You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:08 pm

The problem is that the population will continue to increase. People living longer, more births than deaths per day (I think), expats relocating here and more foreigners coming to work. Maybe the only solution is to get out.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:18 pm

MaCk0y wrote:The problem is that the population will continue to increase. People living longer, more births than deaths per day (I think), expats relocating here and more foreigners coming to work. Maybe the only solution is to get out.

never... (to get out) we all know what the real problem is... the obvious one... however apart from that ... :
I think you know about those tens of thousands of fake residential permits which were issued no?
And what about the foreign companies (betting) who employ mainly foreigners?
and the sicilians , italians and spanish who came here escaping from their ruined economies? and even in the health care ; one can notice a lot of foreigners... IMO nowadays it is rare to meet Maltese in the hospitality ind, retail shops etc
I voted Yes for the EU but today I realize that it was a big mistake... because apart from the fact that we lost our powers over many many things the free movement of people was not beneficial ...

As for births... I cannot really tell you... but from my experience on a particular day... 45/50% of births were to ''foreigners''
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:52 pm

ramsej84 wrote:even in the health care ; one can notice a lot of foreigners...

This is actually a big problem and as far as I know steps are being taken to counter this.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:19 pm

This wk I was there and observed an eldery women who was not comfortable at all... I don't blame her what if he/she is not fluent how the heck are they going to communicate with the nurses?
OK we have two national languages but not every one is comfortable esp in such sits as in hospital. Foreigners in such a sensitive sector must learn some basic Maltese...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:25 am

ramsej84 wrote:This wk I was there and observed an eldery women who was not comfortable at all... I don't blame her what if he/she is not fluent how the heck are they going to communicate with the nurses?
OK we have two national languages but not every one is comfortable esp in such sits as in hospital. Foreigners in such a sensitive sector must learn some basic Maltese...

That's exactly the problem. Most people getting admitted into hospital are still part of the generation that is not very fluent in English. But what you mentioned about basic Maltese is what I believe is being done. New students being admitted into medical-related courses (starting from this year unless I'm mistaken) must pass some kind of proficiency test in Maltese.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Amazing Amazing Amazing - two English twins from Manchester learned Maltese in one week... (I doubt that they did in one week but event if they did in a year it is still an amazing feat.)
They said that that they are fluent in 9 languages - these are genies...
Twins master Maltese in just one week [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Yes, they are lumens for languages. Probably those 1% or less who can do that. Methods of learning are very crucial for fast learning of foreign languages. With some methods you progress slow, with some faster. Not all people can deal with every single one.

I have been playing with Brazilian Portuguese for the last 3-4 months and at first everything was so unfamiliar because I wanted to see how long it would take to learn correct pronunciation and memorize couple of phrases and sentences. At first it seemed hard and my tongue was completely in mess, but after less than a month it became easy.
Still, when you learn via free language sites, progress can't be that fast as while using/forcing through conversation and listening with someone who already speaks it, more accustomed and confident. The same is with my English, simply improves once I'm among the people who only communicate on English. Some even say that human brain memorizes faster by listening than reading words and sentences.

What I see in case of Croatia when foreigners come here(or even permanently move) for living and working, they really manage to learn super Croatian which is considered as a very hard language with so many grammar stuff. Majority can't learn that R which is common for learning Spanish R(grande, rio...) and RR(perro, cachorro...) and maybe Š, Ž, while difference between Č and Ć is causing a huge problem for some native speakers, too.

People must learn Croatian if they want to live and work here. It takes time like everything in life, but I guess it's not hard for a one learning in the same environment where language is spoken. Those rare Arabs, Africans and Asians who live in Croatia are speaking fluent Croatian after few years, at least those who I met or have seen in the past.

Well done good on you, but I must say that I speak ten languages fluently which include English, Polish, German, French, Russian, Arabic, Italian, Dutch, Latin and Chinese. My only problem is, I can only speak them when I'm drunk and altogether. As for Maltese, even after fifty years, I'm still trying.

The best comment! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:05 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/o ... bus-attack
How sad and even sadder is what the human rights watchdog said about the killing. They described it as a tragic but forseeable outgrowth of the current climate:cry:
Had the guy murdered was a jew the world would have turned upside down...
And what about the chants by the mob? Arabs out... It should be the other way as they were there before the line created by the Brits in 1947... to accomodate the jews.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:27 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34569634
Turkey and blackmailing of the EU

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:48 pm

In a migrants' facility in Hamburg [source]
:shock:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:56 pm

They are a new young and vital force of Europe... All kinds of engineers, doctors, nurses, university professors...

Who would complain on them? I mean, grow up... Why would you lead propaganda about demographic rebuild in European countries when you can bring people from other civilizations who will not integrate, but assimilate into natives and their society, culture, religion, values, etc. etc.

I mean, who would be such an Adolf and prevent them to become one of us. This is more than an evidence. [source]

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCB general » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:08 pm

PhD taking a selfie in the Slovenian refugee camp. :lol:

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:23 pm

WTF are the soldiers doing? they should enclose all those who create trouble and sent back asap...
Refugee my ass...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:26 pm

to change a bit the subject... this is very interesting ...
The Disturbing True Story of the Pied Piper of Hamelin

Read more: http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-le ... z3pDjGHW3z
Follow us: @ancientorigins on Twitter | ancientoriginsweb on Facebook [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:48 pm

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge