You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby theundead » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:31 am

Nobody would watch the domestic leagues then. All the TV revenue would move to this european league and the domestic leagues and clubs would eventually die
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby runaway » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:05 am

A Euro Super League would take a strain in all clubs from participants to non-participants. Clubs would face strong opposition week in week out, thus they'll need a stronger squad overall sucking up all big talents to this league. A team full of superstars would need big money for their salaries. Making sugar daddies more rampant all across the league.

If UEFA just makes Europa league more interesting and give more incentive to participating teams, it will help the lesser known leagues without changing too much.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:30 am

This idea has been brought up in the past and I don't think it's a good one tbh, although it would be enjoyable for fans.

Also, call me arrogant but I think Bayern would be rekordmeister in that league anyway. At least in the present time the KO format of the CL is the only thing that can stop Bayern from winning it every year. There is no team more consistent than us and a league format would give us a huge advantage (as proven by the Bundesliga).
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANKER » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:38 pm

runaway wrote:Clubs would face strong opposition week in week out, thus they'll need a stronger squad overall sucking up all big talents to this league.

We're not familiar with that now, are we?
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB general » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:20 pm

It was once thought to be, but still no. Only in Fifa 99. I don't expect to see this because it would be completely bad for small countries.

Unbalanced situation came after Bosman and EU directions to allow EU members to move freely where they want.

Players have become employers, not sportsmen or sort of specific occupation. By using that definition, football has become officially a business. 8+3 rule was broken by EU(not Fifa/Uefa) and you couldn't do anything about it.

Abramovič, TV revenue, sponsorships, everything large has come in football after that. Cause was the death of 8+3, the result was Premier league with 1/3 English players, no domestic managers, no more domestic club owners, historic Arsenal first eleven 10-11 years ago without a single English player, etc.

Sort of trend moved to Bundesliga where more than 51% of players were foreign nationality, but after both Euro 2000 and 2004 they decided for 50+1 rule, lower restrictions from 5 fgn to 4 fgn, invests in youth setup on both professional and amateur level, infrastructure, coach schools, etc. But they still can't get closer to England and Spain on domestic competitiveness, tv revenue, huge transfers(Bayern is the only expecption)

13 years ago I was strong supporter of bringing back 8+3 rule, but it was impossible. Neither 6+5 which Fifa suggested couldn't pass in EU. I gave up in 2007 after I saw that there wasn't another way we can get closer to PL and Primera clubs, Milan and Inter and then we spent 70 mil € for the first time in our history in one transfer window.
We wouldn't do that ever if there was the other way, but there wasn't.

The rich have become even more rich and dominant, the rest can only depend on good luck with generation of talented players, great directors of football who can sell for n-times bigger sum of money, scouts, etc. or just find a people like Klopp and Simeone who can with less resources build up a strong team in 3 years.

This battle for "football" was lost in 1995-1996, ie 18-19 years ago.

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby JANKER » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:14 pm

FCB general wrote:It was once thought to be, but still no. Only in Fifa 99. I don't expect to see this because it would be completely bad for small countries.

The truth is that already everything is completely bad for small countries, and not only for them but let's say 80% of BuLi, FPL, La Liga, Serie A, etc.

Domestic leagues are played just for the 1st and 2nd place everywhere, and often we can easily predict the winner. Every league has about 2 teams that the rest can't challenge for not even once. Is that fun and fair?

You're giving a false hope to the small, cause you know how will they end anyway, so why keep it a farce... I'm not saying my idea is the best, there are different ways to improve competition in football, but I find this attractive for how things are right now.

I just want to see everyone pick on someone of their own size. Not some giants against midgets stuff, Bayern against Hamburg, it's like Klitschko picking on someone Lightweight.

The reality is that there will always be HEAVYWEIGHTS and LIGHTWEIGHTS, so I'm proposing to split them in different categories... Lightweights would have the same opportunity to improve as today, it can't get worst than this for them.
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB general » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:28 pm

JANKER wrote:The truth is that already everything is completely bad for small countries, and not only for them but let's say 80% of BuLi, FPL, La Liga, Serie A, etc.

Yes, I've taken this under consideration as something usual, standard.

JANKER wrote:Domestic leagues are played just for the 1st and 2nd place everywhere, and often we can easily predict the winner. Every league has about 2 teams that the rest can't challenge for not even once. Is that fun and fair?

We both know how is it when you have 8 times champion in the row in one league(GNK Dinamo Z.) and how 'fun' is Croatian league. Fairness... :lol: 4 seasons in HNL are considered as irregular. :lol:

Everything's become on two clubs or one club domination. Recently in Spain the situation has changed on better, but Italy is pure disaster, in Germany nobody can't catch our tail, in England at least 2 teams(Chelsea, City). More or less everything as you said stands strong.

JANKER wrote:You're giving a false hope to the small, cause you know how will they end anyway, so why keep it a farce... I'm not saying my idea is the best, there are different ways to improve competition in football, but I find this attractive for how things are right now.

Maybe I've expressed myself wrong - I don't give them hope at all. Why? It's over. Things could have been stopped some 13 years ago, but they haven't. I just described what could have happened and still I would take it with a reserve.

Your proposal stands more realistic, but then what's gonna happen to those small...

JANKER wrote:The reality is that there will always be HEAVYWEIGHTS and LIGHTWEIGHTS, so I'm proposing to split them in different categories... And both profit... Lightweights would have the same opportunity to improve as today, it can't get worst than this for them.

... Yes, but it's become a huge difference between them. About that mutual profit... Big money isn't going to Europa league, unfortunately. Either Uefa or sponsors won't give Europa league winner 50 mil € prize for one season, runner-up 40-45, semi-finalists 30-35 mil and so on. That might change something, but there isn't even a try to do such move. :|

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby JANKER » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:45 pm

I haven't elaborated this idea to detail... but there are things that can be done for the small too. Something has to be done and can be done, but that unfortunately won't happen soon from what I know. I will have to play that league in my imagination with my imaginary friends. :crazy: :lol: Damn, I played a lot that FIFA 1999, I was a monster, killing with crosses... :lol:
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANKER » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm sure they know how to make it better, without my piece of mind, but they're just not willing to make it better. It's because people who really don't care about football are running this stuff, they're more interested in filling their bank accounts than anything else.
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:32 pm

The EL is not attractive, because the big ones are playing in the CL, hence it won't change. They wanna see CL teams, not the EL ones. On top of that.. big teams against big teams and small against small will be the complete death of the small, because none will watch them.
Ottomeister13

Postby JANKER » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:The EL is not attractive, because the big ones are playing in the CL, hence it won't change. They wanna see CL teams, not the EL ones. On top of that.. big teams against big teams and small against small will be the complete death of the small, because none will watch them.

Let the 'genocide' continue then...
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:37 pm

Hey i am not in charge, but thats the overal feeling about the EL.
Ottomeister13

Postby JANKER » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:45 pm

EL was a failure from the beginning.

JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:02 pm

I know this is a very long way away, but for the German users, does Munich usually become much more expensive during Oktoberfest?
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Certain things like hotels are. Atleast thats what i have experienced. Went a lot to Bayern games, also when Oktoberfest came around, prices were up a bit and in some places a lot.
Ottomeister13

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge