You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:04 am

what a sick world...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:13 am

Second pilot from downed Russian warplane 'safe and sound' [source]
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:59 pm

finally Wintery weather has come...
it is 12degrees here...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:36 am

I'd like to trade your recent warm temperatures for my morning 0°C and daily 3-10°C :)

Winter has come to Croatia in the last 10 days.

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:31 pm

ramsej84 wrote:finally Wintery weather has come...
it is 12degrees here...

It's the Queen I tell you. She has a cloud following her. :mrgreen:
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:35 pm

in fact as from next Mon - nice weather with 20 degrees is foretasted :)
Although tbh I want cold and rainy days...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:37 pm

ramsej84 wrote:in fact as from next Mon - nice weather with 20 degrees is foretasted :)
Although tbh I want cold and rainy days...

Same here... loved taking coffee in the rain in Sliema yesterday.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:38 pm

ooops have a look here:shock:
http://m.independent.ie/world-news/euro ... 39397.html

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:37 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... State.html

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:03 pm

Can I just take a moment to say it's remarkable how active this thread has become. I remember a time when we didn't post here at all and used to use it just to wish other users a happy birthday. Nowadays it's one of the most active threads in the forum, and although to a lesser extent other off-topic threads (Other Sports, Movies, American members, Visit Malta, photography) are also relatively active. I think it's great that although football will always be the point of this forum and it's what brought us together, we have developed as a community into one that is willing to have interesting discussions on anything. There have been times over the past few weeks when I've been too busy to keep up to date with football news but I still checked this thread. It's made the forum a much more enjoyable place for me. :)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:55 pm

shocking but at least very positive... reading this one should be able to reflect on the chance each and everyone of us was given...
In 1977, a 17-year-old single mother entered an abortion clinic in California while seven-and-a-half months pregnant and had an abortion by a saline injection.
The baby spent 18 hours burning in the solution and the teenager was due to deliver a dead baby within 24 hours. But when a one-kilogramme Gianna Jessen emerged, she was alive.
The abortionist had to sign her birth certificate. Ms Jassen was born with cerebral palsy, caused by her brain being starved of oxygen during the attempted termination, but insists she is not a victim and is incredibly grateful to be alive.
Ms Jassen will be in Malta this week and will be campaigning with the Malta Stand Up for Life Movement to keep the protection of life in focus.
“People expect me to be angry but I’m actually a very cheerful person,” she says.
“I’m also unashamedly Christian. I know it doesn’t seem very popular to speak about Jesus but I’m not good with being told what and what not to do,” she adds, bursting into one of her infectious laughs.
She explains that she was adopted and has only met her biological mother once in 2006.
“I’ve forgiven her. Once, she came to one of my events but it turned out to be very dramatic. She told me she didn’t want my forgiveness. I ended up having to walk out of the room.”
The majority of abortions are not carried out because of rape or incest but out of convenience, she continues. In most cases, a woman has a choice whether or not to hop into bed. Life came as a result of that decision. “If abortion is about women’s rights, then what were my rights when I was in the womb?” she questions.
She refutes the argument that an embryo is just tissue, adding that a heartbeat could be heard within three weeks.
If abortion is about women’s rights, then what were my rights when I was in the womb?
“It’s funny – when we hear a heartbeat in every other aspect of life, we rejoice because it means life. But somehow a heartbeat inside the womb doesn’t seem to mean the same thing.”
She believes that the beauty of diversity is often being forgotten and that disability does not mean that a person was any less valuable.
What does she think of the debate currently raging in Malta on possible amendments to the Embryo Protection Act to allow embryo freezing during IVF procedures?
Embryos mean that life is present and life should be protected at all costs, she replies.
“Sometimes there seems to be more outrage over sea life and wildlife than over human life,” she muses.
“I understand how heart-breaking infertility can be. And although the intention [of IVF] is good – to bring about life – ultimately, with such a procedure, life would end up being discarded.”
To women considering whether to have an abortion, she says the procedure would only be an additional traumatic experience.
Nowadays, there is much support and counselling available to help women during the extremely difficult time.
There were also options such as adoption, offering the gift of a child to someone unable to have children.
“We are not defined by our traumas. I don’t want to live as a victim, but as a victor.”
Ms Jessen will participate in the Rally4Life, which will be held on December 6 at 2pm at Castille Place.
The rally is being organised by Life Network, Gift of Life and Magnificat Malta. [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:50 am

Death penalty is getting lawyered to oblivion here. Good thing we can still do things to the unborn what we apparently can't do to criminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby German-American » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:44 pm

Do any of you hate it when teams like city(yes I'm backing city for this) get fined for booing during the Champions League anthem? I feel like fans can't say what they want, and if they do they get punished. Similar to Mourinho getting fined for complaining about refs

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:51 pm

How about racist chants? As far as I care it's UEFA's competition. Of course City can find a way to pressure UEFA not to censure then but at the end of the day City want to compete in UEFAs competition they have to play by their rules. Free speech laws only applies to the government. If you walk into someone else's house doesn't mean you can say whatever you want.

When you are employed someday you'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB general » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:13 pm

German-American wrote:Do any of you hate it when teams like city(yes I'm backing city for this) get fined for booing during the Champions League anthem? I feel like fans can't say what they want, and if they do they get punished.

True that. I would do it every game, whistle and boo during the CL anthem. Who the hell are they[Uefa] to forbid fans to express what they want? Obviously they are very upset with that action and with some other actions.

I still can't forget what they did in autumn 2013 to NK Rijeka, when they fined the club due to fans' flags which had Keltic cross. At the same time the same souvenir was available to purchase and that was no more and no less than on Uefa web-shop.

They are mafia and nothing more. Maybe they aren't like Camorra or Cosa Nostra, but mafia... Certainly they are.

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge