You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby tracylynn » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:59 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I feel much better now. :lol:
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:59 pm

:D
FC Bajern

Postby podolski4life » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:11 am

At least this thread will probably be active during the BL off-season.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:20 pm

Eurovision is coming soon. I've been watching some of the videos from the entries and I have to say that there are some good songs and some songs that make me say....wtf?

This is what I have seen so far....

Denmark's entry is a drag queen with a pretty decent song.

Germany's entry is a guy who is trying to bring back Sinatra and Dean Martin's style of music. Not bad at all.

Bosnia-Herzegovina's entry is very nice. I like the music and the lady's voice.

Spain's entry....well, let's just say that it's an uptempo song by a group called Nash. Nash is 4 guys and they remind me of Bendover Boys and NStink. :lol:

Albania's entry isn't all that bad but I keep thinking he's saying "hear my pee" and not "hear my plea." Sorry, but I don't want to hear someone's pee.

More on the way....
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:04 pm

Any website to hear a preview of the songs?
FC Bajern

Postby diegis » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:34 pm

tracylynn wrote:...and some songs that make me say....wtf?

like ours :lol:
this years song is really bad
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Paddy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:41 pm

Eurovision´s songs are always a joke. I mean I´m not saying that as a metalhead but ummm...I can respect a quality pop music but those songs are a joke...they always sound cheesy and dated....without any depth or a meaning....I mean can you picture quality acts like Robbie Williams contest in it?

And god.....Lordi are such copy cats and are nothing more than a bad version of Kiss (not that Kiss are any good) and those outfits aren´t new thing but people who watch Eurovision are totally shocked ....
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:48 am

FC Bajern wrote:Any website to hear a preview of the songs?

This site has all 42 songs on it. Some of the videos quality isn't that good but you can at least hear the songs. Also, you can check out Youtube because there might be different videos for some of the songs.

http://esc2007.vodpod.com

BTW...check out United Kingdom's song. LOL!!! It's by a group called Scoosh and it's called "Flying the Flag."
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:12 am

supr4king wrote:
tracylynn wrote:...and some songs that make me say....wtf?

like ours :lol:
this years song is really bad

No, you don't like the song by Locomondo? Man, they rock!! No, actually they don't. LOL!! :lol: The song is not bad but it's not as good as some of the others out there.

Check out the song from the Ukraine... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I don't know how to explain it except by this :shock:

Switzerland's song is called "Vampires Are Still Alive." It's actually a techno song but I can't believe the subject matter is about vampires.

Israel's song is called "Push the Button" by a group called Teapacks. WOW!! :roll:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:01 am

lol my friend who is a techno freak would kill you for saying DJ Bobo is techno...hes nothing more thsn a dated dance musician
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:03 am

The Eurovision is a joke. If the songs are crap, the votation is far worse. The problem is that the votation process ends up being highly political in nature. What this basically means is that everyone votes for the neighbouring countries instead of for the song they like (eg: Sweden gives a lot of points to Denmark, and vice versa).

tracylynn wrote:Israel's song is called "Push the Button" by a group called Teapacks. WOW!! :roll:

As if to support my argument above regarding the political nature, Israel is allowed to participate in the Eurovision song contest, same as they are allowed to participate in European football competitions by UEFA. The only problem is that they are NOT European, but are in the Middle East.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Dutch league

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:52 pm

interesting, next week is the last matchday

.........................Pts .....P .....W ...D ...L ...GF ..GA .+/-
1 AZ Alkmaar .....72 ....33 ...21 ...9 ...3 ...81 ..28 ....53
2 Ajax ................72 ....33 ...22 ...6 ...5 ..82 ..35 ...47
3 PSV Eindhoven..72 ....33 ...22 ...6 ...5 ..70 ..24 ...46
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:16 pm

Paddy wrote:lol my friend who is a techno freak would kill you for saying DJ Bobo is techno...hes nothing more thsn a dated dance musician

I didn't say he was techno. :roll: I said that the song was techno which actually it does have that beat to it.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:52 am

I know Eurovision may be a joke but we don't have anything over here that is like that. Plus, I happen to like listening to the music because I've always come across a singer/band with a nice beat and voice. Of course, none of the Eurovision winners have had the success that ABBA had and probably never will. ABBA was able to cross many borders with their sweet pop music. I know they may be done with and folks think their music is sugary, but I like them. My father would play their music and I just happen to fall in love with their music.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Re: Dutch league

Postby tracylynn » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:53 am

FC Bajern wrote:interesting, next week is the last matchday

.........................Pts .....P .....W ...D ...L ...GF ..GA .+/-
1 AZ Alkmaar .....72 ....33 ...21 ...9 ...3 ...81 ..28 ....53
2 Ajax ................72 ....33 ...22 ...6 ...5 ..82 ..35 ...47
3 PSV Eindhoven..72 ....33 ...22 ...6 ...5 ..70 ..24 ...46

I don't know about anyone else but I like watching the Dutch league. I don't know who I want to win the title, but I guess it doesn't matter since it's a good race.
tracylynn
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge