You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby nm462272 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:30 pm

German-American wrote:West Virginia university I'm studying mechanical and aerospace engineering

Good school and great subjects... maybe when you're finished at WVU, you can go to my alma mater here in Atlanta... Georgia Tech 8)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby German-American » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:32 pm

nm462272 wrote:
German-American wrote:West Virginia university I'm studying mechanical and aerospace engineering

Good school and great subjects... maybe when you're finished at WVU, you can go to my alma mater here in Atlanta... Georgia Tech 8)

Georgia tech!!! That's a great school!!! And thanks!!! I'm really excited, and hey I even made it in before the game starts today

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby nm462272 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:35 pm

German-American wrote:hey I even made it in before the game starts today

Find some pals and enjoy the game!! I'm taking a half-day from work myself... only 2.5 hours left here :wink:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby German-American » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Hehe, I'll try! I want to join intermural soccer to

German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:10 pm

Congratulations and good luck!
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Steph » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Good luck, but I'm sure you won't need it.

I'm leaving for school next Wednesday I think, and while right now I've put my major as finance I'm not entirely sure if that's what I'll end up with. I'm shallow and I just want to make lots of money, just need to choose the right major :P

I also think I'm going to try intramural soccer. I've played and practiced tons and tons of soccer this summer for exercise, as well as having gym sessions with a personal trainer 3-4 times a week, but before this summer I had hardly ever played soccer at all and I spent most of my time practicing shooting because it's easy to do without getting bored. Anyways I'm not sure if I'm good enough so I don't know yet.

On a completely different note, I'm so sick of Pep constantly droning on and on about Messi, he talks about him way too much and I really don't like it.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

General Chat Thread

Postby pyrasur » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Steph wrote:Good luck, but I'm sure you won't need it.

I'm leaving for school next Wednesday I think, and while right now I've put my major as finance I'm not entirely sure if that's what I'll end up with. I'm shallow and I just want to make lots of money, just need to choose the right major :P

I also think I'm going to try intramural soccer. I've played and practiced tons and tons of soccer this summer for exercise, as well as having gym sessions with a personal trainer 3-4 times a week, but before this summer I had hardly ever played soccer at all and I spent most of my time practicing shooting because it's easy to do without getting bored. Anyways I'm not sure if I'm good enough so I don't know yet.

On a completely different note, I'm so sick of Pep constantly droning on and on about Messi, he talks about him way too much and I really don't like it.

Try juggling. Also watching videos of good players really helps, gives me great ideas of stuff to try.

Sad to say but Messi is a particularly great one to watch to see his reading of the game and control of the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:27 pm

German-American wrote:
nm462272 wrote:

Georgia tech!!! That's a great school!!! And thanks!!! I'm really excited, and hey I even made it in before the game starts today

You should really look into grad school or even going on exchange to Germany. They are really trying to get foreign students to come (and stay after their degree), and it's all organized by the government.

So many cool scholarships like Rhodes scholarship for going abroad.

I really recommend trying cool things in undergrad and not doing a boring four years in one place. Find the students on exchange at your school and ask how it all works, they tend to be pretty cool to hang out with anyway!

pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Steph » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:31 pm

pyrasur wrote:

Try juggling. Also watching videos of good players really helps, gives me great ideas of stuff to try.

Sad to say but Messi is a particularly great one to watch to see his reading of the game and control of the ball

What I mean is Pep randomly brings up Messi in completely off topic instances, when talking about costa, when talking about discipline and listening to him etc, it's ridiculous.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby German-American » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:32 pm

I'm leaving for school next Wednesday I think, and while right now I've put my major as finance I'm not entirely sure if that's what I'll end up with. I'm shallow and I just want to make lots of money, just need to choose the right major

I'm the same way!!!! I just started playing this summer!! Where are you go I ng to school? My dad and sister does finance, they both love it! It's a major which will always be needed.

German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby German-American » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:34 pm

pyrasur wrote:
German-American wrote:
nm462272 wrote:[quote="German-American"]West Virginia university I'm studying mechanical and aerospace engineering

You should really look into grad school or even going on exchange to Germany. They are really trying to get foreign students to come (and stay after their degree), and it's all organized by the government.

So many cool scholarships like Rhodes scholarship for going abroad.

I really recommend trying cool things in undergrad and not doing a boring four years in one place. Find the students on exchange at your school and ask how it all works, they tend to be pretty cool to hang out with anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Well since I am a German citizen, would I have a much lower cost of tution?

German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Steph » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:34 pm

pyrasur wrote:You should really look into grad school or even going on exchange to Germany.

I know this wasn't directed at me but I'm actually taking German as well and thinking about hopefully eventually getting to go over for a long period of time. I just loved Munich when I was there and I want to go back.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:47 pm

Steph wrote:
pyrasur wrote:You should really look into grad school or even going on exchange to Germany.

I know this wasn't directed at me but I'm actually taking German as well and thinking about hopefully eventually getting to go over for a long period of time. I just loved Munich when I was there and I want to go back.

Best way to learn anyway.

Also some helpful links for ya:
Studying in English in Germany [source]

DAAD [source]

DAAD is the organization I think that is really responsible for bringing foreign students to Germany. Haven't done it myself yet but I have my own plans 8)
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Steph » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:48 pm

German-American wrote:

I'm leaving for school next Wednesday I think, and while right now I've put my major as finance I'm not entirely sure if that's what I'll end up with. I'm shallow and I just want to make lots of money, just need to choose the right major

I'm the same way!!!! I just started playing this summer!! Where are you go I ng to school? My dad and sister does finance, they both love it! It's a major which will always be needed.

Don't take it personally but I try to keep myself off the internet as much as possible, I don't have any social media stuff, and I don't want to put where I'm going to school on the internet :P
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Steph » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:49 pm

pyrasur wrote:
Steph wrote:

Best way to learn anyway.

Also some helpful links for ya:
Studying in English in Germany [source]

DAAD [source]

DAAD is the organization I think that is really responsible for bringing foreign students to Germany. Haven't done it myself yet but I have my own plans 8)

Thanks I'll definitely give those a look!
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge