You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:37 pm

Hey Europeans! It's Daylight Saving Time Time! Don't forget to put the clock 1 hour forward next Sunday at 2:00am to 3:00am.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FC Hollywood18 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:39 am

yeah im happy that we got borowski. I have heard so many people compare him with Ballack, so i hope he lives up to the hype( I know he will )
FC Hollywood18
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:36 am

well, it smells like championships this season and hopefully UEFA cup as well. But what I'm really excited about is CL next season. This will be the real yardstick for the current Bayern team. I think this team will be very competitive in CL next season but I still think we need to add a world class attacking midfielder (the likes of Diego or Van der Vaart). I don't see a problem in defense if we can hold on to Lucio (I don't see Micho leaving, and Van Buyten is good cover). Our fullbacks are outstanding, even if Lahm leaves, we should be fine with Jansen (he is better than what I initially thought), Sagnol (hopefully he will regain his form) and Lell. Ribery, MVB, and Ze, guarantee a good midfield but it would be great to add another attacking midfielder (Schweini is too inconsistent)--unless Kroos lives up to the expectations by next season ( I doubt it, he still needs a couple more season to ripe)...
With Klose, Toni and Poldi we are not doing bad in terms of strikers...Klose needs to remain consistent though, but at last Poldi is starting to show good form...
In conclusion, we should be in great form for CL next season....I can't wait to see Bayern beat a team like Man U, Milan or Barcelona...now that would be sweet....
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:56 am

walter wrote:In conclusion, we should be in great form for CL next season....I can't wait to see Bayern beat a team like Man U, Milan or Barcelona...now that would be sweet....

It definitely would. But I still have my doubts on whether we are already there in terms of teamwork and team chemistry. Also, let's hope we won't be playing Milan... they should be playing in UEFA Cup matches next season!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:13 am

I personally don't think we will be pushing teams like man utd without another (albeit slightly smaller) spending spree, just in one or two areas, lets not forget that injuries do happen and when playing three competitions, they're likely, if klose or toni was injured, then yeah, we've got poldi but if a second striker was injured, does anyone really have that much faith in schlaudraff???

as for midfield, again, ze roberto has been solid, but he's getting on a bit and full seasons will inevitably take their toll on 33 and 34 year olds, maybe a defensive midfielder would be more appropriate than an attacking one (the likes of Kroos, Sosa, Schweini, ribery and altintop should be sufficient, if not, then lahm and jansen are capable of filling that void)

the main thing to remember is that next season will be under a different coach, klinsman probably won't use the same formation, and figuring out what the formation will be around players like ribery and borowski is the main concern when figuring out which signings are needed!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:16 pm

Bayern has Borowski as a new signing for filling the defensive midfield position so Bayern doesn't need one either. Talking about Schlaudraff, how can anyone have faith in him when he didn't even play half an hour in total in all competitions!! I really would like to see him play more often but not playing for the last 3 minutes of the game! I am really surprisded that he isn't complaining unlike Podolski for lack of playing time (very lack! more than Podolski). On the contrary he said that he doesn't want to leave the club! Maybe he is hoping more next season since Klinsmann is coming.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby walter » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:58 pm

MUTU wrote:
walter wrote:In conclusion, we should be in great form for CL next season....I can't wait to see Bayern beat a team like Man U, Milan or Barcelona...now that would be sweet....

It definitely would. But I still have my doubts on whether we are already there in terms of teamwork and team chemistry. Also, let's hope we won't be playing Milan... they should be playing in UEFA Cup matches next season!

Well, I'm hoping Klinsmann will help improve team chemistry and motivation--I think that's what he is good at. He is not much of a tactician, so hopefully one of his assistants will be good at this...

The situation with Schlaudraff is certainly strange. He played some good games during the Winter break and I was expecting to see more of him in the second half of the season...
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby kevh26 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:21 pm

the problem is, at this stage of the season every game counts, and if you've got three fit strikers that a better, who are you gonna play???

shouldn't have been signed in the first place in my opinion, I think he's a second rate guerrero at best, he was a big fish in a small pond last season and hasn't made the step up... maybe a move to the likes of nurenburg would do him good, if he can accept playing in the second division next season!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:17 am

IMO he should have been loaned out with the option to recall him back from his loan at any time. That way he'd have had match practice and if one of the other 3 attackers suffered a long term injury he would have been recalled to fill in the void. And we would have had a match fit striker, rather than a bench warmer.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:21 am

personally i think he should be sold at the end of the season and a better striker, one that's going to actually brings something to the team (mario gomez perhaps) should be brought in!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Schlaudraff will probably go at the end of the season, in which case we would need another striker, but Gomez? Stuttgart said they want 50mil for him this week. They won't get that from anyone, but the point is with Klose, Toni, and Poldi I think we've got a good enough strike force that we don't need to be spending huge amounts on another striker. MAYBE after next season depending on how things go, but right now if Schlau goes I think we'd be fine with someone like Guerrero who's young but pretty reliable when they come on. We should've kept Guerrero last season and gotten rid of Santa Cruz sooner if you ask me, but that's old news...anyway I like Gomez, but I don't think he's worth the money for Bayern right now.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:55 pm

Stuttgart will not sell Gomez at the end of the season because he has a contract until 2012 and they want to get at least one more season out of him and still be able to cash good money when selling him. The asking price for him is insane but I totally understand the strategy: they wont sell him unless someone makes a ridiculous offer they can't reject (anything around 40 mill).

Schlaudraf, for the sake of his career, should leave at the end of the season to a team where he would have a better chance to play more regularly and grow as a player. He certainly has talent but I see things difficult for him at Bayern. Makaay was smart enough to see what was coming when we signed Klose and Toni...not that he would've not had a chance in the starting lineup, but I can imagine there would've been conflicts among striker if he had stayed.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:34 pm

Check out this video. It is a top 50 goal compilation.

My top 3 favourites are:

1) 40 (simple but the most awsome!)
2) 25
3) 4

I remember also a wonder goal. It was scored by a team ( I forgot who) against Inter in the champions league of 3/4 years ago. It was a 40 metre freekick goal. Anyone knows about this goal and be very kind to post a link to the video, I would greatly appreciate it.

What are your favourites?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby kevh26 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:35 pm

i agree with 25, that seedorf goal is great, it's still tavelling up as it hits the net!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MunchenFC » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:55 am

best goal all of time is Klaus Fischer against Englad in the semi-final bisiclye kick to tie up the game. it was actually voted ARD goal of the century.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge