You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:45 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
prasun77 wrote:nope..i'm in this generation too..

hmm OK. I think you are one of a kind cause I really have some heated arguments about such matters with those born after 1990!

I was born in 1987... ;)
nm462272 wrote:
Fernando_Bayern_BR wrote:Traitor ?! LoL. You say like I chose to be born in Brazil.

Just because you are born somewhere, doesn't mean you're obliged to unconditionally love and support your country.

If not for my friends and family I wouldn't give a rats ass about this shitty corrupt punk ass country ...

Patriotism is the stupidest thing ever...


Same here... I am born in the US and I feel fortunate to have been born here... however, I refuse to blindly support the US (as the vast majority here do). The majority of people here never doubt or question that the US is "#1" in everything, which we know is not the case. People refuse to admit to anything wrong with the country. I cannot support a US national team, because the sickening amount of patriotism and jingoism around it I find disgusting.

So - happy to have been born here, but I am allowed to protest the culture by not supporting nationalism

Exactly...
Ich geb mein Herz für dich... Für Bayern lebe ich... Ich lass dich nie im Stich !
User avatar
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:32 pm
Location: Belo Horizonte - Brazil
National Flag:
Brazil
Has thanked: 696 times
Been thanked: 240 times
Gender: Male

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby nm462272 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:49 pm

JANKER wrote:The most awkward moment when Klinsmann sings the American national anthem... :lol:


:mrgreen: The guy is so Americanized, it's great :lol: he loves that California life 8)

JANKER wrote:If Klinsmann can do that who's the least expected to do so, why can't players that play for Germany do so... it's not like their mouth will hurt or something, it's not like they've been forced to play for Germany.


Whether we agree with it or not, many Germans are very sensitive about nationalism (world war 2, and all that). My wife also does not sing her national anthem... maybe #12 can lend some insight?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta, GA
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1813 times
Been thanked: 734 times
Gender: Male

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby pyrasur » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:52 pm

Most Germans don't care for that kind of thing. Actions > words. It's like prayer, suspect those who try to show their patriotism instead of proving it.

Someone who sings their anthem 1000x has still done nothing for their country. Immigrants who choose to naturalize imho value their new citizenship more than the native born people who had it for free.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1694 times
Been thanked: 1431 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby JANKER » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Well, that's it... I doubt that you'll find a more liberal place than Germany and liberalism can also mean abuse...
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
User avatar
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 7155 times
Been thanked: 6271 times
Gender: Male

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby pyrasur » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Well so far Germany's managed to avoid another genocide. As long as that continues I'd say liberalism > psycho nationalism.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1694 times
Been thanked: 1431 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby nm462272 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:57 pm

pyrasur wrote:Well so far Germany's managed to avoid another genocide. As long as that continues I'd say liberalism > psycho nationalism.


=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta, GA
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1813 times
Been thanked: 734 times
Gender: Male

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby ottackon » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:52 pm

Fernando_Bayern_BR wrote:
prasun77 wrote:For me its a shame..for the country I have been born and brought up in..The same country which has been my identity..
I would rather die than cheering for another country..
I too support DFB but if India play DFB ..i know who will win..but I wouldn't give a damn for DFB in that match..
Even when bayern played India i supported India and will continue doing so till my last breath..
If your country needs you and you turn them down for your employers or whoever it be..for me you are a traitor of the highest order!
Representing or being of help to your country in any way possible is the highest honour a man can get(For me!).


Traitor ?! LoL. You say like I chose to be born in Brazil.

Just because you are born somewhere, doesn't mean you're obliged to unconditionally love and support your country.

If not for my friends and family I wouldn't give a rats ass about this shitty corrupt punk ass country ...

Patriotism is the stupidest thing ever...

I strongly disagree with that.
Image
User avatar
ottackon
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4822
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Casablanca
National Flag:
Morocco
Has thanked: 1499 times
Been thanked: 2360 times
Gender: Male

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:58 pm

ottackon wrote:
Fernando_Bayern_BR wrote:
prasun77 wrote:For me its a shame..for the country I have been born and brought up in..The same country which has been my identity..
I would rather die than cheering for another country..
I too support DFB but if India play DFB ..i know who will win..but I wouldn't give a damn for DFB in that match..
Even when bayern played India i supported India and will continue doing so till my last breath..
If your country needs you and you turn them down for your employers or whoever it be..for me you are a traitor of the highest order!
Representing or being of help to your country in any way possible is the highest honour a man can get(For me!).


Traitor ?! LoL. You say like I chose to be born in Brazil.

Just because you are born somewhere, doesn't mean you're obliged to unconditionally love and support your country.

If not for my friends and family I wouldn't give a rats ass about this shitty corrupt punk ass country ...

Patriotism is the stupidest thing ever...

I strongly disagree with that.

Kein problem... ;)
Ich geb mein Herz für dich... Für Bayern lebe ich... Ich lass dich nie im Stich !
User avatar
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:32 pm
Location: Belo Horizonte - Brazil
National Flag:
Brazil
Has thanked: 696 times
Been thanked: 240 times
Gender: Male

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby #12 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:23 pm

I was born in 84... ;)

nm462272 wrote: :mrgreen: The guy is so Americanized, it's great :lol: he loves that California life 8)


Can'T really blame him though :P

nm462272 wrote:Whether we agree with it or not, many Germans are very sensitive about nationalism (world war 2, and all that). My wife also does not sing her national anthem... maybe #12 can lend some insight?


They are... The problem is that some people don't get that we don't remember WWII and the Nazi crimes for Germans to feel bad or to be ashamed or to degrade Germans or blame them - but to make sure that excessive, exaggerated nationalism and racism never happens again... Since I live in a very rural area, it's not always easy to convince students of that... They always say: "Germans are blamed, everybody hates us, they want us to feel bad and they make us feel bad" - and in 98% of times it turns out they barely left Germany and can't even remember... I've been around quite a bit and not once did I encounter any biased conduct because of my origin (apart from the usual stereotypes - punctuality, strictness, firm voice, obedience - of course, but that'S mostly funny)... Problem with kids is that they're receptive to what elders tell them, especialy parents... That's why it's so hard to get that shit out of people's heads... By the time they get to school to discuss politics and stuff, their mind is already made up...
Well, I always tell them not to feel bad and that they'Re not at fault anyway - just that they have to prevent something like that from ever happening again and that they can actually be "proud" (meaning not ashamed and acknowledging pour country'S achievements in the world...) of their origin - just not feel superior or anything like that because they were fortunate to be born within German borders coincidentally...
As for the NT and anthem... I am a die hard supporter of "Die Mannschaft"... I fell into a little hole around 2000 when Bayern were extremely successful and our style of play and players and coaches just sucked ass... But it grew again on me when work in the youth sector got better and the team was actually fighting again... And I like our anthem because I think it's a beautiful meaningful song, especially with all the history we have, being divided and whatnot... I still have tears in my eyes watching every WC winning-goal, especially 54 (which from a historians perspective is even more meaningful...)... I like my country... But that whole "traitor"-shit is beyond me... As is war - I would be out of here by the second... :P
I also like the American anthem even tjough it's a war song (politics is actually the one field where I dislike America sometimes - but originally with what the founding fathers intended it actually was the greatest country in the world...)
So yeah, I sing along to the anthem but it's more a tradition than nationalism or anything... Mostly for soccer games only... :P
And I don't have a problem with patriotism... I consider myself somewhat patriotic... Because I'm proud of the fact that we can show a friendly face, a warm, smiling one and even though it's difficult, we'll work it out... We have people working their asses of for no money at all... And that is quite an achievement and really something to be proud of... It'S nationalism in an exaggerated form that's evil... Thinking that you'Re better because you're different... BEcause others are different... That's the shit we don't need...
And I know that none of this is closely related to Boateng, and I'm sorry Mutu and mods... And I'll stop now... ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 5023
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 1491 times
Gender: Male

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby JANKER » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:38 pm

Sometimes you have to do stuff to prove to others that you're not as they percept you because of the past... Germany did it many times, even when talking about football with Gerald Asamoah and his 3 minute sub ins.
They shouldn't be doing stuff just to prove others wrong. Germany has to look through with one eye closed because of the past... :P
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
User avatar
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 7155 times
Been thanked: 6271 times
Gender: Male

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby nm462272 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:53 pm

I agree #12... Germany has a LOT to be proud of, especially seeing the country today compared to what it was 70 years ago. Germany is indeed my favorite country in the world, and here's why: culturally, the country is always moving forward, always trying to improve and progress, and doesn't look towards past successes to feel entitled. That's a deadly trap... as they say, the second you feel comfortable is when you start losing ground.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta, GA
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1813 times
Been thanked: 734 times
Gender: Male

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:59 am

sorry #12 is this the way how you are thought? Wow.
Therefore I am not surprised for what is happening in your country. I am sad for you really.
If ever one of our Politicians does that he will be dead man/woman walking.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18706
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 15425 times
Been thanked: 4473 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:14 pm


Scary mother nature... in Sydney
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18706
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 15425 times
Been thanked: 4473 times
Gender: Male

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby #12 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:32 pm

Sorry, ramsej, but are you aware of how propaganda works? This is a NINE SECOND video of a night-long party... ;)
I can tell you when that was, it was after the last election, which was in 2013 (where she barely missed outright majority btw...)... Apart from the fact - and I think I don't need to tell you that ;) - that she's not the emotional type, I can understand that very much... Produces pictures that are sent out to the world you don't really need, it'S a common ritual of right-wing parties and supporters to wave the flag excessively... And lastly - so what? I'm absolutely 100% positive that woman loves this country and is doing her best to make this a great place to live...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 5023
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 1491 times
Gender: Male

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:18 pm

good luck to you but I am sure that she won't win the next elections... The Bavarian allies are all against her... no?
Isn't she Christian Demo? that is on right as well no?
Buy the way I used to admire her a lot and when I say a lot it means quite a lot but what she tried to do this year is pure BS.
First she said the doors are open to all then when she saw problems from both within and abroad she changed music.
Now that the problem is at her backyard she is yelling and pleading for unity. When my country with Lampedusa and Italy were being invaded by boat ppl she and her allies did nothing. Only laughed at us and told us you can cope with it... and what about the former minister of migration> Mallstorm and that mafia barroso - went to cry crocodile tears when there was that tragedy.
Sorry this is OT big time but since we started it ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18706
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 15425 times
Been thanked: 4473 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests