You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby Mirage » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:55 pm

FC Bajern wrote:ok here is my story. Last Tuesday while I was playing football(soccer) I sprained my anckle so bad that I can't even walk right now. This is the third day and it still hurts. I'm walking like a grandpa. The bad news for me is that this week is my spring break from school and my anckle will heal in 5-7 days which sucks because by that time I start school againImage

You should take time off school then :P its a reason to! sounds painful.

As for driving, I should be learning soon, and I think my first mistake is gonna be driving on the wrong side :P i just can't get my head around it sometimes! its so stupid.

I don't get why Britain drives on the left side, since Europe drive on the same side as America. when do these things get decided? xD
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:15 am

Malta drives on the left as well.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:18 am

MUTU wrote:Malta drives on the left as well.

India too..I was under the impression that everybody drives on left except for the people in US.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby kevh26 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:57 pm

for the most part they do...

days of old logic dictated that when people passed each other on the road they should be in the best possible position to use their sword to protect themselves. As most people are right handed they therefore keep to their left. This practice was formalised in a Papal Edict by Pope Benefice around 1300AD who told all his pilgrims to keep to the left.

Nothing much changed until 1773 when an increase in horse traffic forced the UK Government to introduce the General Highways Act of 1773 which contained a keep left recommendation. This became a law as part of the Highways Bill in 1835.
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:14 pm

MUTU wrote:Malta drives on the left as well.

Yeah well Malta seems to be a wannabe England. :lol:
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:35 pm

kevh26 wrote:for the most part they do...

days of old logic dictated that when people passed each other on the road they should be in the best possible position to use their sword to protect themselves. As most people are right handed they therefore keep to their left. This practice was formalised in a Papal Edict by Pope Benefice around 1300AD who told all his pilgrims to keep to the left.

Nothing much changed until 1773 when an increase in horse traffic forced the UK Government to introduce the General Highways Act of 1773 which contained a keep left recommendation. This became a law as part of the Highways Bill in 1835.

LOL that's so cool :P now I know!

Germany drive on the right so I figured a lot of europe did, I must be wrong! I haven't been to many European countries to be honest.

Is anyone into chinese movies? like hero, house of flying daggers. Curse of the Golden Flower looks really good.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:26 pm

Mirage wrote: Is anyone into chinese movies? like hero, house of flying daggers. Curse of the Golden Flower looks really good.

The only one I know is Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (if that's a Chinese movie). To my surprise, that movie was awesome. I'd thought the movie was all about martial arts but it wasn't. It had a deep storyline to it. I would say that it's one of the most romantic movies ever made.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:19 am

Another funny driving moment....I drove over the sidewalk to get to a parking space. :lol: Now, how many of you would like to get in a car with me?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:08 am

Not about driving, but sort of embarrassing/funny: There was this long line waiting to get tickets for the homecoming (American) football game. Seriously, they had police cars and road flares and the whole 9 yards. Me and my friend were going to cut since our other friends were already at the front, so we started walking and I tripped over this ditch in front of this group of junior or senior guys. They asked me if I was okay, so they were pretty nice about it.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:57 pm

tracylynn wrote:Another funny driving moment....I drove over the sidewalk to get to a parking space. :lol: Now, how many of you would like to get in a car with me?

:lol: Haha good on you. I don't look forward to parking though.
My provisional drivers license came today. Man I look awful on it... there's no hint that i'm even actually alive in the pic.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:19 pm

Mirage wrote:
tracylynn wrote:Another funny driving moment....I drove over the sidewalk to get to a parking space. :lol: Now, how many of you would like to get in a car with me?

:lol: Haha good on you. I don't look forward to parking though.
My provisional drivers license came today. Man I look awful on it... there's no hint that i'm even actually alive in the pic.

Everyone tells me that my driver license's photo is nice because I look alive and I'm smiling. You won't confused me with a dead person. LOL!!

As for my driving, well, my father is now learning about all the incidents I had when I drove his car. This is his face when I tell him... :shock:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:06 pm

I've always said it. Women can't drive.... and this ^^proves it :P
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:17 am

FC Bajern wrote:

I've always said it. Women can't drive.... and this ^^proves it :P

Women can drive. At least, we'll stop and ask for directions while men just keep driving in circles. I guess that's how Nascar was formed. :P

Actually, all of my driving incidents happened when I was first learning how to drive and that was 5 years ago.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:14 am

If i am not mistaken all ex and present commonwealth countries drive on the left.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

General Chat Thread

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:56 pm

This thread is for chit chating about anything. I've noticed that some people get off topic (including myself) in other threads, and this is a way to keep your conversation going without interuption. This will also reduce the amount of threads being open for just a question or just an interesting article you found on the net, and keep the forum clean and also avoiding threads being locked.

So go ahead ask questions, argue, talk with somebody. whatever
Last edited by FC Bajern on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FC Bajern

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge