You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCB general » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Well... Woman + copilot's depression = catastrophe

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby RedQueen » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:21 pm

There's no mention of anything about a woman, other than he lived with his girlfriend in D'dorf.

He visited more than one doctor. One of the hospitals where he was treated denied that he was there because of a depression, saying he was there for "diagnostic reasons". But not only Süddeutsche but also Welt report (independently) there was a psychiatric disorder. So either it was a disorder other than depression, or in addition to the depression he suffered from something else.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:31 pm

all Professionals whom were consulted must take their responsibility... they should have informed his employers...were the safety of ppl is involved their secrecy should not count.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by ramsej84 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:40 pm

Well, that would have meant for them to go to jail. And how were they supposed to know that despite the attest he still went to work?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:55 pm

an instable man/woman shall never be allowed to be responsible of other lives no matter what... I am very surprised that something like this happened in Germany...
and then they went on to jail Uli for some non paid tax ...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 pm

ramsej84 wrote:all Professionals whom were consulted must take their responsability... they should have informed his employers...were the safety of ppl is involved their secrecy should not count.

The problem is that then people suffering problems would not go to professionals (who would help cure them for the most part), because they wouldn't be able to go or they'd lose their job. And then, without help, the chances of something like this happening again gets bigger.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:01 pm

I dont think that if any went on to report it would gave gone public.
I stand by it the drs should be ashamed. They are the culprits of this tragedy. I repeat I cannot believe that this happened to Germany where everything seems to be run so perfect...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:05 pm

Most importantly in Germany confidentiality is a very highly valued and strictly protected asset, having GESTAPO and STASI in our history.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:57 am

ramsej84 wrote:I dont think that if any went on to report it would gave gone public.
I stand by it the drs should be ashamed. They are the culprits of this tragedy. I repeat I cannot believe that this happened to Germany where everything seems to be run so perfect...

I stand by it too. If doctors reported directly to workplaces, this guy (and potentially many other pilots currently seeking, and hopefully being cured of, mental illness) would never visit doctors. They'd just hole it up and incidents like this would happen far more frequently.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:33 am

they should never been given a license. Period.
This is the same as a convicted paedophile can never work as kindergarten assistant ...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:02 am

I think airlines should implement something like a periodic (bi-yearly, for example) medical examination/investigation for its employees.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:26 am

ramsej84 wrote:they should never been given a license. Period.
This is the same as a convicted paedophile can never work as kindergarten assistant ...

This is where you're wrong. You're mixing a convicted paedophile (someone who acted upon his evil intents) with someone who only has the evil intents (suicidal tendencies in the case of the co-pilot).

If a kindergarten assistant goes to a psychiatrist and tells him that he has these fantasies about children but has never acted upon them, the psychiatrist doesn't have a right to inform the authorities. If this person then acts upon these fantasies, it becomes a crime and he becomes a convicted paedophile and would never be able to work as a kindergarten assistant again.

Similarly, if a co-pilot has suicidal tendencies then the psychiatrist may NOT report this to authorities. Had the pilot managed to break down the door, kick the co-pilot's ass and get the plane back on track, you can rest assured that the co-pilot would have faced criminal charges and would never be able to work as a pilot/co-pilot again.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:30 am

MoFattal wrote:I think airlines should implement something like a periodic (bi-yearly, for example) medical examination/investigation for its employees.

At Germanwings they do periodic examinations, but only physical. The only psychological tests they do are when they're employing them.

I think there's too much fuss though about this case. We need to see the feasibility of these tests. Because why stop at airlines? Can't a bus driver similarly purposely drive a bus full of people off a cliff? Should all bus drivers thus be subjected to periodical psychological tests too? I bet if they did, most of the ones in Malta would fail :mrgreen:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:03 pm

but why wait for something to happen when instead one can avoid tragedies...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:07 pm

ramsej84 wrote:but why wait for something to happen when instead one can avoid tragedies...

Because then no one will go to psychiatrists, and without sick people getting the professional help they need, the amount of tragedies would increase tremendously. Now, if on the other hand, the co-pilot told the psychiatrist of his intentions that he will destroy the plane etc. then the psychiatrist would be legally obligated to inform the authorities.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge