You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FCB general » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:59 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I can empathise with you when you say that just because languages are close it doesn't mean that you will learn bith easily.

Believe it or not, but that can get you deceived by similarities. That can happen with Russian, Ukrainian, Czech and Bulgarian.

But I know it's not easy. My father's said: You can move in any country, but sooner or later you will start speak the language of natives not matter what, want it or not. There's something in brain. I read this yesterday and now I have no worries anymore. That's why I can read so good German and Spanish even though I barely know something to tell in these two languages, never studied in my life but something stayed after I watched a lot of telenovelas(Spanish) and documentary movies on Astra satelite TV(German). The same thing was/is with English and that's why I speak today English.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I can comprehend and write well in French, and can keep a conversation going as long as I have time to pause and think, but these days I only understand Italian when I read it and can hardly keep a basic conversation going, let alone complex.

That's because you don't use this language frequently, like I don't use my English but I'm getting in progress right now since I decided to speak with my cousin who went in so called language gymnasium where she's learned English perfectly during 4 grades with 3-4 classes(duration of one class 45 min.) per week. Maybe you can notice right now how better I write here. It's because we talked yesterday for an hour on English. At the begining I couldn't tell much things, but after 10 minutes it just came out, I was shocked. I guess it's because I had somekind of mental block and my brain started to adjust or switch on English thinking. She said to me how I'll be just better and better. We will text SMS and FB on English, also talk on English when we meet somewhere, etc. This will help a lot, no doubt.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Your comment on speakers of other languages understanding you but yiu being unable to understand them is interesting because they say that it is the case with Maltese and Arabic (especially North African dialects). We understand very little but they understand a lot of what we say. I have never been able to confirm this so fae though.

I still don't know how Slovenians distanced from Croatian language and dialects. Perhaps 'kaikavian' people(who speak kaikavian dialect) can speak and understand Slovenian since that region is boredering with Slovenia. That didn't happen with Serbians, Bosniaks, Montenegrin.
But Macedonians and Slovenians studied Serbo-Croatian or Croatian-Serbian language(mix of Serbian and Croatian language) in school. Albanians from Kosovo also spoke Serbian and they still use it which is great. Basically, 3 nations have had to learn 3 languages, mother tounge, similar language which is/are Croatian/Serbian and some foreign language, but that was poor organized in all ex-YU republics and that's why older people in continental parts of countries don't speak foreign languages unlike Mediterranean CRO regions like Dalmatzia, Istria or country Montenegro.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:One advantage you have with English is that with its present status as a lingua franca, outside English-speaking countries you will find many who speak the standardised version. Most of the regional dialects are also easily understandable if you speak the standard version, and practically alll speakers of regional dialects speak standard English as well. So as far as dialects are concerned you don't really have much of a problem in English. It's not as bas as, say, learning German then going to live in Bavaria.

Yes, that's it! When you get use to it, everything will be more easier. That's why I couldn't understand Alex Ferguson and his Scottish accent which probably reminds on Gaelic language of Celts.

You're not gonna believe, but after only 12 days spent in Herzegowina(where I originate and my parents and all ancestors were born), I started to speak on that accent. It's not unfamiliar to me since there isn't any difference and of family relatives never changed it(like my father's brother, uncle) although they live for 30-40 years in Slavonia, too. :) 95% of words are the same to standard Croatian, but sounds different when you're speaking. After I came back to my town in Slavonia, my friends told me how do I sound and how did that happen in the short time. They were fascinated when they were listening me, didn't sound usual to our environment. :lol: I can always sound like that, but it's more forced than natural. :D

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Will read the article later. It seems very interesting.

As regards Slovenians distancing themselves from Croatian, it is normal when there are different geographical areas, especially once they start distancing themselves politically and culturally. With time the differences will only grow.

A point related to the effect of geographic distance: along the border between the Netherlands and Germany, some communities speak Dutch dialects while others speak German dialects. In many cases there are more similarities between one of the German dialects and one of the Dutch than there are between that same German dialect and Standard German. It goes to show hiw important goegraphic distance is. Probably in ex-Yugoslavia it is a similar situation. You don't just go from Croatian to Slovenian. The change is gradual and dialects become more and more similar as ypu approach the other country.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:36 pm

Someone in the chat posted livestream sources a few games back. Forgot to bookmark it. Please share it again? It's similar to http://livefootballvideo.com/ and streamhunter. Thanks. :)
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby AdepT » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:49 pm

runaway wrote:Someone in the chat posted livestream sources a few games back. Forgot to bookmark it. Please share it again? It's similar to http://livefootballvideo.com/ and streamhunter. Thanks. :)

FootballStreamingInfo, was it?
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby runaway » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:56 pm

AdepT wrote:
runaway wrote:Someone in the chat posted livestream sources a few games back. Forgot to bookmark it. Please share it again? It's similar to http://livefootballvideo.com/ and streamhunter. Thanks. :)

FootballStreamingInfo, was it?

Not that one. hehehe All I can remember of the site was it was like livefootballvideo.com and the thing that shows Live is in a blue color. hehe
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby thephfactor » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:05 pm

Was it http://www.wiziwig.tv ?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
thephfactor
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby runaway » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:09 pm

thephfactor wrote:

Was it http://www.wiziwig.tv ?

Yep! Thanks! :D
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Can someone please explain why a player who has just been ruled off-side and
keeps on playing he receives a booking? 10x
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:27 am

ramsej84 wrote:Can someone please explain why a player who has just been ruled off-side and

I don't know but I would assume time wasting?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:03 am

ramsej84 wrote:Can someone please explain why a player who has just been ruled off-side and

Wasting time and disobeying the referee.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Can you people tell me what's this all about with Pharell Williams - Happy? I see that my town was recording a music video and the other town Split did the same. Why? What's so special in this song?

I really like that thing, but there must another message which I can't read out between the rows. :?

edit: I've just read one article but I still don't get it and the reason isn't English language, misinterpretation or else. I just don't get it despite rereading. :D

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:02 pm

They made one in Malta too. :) I believe the trend started in Paris and has been spreading all over the world. I assume the reason is to spread happiness and display different parts of the world.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:20 pm

I guess so. But I must admit, a very interesting way... Like no one before did something in the past. Probably Internet and YouTube will take all the credits. :)

Yeah, we need to be happy and greatful for everything we have. But in some parts of the world the situation is just getting worse and worse. Many people in my town and region can't be happy in the last 15 years, especially in the last 3-4 years. The trend is that poverty is raising, not decreasing. :(

At least I should be happy that I and my family aren't one of those many.

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:32 am

It is true that in many places in the world things are not si good and getting worse at the moment (think of the poor souls in Ukraine) , and it is important that this is not ignored and that everyone does everything possible to improve the situation. But I firmly believe that however bad things are there is always something to be happy about.

It took me a bit of searching to find this one, but I find this to be a very striking image.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:15 pm

The only one I've heard about was done by the survivors of the typhoon Yolanda my country which is endearing. One of those viral videos I guess. That's a better viral trend than those cinnamon challenges. :lol:

Btw, when is that Let it Go song going to die? It's Gangnam Style all over again. I'm not a good singer myself but hearing it sang so out of tune is really hard for the ears. Even the original performer wasn't that amazing. I guess I'm spoiled because we have so many great singers and belters in my country, it's hard to impress me. :lol:
Last edited by runaway on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge