roam about and enjoy life. But the reality in our society would be a bunch of unemployed, poor people with nothing to do. With monetary constraints, how would you spend your life? There are reasons other than income that unemployed people are unhappy.

It's just an unfortunate truth that we have a scarcity of resources. The resulting competition is an inevitable byproduct. Low skill labor is always going to be replaced by someone who wants to and can do it better. And we've been doing this shit for a while too, it's not like mechanization is any new thing or anything to be feared. Slaveowners tried to scare society that unless they had continued to have low skill labor, society would go to hell. That couldn't have been further from the truth and thank God for that. The Shire of the Lord of the Rings, where people frolicked around without a care, never ever existed in real life. If we hadn't gone through industrialization, we'd still be under the thumbs of inbred aristocrats. Technology just democratizes power and hands it from the complacent to the competitive.

It's not like I'm immune from this either or that I have some special exemption. I have a job I am absolutely certain will be replaced by a machine in the next thirty years, and I'm not even thirty yet. I've got a pretty high skill job, but we have gotten to the point that the thing limiting my job is me and my physical limitations. Whether we embrace it or not makes no difference in the big picture. You just get replaced by someone who has.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:33 am

amazing !!!
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Putin signs law allowing Russia to overturn rulings of international rights courts [source]
#-o
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Putin signs law allowing Russia to overturn rulings of international rights courts [source]
#-o

Others have signed contracts in order to makes us eat their shit full of steroids and venom in order to please the BIG corporations . . .

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:36 am

Celebrations in Tripoli after rival parliament presidents meet in Malta [source]

Malta serves as a bridge between the two rivals Govts in libya. May God help them reach an agreement the soonest so our peace will reign again to our neighbours.
We already serves as one in 1989 when J.Bush and Gorbachev signed the end of the cold war here in Malta
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Malta = MOST

Spoiler: show

:wink:

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby BayernLove » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:46 pm

Anyone had sleep paralysis before? Shit's terrifying. I knew I was asleep and was even laying down in my dream, yet I could not move and felt numb all over except for my extremities which I could feel a very quick pulse in. Laying off the sugar before bed, I think.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:27 pm

BayernLove wrote:Anyone had sleep paralysis before? Shit's terrifying. I knew I was asleep and was even laying down in my dream, yet I could not move and felt numb all over except for my extremities which I could feel a very quick pulse in. Laying off the sugar before bed, I think.

Importan

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

In Malta we say that it was the heddiela... The male Ghost's wife...
It is part of our folklore8-)
She attacks men in their sleep...
Was the feeling like this? As if yo have a death weight over you? Or somebody holding you in a way that you struggle for breath?
In the old days our old used to keep a knife under the pillow in order to keep the heddiela away.
Last edited by ramsej84 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge