You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Man City away game

Postby BurraWalkabout » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi guys,

Im Jake Norris from Australia but living in Manchester, UK. Im a proud Bayern fan and looking to get a German party going at Manchester Walkabout on November 25th for the away game against Manchester City. It will be great to have a few of you on board!

Cheers
BurraWalkabout
First post

Years of membershipYears of membership

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:03 am

Tunisia, after igniting Arab Spring, sends the most fighters to Islamic State in Syria [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:44 pm

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:49 pm

talented I think he is from Turkey [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:41 pm

Has anyone ever watched a football game with female commentary ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:07 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Has anyone ever watched a football game with female commentary ?

Women's football has female commentary
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:42 am

pyrasur wrote:

Ay yes. Forgot about that. When I watched some women's football on Eurosport there were 2 commentators one male and one female.
What about female commentary for men's football ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:05 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
pyrasur wrote:

Ay yes. Forgot about that. When I watched some women's football on Eurosport there were 2 commentators one male and one female.
What about female commentary for men's football ?

We have in Malta:grin:
That blonde who will be on the touchline during our premier league games. And makes the occasional comment...
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:05 pm

I have. Our national team games usually have a sports writer as the main commentator and our women's football team captain as his partner. It's alright. Their commentating style is usually reserve and when the team scores, the main guy just says: "It's a goal for the Philippines." :roll:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Languages

Postby JANKER » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:22 pm

FCB general wrote:
JANKER wrote:Perfect Italian, 'broken' Spanish, 'broken' French. I'd like to learn German, I won't die before I learn it.

Well done! Do you study languages or what. I get it for English and your other 5, but Italian is a pleasant surprise. :cheers:

I've started 3 weeks ago with German - alone. It won't be easy with the huge German grammar, but once you handle with that, you're on top. Spanish is something what I must learn in future. It's not that hard and I've got some things already in head which can help me a lot to learn, just like German. :)

JANKER wrote:It's not that hard once you learn one Latin language for example and then learning the next, once you learn one Slavic then learning the next, one Germanic then learning the next and so on... With a little effort you can speak a lot of languages... Somewhere by the age of 10, I spoke like all of these languages, school didn't help much, mostly tv and autodidactism. Being a bit lazy lately, not adding another language to the list. :lol:

I agree completely. Once you learn one Latin language, the other 3 aren't hard because same rules worth for the rest. If you learn Spanish, you easily learn Portuguese and vice versa. The same thing goes with Italian.

French is a bit weird for me. The only language where I've so little learned and memorized as a kid watching their comedies which isn't a case with English, German and Spanish. To be honest, almost nothing besides greetings, thank you, few short proverbs and introduction. :lol:

One guy told once that after you learn one, the other one becomes easier and after that more and more easier.

When we talk about laziness, it's my problem since always when it comes to study almost anything. Foreign languages had been my favorite stuff during the childhood, but after elementary school everything went in 'wrong' thing(pičke :mrgreen: ). My father has advised me in that time to sign up for language course in English, so I could quickly move on to German and I(stupid) didn't listen him. Today I would speak the mentioned three on my wishlist. :) Now I have time to practice English, study German on web through deutsch.info, Duolingo and one Facebook page which has been created, lately. Need to buy one good German-Croatian dictionary with grammar and borrow cousin's books for secondary school. It's going pretty well so far and I don't expect miracles after one month. It's a long journey. :)

I studied languages, but I didn't get my knowledge from there, as I said the TV helped me a lot and I think that's the best way to learn a language especially if you're young. When I was about 7 my Italian was perfect, I used to leave good impressions with my Italian to Italian visitors that I met at the time, they were amazed with how good I could speak it, and it was unbelievable to them that I could learn it that good from the TV. That used to make me a 7 year old interpreter... :lol: So if you want to learn a language just limit your channels to that language you are trying to learn, and don't cheat.
I never learnt more than I already knew at school, maybe some grammar rules. At the University the professor of the Italian used to let me lecture, cause he knew he couldn't improve my Italian more than that and he would take a break. It felt good, to be the best in something... :lol:
Languages at school were the easiest thing for me too, Arts, Geography, History, that too... Exact sciences not that much, even if I found them interesting except MATH, I still despise it even today. :x
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JJJ » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Very interesting communication here. I can speak Estonian with English, but working on Russian and Spanish language. German is currently in "stand by".
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:12 pm

JANKER wrote:I studied languages, but I didn't get my knowledge from there, as I said the TV helped me a lot and I think that's the best way to learn a language especially if you're young. When I was about 7 my Italian was perfect, I used to leave good impressions with my Italian to Italian visitors that I met at the time, they were amazed with how good I could speak it, and it was unbelievable to them that I could learn it that good from the TV.

Fúck! How haven't I recalled this earlier... Adriatic coast, tourists and there's the simple explanation. #-o :oops: :lol:

Yes, it's absolutely possible to learn from TV. My cousin in central Bosnia learned great German just by watching Super RTL, RTL2, Kika and other satellite(Astra) channels. When I was 2 yo, my father sent me and my mother away to Germany to grandpa and grandma who worked and lived there. In less than one and half year I had started to speak fluent German, but as they repeated many times, I was still a small child who had recently made first steps and words.
Other cousins from Herzegovina, whose fathers also sent them(together with brothers, sisters and moms) out long away from war, stayed in Germany for 4-5 years until Germany decided to kicked them out because of illegal stay after the end of confrontations. They all came back knowing fluent German and here they've learned English. Many of these war refugees would come back, continue their school from 3rd, 4th or 5th grade and start studying another one. When someone says it's impossible, he lies.

JANKER wrote: So if you want to learn a language just limit your channels to that language you are trying to learn, and don't cheat.

I agree with that.

JANKER wrote:I never learnt more than I already knew at school, maybe some grammar rules. At the University the professor of the Italian used to let me lecture, cause he knew he couldn't improve my Italian more than that and he would take a break. It felt good, to be the best in something... :lol:

Grammar is an important basis to start, but many people say that listening and speaking is more important than rules.
We certainly don't speak our own language strictly by following the rules.
It's desirable to know as best as you can, understand tenses, verbs, word order in sentences(subject, predicate, object, etc.), but what benefit from that if you stutter, make empty holes and you still haven't routine and confidence to think and speak loud and clear.
Standard language and spelling are important at work, paperwork, etc. Improvement in communication comes by using it on every day basis.

My friend was scared last year that he won't be able to learn and work because he hasn't used German for 15 years, but after little repetition with his mom, 2 months in München(2 years ago) at his grandpa, everything's come back and now he's been there working for almost one and half year.

JANKER wrote:Languages at school were the easiest thing for me too, Arts, Geography, History, that too... Exact sciences not that much, even if I found them interesting except MATH, I still despise it even today. :x

Never been a talent for Arts and drawing, especially Musician class even though I had 4-5(A's and B's). :mrgreen:

Geography, History was a piece of cake after the 5th grade. Math and Physics weren't good(laziness), but I went to school of Electrical Engineering and recently graduded at Faculty of Electrical Engineering.

Math become interesting and awesome when you needed to finish your faculty. :lol: The only thing I regret were maximum lack of interest in Math in primary and secondary school although the 2nd grade Math of highschool was my personal best after the 4th grade of primary school. :mrgreen:

... and then in 3rd and 4th grade come one nightmare of professor(woman) who destroyed me and my great potential before faculty.

You won't eat cheap bread on Balkan no matter what you finish. Well, I lie... Only Computer science, ie engineers(even those PC-freaks who know program without faculty) are available to get employed in Croatia. :)

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCB general » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:14 pm

JJJ wrote:Very interesting communication here. I can speak Estonian with English, but working on Russian and Spanish language. German is currently in "stand by".

I read the European Committee report 10 years old when many countries became EU members and the polls about foreign langauges including those who weren't EU members in that time.

If I find pdf I'll put it here.

edit:

This is from 2005.

http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/ebs/ebs_243_en.pdf

I see there's 2012 which I haven't read, yet. But I will just to compare number and see if anything has changed.

http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/ebs/ebs_386_en.pdf

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:33 am

the fall of Berlin's wall [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANKER » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:26 am

I always had an idea about an 'European League' made of all the big clubs from every country of Europe, it would be more 'real' than any domestic league and CL together.

Cause the reality is that the 'bigs' of Europe don't have real competition in their domestic leagues, and I find it a farce keeping it this way...
Let's say the 2 or 3 best teams of every domestic league would qualify to this league, and they would play in that league until they relegate, while others would find promotion every year... That would be a more equal solution and less boring. And they wouldn't be wasting their time or ours playing against teams that we know they'll beat and thrash, it would be much more entertaining...

A league made of only the best of Europe... For this system it would be the right thing to do so... And it's sometimes that useless playing against some or most of the teams that is boring to death. I want to see some clashes of the titans more often, that would be more fair to everyone IMO.

Or if we want to keep these formats we have now, they can just change some transfer rules, set money limits for everyone equally. Nobody would believe that actually a BUYern fan is proposing this. :P

I haven't elaborated it, it's just to show the idea...

With Platini and Blatter, we won't be seeing changes, but if we do it will be for bad more likely...
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge