You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby nm462272 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Hotels yes, everything else no... also, Oktoberfest time is a great time of year to visit... as long as you stay away from the Wiesn 8)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta, GA
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1813 times
Been thanked: 734 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:16 pm

nm462272 wrote:Hotels yes, everything else no... also, Oktoberfest time is a great time of year to visit... as long as you stay away from the Wiesn 8)

Thinking of going next year, although it's still early plans and everything is still in the air of course.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6825 times
Been thanked: 5719 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby nm462272 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
nm462272 wrote:Hotels yes, everything else no... also, Oktoberfest time is a great time of year to visit... as long as you stay away from the Wiesn 8)

Thinking of going next year, although it's still early plans and everything is still in the air of course.


I think it's a great idea! Just kidding of course about the Wiesn ;) If you've never been to Oktoberfest before, it's something you must do at least once. It's truly a sight to behold!

Keep in mind though - if you do decide to go, make reservations EARLY (especially hotel). Depending on how many people you go with, it may also be a good idea to make a reservation in a tent.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta, GA
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1813 times
Been thanked: 734 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Reservation in a tent huh? That actually sounds really fun.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6825 times
Been thanked: 5719 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby nm462272 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:43 pm

I think sitting in one of the tents is the best way to experience the Oktoberfest. Again, depending on how many people you're going, that will determine whether or not you should bother with a reservation!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta, GA
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1813 times
Been thanked: 734 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Tedesco » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:19 am

Getting a Tent is the only way to convince a Müncher to go to the Wiesn. They know that any other way it is terrible.
User avatar
Tedesco
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2672
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 am
Location: Karlsruhe
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 836 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:12 am

Anyone has a Google Inbox invite please? I would like to be invited.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27960
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 4571 times
Been thanked: 6590 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Badger wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
and he is right cause Catalonia is not Spain... as is the Basque region... North Italy, Bavaria, Scotland, Wales, etc


Well, some of us may be poorly informed, but we do know that North Italy, Bavaria, Scotland and Wales are not in Spain.

[Couldn't resist :-)]


:oops: I meant they should follow Catalonia in claiming independence...

I think from all these only Catalonia will ever be independent. Maybe Scotland, but it doesn't look like they want it.

Of course one could argue that none of these countries are really independent with the EU anymore.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6825 times
Been thanked: 5719 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:41 pm

MUTU wrote:Anyone has a Google Inbox invite please? I would like to be invited.

So, anyone please?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27960
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 4571 times
Been thanked: 6590 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Jorsett » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:Anyone has a Google Inbox invite please? I would like to be invited.

So, anyone please?

I'd invite you if I knew what it was. :|

-

So I was just browsing Wikipedia, like the fact-absorbing citizen I am, and I came over Contento's page: "At the beginning of the new Bundesliga season Heynckes brought in Rafinha for the right back position. Team captain Philipp Lahm changed back to his favoured left side and Contento was mostly relegated to the bench."

Hmmm... :-k
#DankeBasti
User avatar
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:39 pm
National Flag:
Norway
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby JANKER » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Jorsett wrote:
MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:Anyone has a Google Inbox invite please? I would like to be invited.

So, anyone please?

I'd invite you if I knew what it was. :|

-

So I was just browsing Wikipedia, like the fact-absorbing citizen I am, and I came over Contento's page: "At the beginning of the new Bundesliga season Heynckes brought in Rafinha for the right back position. Team captain Philipp Lahm changed back to his favoured left side and Contento was mostly relegated to the bench."

Hmmm... :-k


It was when Schweini was injured and Alaba played in midfield for a couple of games... or I'm having a memory fail moment.
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
User avatar
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13124
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 7099 times
Been thanked: 6180 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby pyrasur » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Heynckes was constantly experimenting to try and find that second fullback. Rafinha, Contento, and Can before he uncovered Alaba's talent at the spot. I thought Lahm had been playing at left back for Germany too but Heynckes eventually liked Lahm's teamplay with Robben better.

I don't remember too well though :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1686 times
Been thanked: 1411 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Jorsett » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:20 pm

JANKER wrote:It was when Schweini was injured and Alaba played in midfield for a couple of games... or I'm having a memory fail moment.

pyrasur wrote:Heynckes was constantly experimenting to try and find that second fullback. Rafinha, Contento, and Can before he uncovered Alaba's talent at the spot. I thought Lahm had been playing at left back for Germany too but Heynckes eventually liked Lahm's teamplay with Robben better.

I don't remember too well though :)

Haha guys, I'm pretty sure you're misunderstanding. I read the article as if it was "Lahm's favoured left side." not "Heynckes' favoured left side.". :-k
#DankeBasti
User avatar
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:39 pm
National Flag:
Norway
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 105 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby JANKER » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:42 am

Jorsett wrote:
JANKER wrote:It was when Schweini was injured and Alaba played in midfield for a couple of games... or I'm having a memory fail moment.

pyrasur wrote:Heynckes was constantly experimenting to try and find that second fullback. Rafinha, Contento, and Can before he uncovered Alaba's talent at the spot. I thought Lahm had been playing at left back for Germany too but Heynckes eventually liked Lahm's teamplay with Robben better.

I don't remember too well though :)

Haha guys, I'm pretty sure you're misunderstanding. I read the article as if it was "Lahm's favoured left side." not "Heynckes' favoured left side.". :-k


Lahm was a left back... ugh, he played wherever they wanted him to, he was supposed to play as a RB when he was on loan to Stuttgart, but they used him as a LB. He played for Germany as a LB. He was supposed to play as a RB when he came back but then again he mostly played as a LB, but later changed position to a RB(under van Gaal).
Now he is a DM. Hermann Gerland used him in his youth as a DM, RM or RB.
When he played on the left he used to score sometimes... On the right or middle, he's like the team's engine, started to score again.
That's why it's difficult to tell... but I think it's Right/Middle/Left...

Spoiler: show
Image
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
User avatar
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 13124
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 7099 times
Been thanked: 6180 times
Gender: Male

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:30 am

MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:Anyone has a Google Inbox invite please? I would like to be invited.

So, anyone please?

Give me your address in I'll invite you.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 1445 times
Been thanked: 1500 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest