You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:39 am

runaway wrote:The Pope is coming to the Philippines. Holiday for me hehehe. The country is preparing as if Jesus himself is coming. Major roads are closed and air traffic is closed down for the Pope's arrival. It's bordering on the ridiculous really.

Didn't know that the Philippines is SO catholic. This is really Poland like preparations.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:08 am

Tedesco wrote:
runaway wrote:The Pope is coming to the Philippines. Holiday for me hehehe. The country is preparing as if Jesus himself is coming. Major roads are closed and air traffic is closed down for the Pope's arrival. It's bordering on the ridiculous really.

Didn't know that the Philippines is SO catholic. This is really Poland like preparations.

Check out it out during Good Friday,am I right Runaway... ? :) Although here in Malta we are too obsessed. We have statues and do Processions.
You are lucky to have the Pope visiting you. The previous two Pontiffs came to Malta in 1990 and 2001 (JP II) and Benedict XI came in 2011 (I think)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:23 am

This just happened last week. 5 million people in procession for the Feast of the Black Nazarene.

Pope has touched down. Crazy from airport to the place he will be staying it's already packed with people. He'll be visiting the place where the super typhoon hit. I don't know if my family will go to the public mass on Sunday, when Pope John Paul II came here when I was little, my family attended it and that was already 5 million people and a world record attendance.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:44 am

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fearlesskiki » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:31 pm

via Tapatalk
wow, you have holidays just for the arrival of Pope? that's cool. I can't imagine the pope coming to my country though. There's too many ridiculous stuff happened about religions in my country :roll:
ein guter anfang braucht begeisterung, ein gutes ende disziplin
fearlesskiki
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:17 pm

I read about this 2-3 days ago. National feast for 3-4 days or something. Philippines are really special in this case when it comes to talk about faith and custums.

In Croatia John Paul II was three times in just 9 years and together with Germany(Kohl, Genscher) the key person during the attack on Croatia who was insisting from the United Nations and EU to recognize us as a sovereign country. This pope has a very special place in our history and hearts, our battle to re-establish our country after almost 1000 years.

Benedict XVI was also great for us, when he came it was a great moment in the country, especially to show those hypocrite mass-media which always manipulate with numbers, facts and other things, but many young Croats were in biiiiiig number in Zagreb during his visit.

I've never attended the masses and welcomes when both popes were here last two times and I felt bad after they'd end their journey, but I'm really looking forward in future to attend once the pope Francis visits our country. I expect from the Argentine to do it, after all he knows very well Croatian community in his homeland, so does Croatian history. I know that the now ex-president invited him 2 years ago when he was in Vatican. After all, Rome isn't that far from my country. :D

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:40 pm

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:14 pm

I know it is Penaldo but I've posted it for the art involved
Last edited by ramsej84 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:07 pm

That's brilliant! The maker should publish it.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:21 pm

For those who know German: when exactly do you use articles like "dem", "einem", "einer", etc.? I can't really understand the difference between them and the "normal" articles.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:35 pm

If you have to use the Dative case, for example if the article is for an indirect object. Also for certain prepositions ie. Auf dem Bus
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:37 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:For those who know German: when exactly do you use articles like "dem", "einem", "einer", etc.? I can't really understand the difference between them and the "normal" articles.

oooo I used to study this ... last year.... it is the most difficult thing to understand. Those are the Cases : Dativ, Akkusativ, If nobody answers you I'll find some time and post them here...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:39 pm

That last one was a bad example because "auf" sometimes requires the accusative case, depending on how you use the preposition. There are other prepositions which always require the dative case.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:36 am

Uhhhh, this is difficult if you don't have cases in your language. Luckily, Croatian language's got 7 cases, 3 more than German. It can be easier for me to understand, but not entirely.

Let me try to explain(if I'm able to explain this to you but Germans are the best for this). :)

These are in specific cases what you wrote @FCBM. First you have do declension of cases with appropriate questions or prepositions. Believe me, there's a lot of job which I haven't learned yet.
First you have to know which questions go with nominative, which one with genitive, and that goes as well for dative and accusative.

From my point of view it's easy to understand and figure out what exactly I need to do.

Nominative - wer? was? (who? what?)

Genitive - wessen? (whose?)

Dative - wem? was? ([to] whom? [to] what?)

Accusative - wen? was? (whom? what?)

It looks to me the same in English unlike in Croatian where almost every single question has a different meaning.

Spoiler: show
Definite articles:

case - masculine - feminine - neutral - plural:

Indefinite articles:

case - masculine - feminine - neutral - plural:

That's the most important thing in German along with nouns and what kind of they are. Then there you have also rules what if you have adjectives and specific prepositions to know in which case the noun is gonna be. To me it's not that complicated since we also have cases, even 7 unlike Germans who have 4.

I don't know how other people around the world learn German language and which techniques do they use, but I guess it's different from country to country, depending of their native language and similarities/differences.

I've started with deutsch.info website. You automatically are switched to your own language or you can choose on your own.

Lately I've been learning via Memrise.

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:46 am

pyrasur wrote:That last one was a bad example because "auf" sometimes requires the accusative case, depending on how you use the preposition. There are other prepositions which always require the dative case.

This!

Nominative: als

Dative: ab, außer, aus, bei, gegenüber, mit, nach, seit, von, zu

Accusative: bis, durch, für, um, gegen, ohne, entlang

Genitive: wegen, während, infolge, statt, trotz

There's also a thing with a question? Wo?(where?) and Wohin?(dunno how to translate it, but on my language is something like "to where?") and those verbs which go with either wo(liegen, stehen, sitzen, hängen, stecken) or wohin(legen, stellen, setzen, hängen, stecken).

It's just too many things in their grammar.

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge