You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby lau03143 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:47 am

Like all of the examples of groups intent on the destruction of states throughout the years, the CIA will have sowed the seeds.

It was they who wanted to arm all if the 'Syrian Rebels' in the first place.
Last edited by lau03143 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:07 pm

The West must completely change from its roots, or at least Europe must distance from NATO which is - impossible.

TTIP agreement is putting Europe into colonial relation. As I once said here for Europe - colonists have become colonized by their own colonies. And it will be further. The problem goes when there's even possibility for others who have never heard for the word colonialism, especially colonized someone around the globe.

What I do know, there won't be me anywhere near this merda if happens in Europe. I'm not ready to lead private wars for someone's pocket. The only war would be against them.

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby rudolf12 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:48 pm

rudolf12 wrote:Most popular football club in Germany 2015

(Semi-finals) FC BAYERN vs. BORUSSIA D
http://global-vote.blogspot.com/2015/03 ... SIA-D.html

Vote for Bayern! :thumbup:

Current results:
rudolf12
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernSupporter » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:02 am

Is there an Make an avatar for someone thread? i am looking for someone who can make me a Robben.gif avatar 60 x 60 :P
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
BayernSupporter
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCB general » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:33 pm

Okay, now let's hear from a Philippine guy something...

Why would someone add me from that country on Facebook? Are those profiles fake or what? I'm really confused. :?

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby runaway » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:57 am

Not sure. I don't really use Facebook anymore. But it's best to be careful.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCB general » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:14 pm

The weird thing is, I read that you also have two official languages and someone doesn't know speak an average English, heh. :) But I don't care. I've got nothing to show when everything important on Facebook is hidden from all my friends, not just strangers.

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby runaway » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:12 pm

Yeah English and Filipino but we got A LOT of dialects. I don't even speak one because I grew up in the main city. English is required in school especially in private schools which was controversial because our real language is being overlooked. Kids these days can't understand the older form of our language our grandparents would be speaking. My country is very Americanized and Westernized.

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:37 pm

runaway wrote:Yeah English and Filipino but we got A LOT of dialects. I don't even speak one because I grew up in the main city. English is required in school especially in private schools which was controversial because our real language is being overlooked. Kids these days can't understand the older form of our language our grandparents would be speaking. My country is very Americanized and Westernized.

via Tapatalk

Same here in Malta (British rule 1800-1964-1979) we have two official languages: Maltese & English.
The British Empire went to hell and back to force their language and culture on us... which at that time was influenced by Italian until the 1930s. The upper classes spoke Italian and it was the official language in the courts too.
However today, unfortunately a good portion of the Maltese population think that they are special when choosing to communicate in English. Most of these sometimes mix both languages (and believe me it sounds sooo funny and ridiculous - :lol: we call these people tal-pepe')
On a side note I noticed something similar on a Lebanon TV station(their native language is similar to ours; and I've noticed some English words/phrases into their dialogue)
The problem with these Maltese who speak & mix is that they speak both languages in the wrong way.
I really hate it when I encounter a child and his parents say (almost proudly) that he/she does not understand Maltese! :evil: [-X
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:43 pm

ramsej84 wrote:The problem with these Maltese who speak & mix is that they speak both languages in the wrong way.

Welcome to the 21st century, where slang, loanwords, etc. dominate in almost every language, influenced by some new "culture". I guess Spanglish is the only language which sounds great on this planet and that's it.

ramsej84 wrote:I really hate it when I encounter a child and his parents say (almost proudly) that he/she does not understand Maltese!

Wow... :-s :-s When you see a self-declared Croat outside of Croatia, for instance in USA, Latin America, Australia who isn't able to speak Croatian at all besides few greeting words and sentences about asking someone how is he, he's probably eager to learn it entirely sooner or later. It's a shame to say that you're something and still not able to do an essential thing. That's sometimes really weird, but represented among those people who aren't linked with diaspora cultural communities and so on. The others keep everything very much alive like in St. Louis.

On the other side, sooner or later some people in my country hate themselves because they aren't able to speak one foreign language on a proficient level. The golden mean is probably somewhere in Netherlands, where they learn both English and German, and maybe Denmark and Sweden who follow the similar way.

But that's partly about educational system and the rest is up to people and their will.

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby runaway » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:06 pm

That's true mixing English has really been very common in everyday language. There are times my mind just supplies the English words faster than my native language probably because I use it a good amount, at work and in other interactions.

I agree on those people who even proudly says they're not fluent in their native tongue. Here, being fluent and speaking English with great accent is a sign of affluence so we got try-hards who wants their child to only speak English.

Our national hero, Jose Rizal, must be turning on his grave. He wrote, "He who does not love his own language is worse than an animal and smelly fish." (Ang hindi magmahal sa sariling wika, daig pa ang hayop at malansang isda.)

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I really hate it when I encounter a child and his parents say (almost proudly) that he/she does not understand Maltese!

I honestly can't understand how that is possible unless these children never go out of the house. My best friend is pure English speaking to the extent that it sounds really strange and funny if she TYPES a single word in Maltese. I have never met a Maltese person who's so much of an English speaking as her (to be fair she is half-British and has a lot of close relatives in England but her brother speaks Malti pur) and I am exposed to many English speaking people because of my studies and work. Yet even so she writes perfect Maltese, better than most people and she got a top grade in her Maltese O-level. So I don't think anyone can really say she doesn't know Maltese even though she really struggles to speak it. Bit of a wierd case but it shows that it's almost impossible for Maltese children to not understand Maltese.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:42 pm

runaway wrote:That's true mixing English has really been very common in everyday language. There are times my mind just supplies the English words faster than my native language probably because I use it a good amount, at work and in other interactions.

I'm not able, but when I was a kid, I was able in any moment to use the right word, synonyms and acronyms, mostly because I watched a lot of cartoons(English speaking), TV shows and played games on consoles(Nintendo, PC, PlayStation). Today it's not a custom because it strange when you don't have English classes anymore like in both elementary school and highschool nor I don't watch so much TV as I used to. Even with that all, I spent more time playing football and socializing with other children.
One of the worst standing regions economically speaking, no foreigners, no tourism like in Dalmatia or Istria, so there's no way you can speak with some native unless you take on your own, forums, social networks, common interests such as football, music, etc.

I never had problems to adapt on something new. My accent was starting to change when I went for 10 days in other region where they sound and speak a bit different. But to completely be exposed to something, no way.

runaway wrote:Here, being fluent and speaking English with great accent is a sign of affluence so we got try-hards who wants their child to only speak English.

I guess bilingual people are big minority on the global level. My siblings who were born in Germany are bilingual, but not their parents after 35-40 years of living. They all learned German, I mean who wouldn't if it's your interest to overcome this issue as quick as possible. Even one cousin who came to Germany at the age of 6 manged to learn everything in short period, go to school and now work in car-industry.

runaway wrote:Our national hero, Jose Rizal, must be turning on his grave. He wrote, "He who does not love his own language is worse than an animal and smelly fish." (Ang hindi magmahal sa sariling wika, daig pa ang hayop at malansang isda.)

This! Well, many of our historic heros, writers, artists, priests told something close to yours, maybe not that harsh although I can't recall but still thinking that some of them were brutal.

People who were able to protect their language, belief, culture, succeeded to survive many centuries and even civilizations which disappeared.

I told to @ramsej once about our war refugees from my region and region not far away of mine, how they went to Germany as kids, came back to Croatia, many of them were mocked because Croatian was their second language, spoken only at home with their parents, but after less than a year these issuses were quickly solved. Lately, they all are going back to Germany for better life and maybe there were two of them who faced the same little issues, but vice-versa. :) However, after only 2-3 months they regain their abilities, fluency, confidence back.

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:51 pm

quote="FCB general"]I guess bilingual people are big minority on the global level. [/quote]
That depends a lot on the criteria used to define bilingualism. An absolute majority of people have some form of understanding of a second language but that does not necessarily mean that they should be called bilingual.

FCB general wrote:This! Well, many of our historic heros, writers, artists, priests told something close to yours, maybe not that harsh although I can't recall but still thinking that some of them were brutal.

It is the same in many if not most countries: Malta, Italy, England, and Ireland have all had people arguing for and insisting on the use of their language in writing at some point in history.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:55 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:That depends a lot on the criteria used to define bilingualism.

To have two mother tongues, being able to speak and understand both languages with no issues.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It is the same in many if not most countries: Malta, Italy, England, and Ireland have all had people arguing for and insisting on the use of their language in writing at some point in history.

I don't know if Irish people speak Irish, i.e. Gaelic and how many of them are able to understand it, use it on every day basis and so on.

Unlike them, I heard Italians speak their regional languages. Even Pope Francis who was born in Argentina speaks Piedmontese.

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge