You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Rauntšik wrote:I just won a bayern football thanks to Schwarzkopf

Nice! :D
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:06 pm

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Seriously though, she stopped on that side of the highway at night and without hazard lights on ? She should have stopped on the right side at least. That motorcycle is pretty strong. Doesn't seem to have lots of damage compared to the car.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby MatZam » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:40 pm

Whilst I agree that the sentence is harsh, in Malta we tend not to take notice of some rules that other countries take for granted, probably becuase we don't have so many roads where such serious accidents can occur. I'm pretty sure that a large amount of Maltese people don't know what jay-walking is, and you can get arrested for that in some countries abroad. It's also common for drivers to completely ignore zebra crossings here.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:45 pm

MaCk0y wrote:

Seriously though, she stopped on that side of the highway at night and without hazard lights on ? She should have stopped on the right side at least. That motorcycle is pretty strong. Doesn't seem to have lots of damage compared to the car.

It's uncertain whether or not it was at night. One photo shows it us night, the others show daylight. It doesn't say at what time the accident happen.

Yes, she was stupid to stop on the highway and even more so not to switch on the hazard lights and leave the door open, but surely the motorcyclist shares a huge part of the blame for his and his daughter's deaths? There are speed limits on highways and if he couldn't have stopped in time to avoid the car (which seems to at least be on the side of the road, though it might have been moved) then he must have either been driving too fast, not paying attention, or driving too close to the car. Let's put it this way, the judge said it was not worth stopping for some ducks, and that's probably right, but the same situation could easily arise where a child crosses instead of a duck. What is the driver supposed to do then? She runs over the child, she goes to prison, she stops, she goes to prison for causing two other deaths. It's illogical.

She acted stupidly and deserves to be punished, but this is too much. She is 25, clearly had good intentions and is a recent graduate (in the dean's list no less; society needs people with this kind of talent). A just punishment would have been taking away her licenses and perhaps a couple of years in prison. A life sentence does nothing but ruin the life of a talented person.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:47 pm

MatZam wrote:

Whilst I agree that the sentence is harsh, in Malta we tend not to take notice of some rules that other countries take for granted, probably becuase we don't have so many roads where such serious accidents can occur. I'm pretty sure that a large amount of Maltese people don't know what jay-walking is, and you can get arrested for that in some countries abroad. It's also common for drivers to completely ignore zebra crossings here.

Very true, but our legal system is just as much of a joke. ;) We need harsher rules here, but I would refuse to drive in a country with such strict laws as this because it simply makes no sense.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:49 pm

MatZam wrote:

A few days ago I was waiting to cross on a Zebra crossing. One car didn't stop. The driver was too busy smoking and talking on the cell phone.....

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:55 pm

MaCk0y wrote:A few days ago I was waiting to cross on a Zebra crossing. One car didn't stop. The driver was too busy smoking and talking on the cell phone.....

Just yesterday a bus didn't stop while I was waiting to cross. If public transport drivers don't do it, don't expect ordinary drivers who have no idea that a highway code exists to do it.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Been very busy these days. :(

One question for those who can read/write Arabic (I am looking at you Element :) ) and have android phones. Which document reader do you guys use - Polaris, Kingsoft or something else? Actually I want to know which app shows Arabic text properly. What I've noticed is that the behavior on PC and on apps on Android is different.
Need info for some work I am doing. :)
Last edited by AdepT on Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Ask me about the zebra crosses. There is one opposite to where I work... the amount of bumper to bumper collisions is incredible... You have to pray the Lord before attempting to cross. The car coming from the left stops, and the other one coming from the opp direction doesn't or if they both stop the one coming after crashes into the stopping vehicle, pushing it onto the pedestrians...I've seen this a lot; thank God pedestrians tend to be aware of this and wait before starting crossing.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:50 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
MatZam wrote:

A few days ago I was waiting to cross on a Zebra crossing. One car didn't stop. The driver was too busy smoking and talking on the cell phone.....

Sent from Neo N003

There is one in Psaila Street where hardly anyone stops for pedestrians. On average some 10 cars pass before someone has the decency to stop.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:15 am

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:58 am

ramsej84 wrote:
:shock: [source]

Desperate move. Ain't gonna happen.

You can't at the same time lead revolution and fúck prestigé girls. :)

World is a one bad place for live. People forget it's always been.

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:45 am

Qatar introduces the first five stadiums...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:01 am

Can't deny their beauty...
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge