You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:35 am

MaCk0y wrote:Does the 'free kick inside the penalty area' rule still apply in football ? I haven't seen one in ages! I miss seeing a whole team on the goal line. :P

What a day!

MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:59 am

FIFA Laws of the Game wrote:An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:
• controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing it from his possession
• touches the ball again with his hands after he has released it from his possession and before it has touched another player
• touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him by a team-mate
• touches the ball with his hands after he has received it directly from a throw-in taken by a team-mate

I wonder if the first 2 and the last one have happened in a professional match.

FIFA Laws of the Game wrote:Free kick inside the penalty area

Direct or indirect free kick to the defending team:
• all opponents must be at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball
• all opponents must remain outside the penalty area until the ball is in play
• the ball is in play when it is kicked directly out of the penalty area
• a free kick awarded in the goal area may be taken from any point inside that area

Indirect free kick to the attacking team:
• all opponents must be at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball until it is in play, unless they are on their own goal line between the goalposts
• the ball is in play when it is kicked and moves
• an indirect free kick awarded inside the goal area must be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the
infringement occurred

FIFA Laws of the Game wrote:• if a direct free kick is kicked directly into the team’s own goal, a corner kick is awarded to the opposing team
• if an indirect free kick is kicked directly into the team’s own goal, a corner kick is awarded to the opposing team

Did not know about this. :oops: I want to see this happening! :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby quaazi » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:57 am

Yeah, refs don't have the balls to award those anymore these days. :|
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:20 am

I know I saw one last season but I can't remember what game it was. Probably a local one. :)
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:21 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Did not know about this. :oops: I want to see this happening! :)

Didn't Bayern win a championship once scoring from one of those at the very last minute?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:28 pm

tflags wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:Did not know about this. :oops: I want to see this happening! :)

Didn't Bayern win a championship once scoring from one of those at the very last minute?

You mean that the opposing team scored an own goal from a freekick and then Bayern scored from the resulting corner kick?

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk 4
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby tflags » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:38 pm

No, I mean this one:

Wiki'sumtin wrote:Hamburg vs. Bayern Munich, 19 May 2001: The final day of the Bundesliga season saw Bayern Munich in the lead to Schalke by three points. Due to their inferior goal difference, Bayern needed at least a draw at their match at Hamburger SV to secure the championship, while Schalke faced SpVgg Unterhaching at home and managed to win 5–3. In the 90th minute of the Bayern match, a goal by Sergej Barbarez put Hamburg 1–0 up and, believing that Schalke had won their first Bundesliga championship for over forty years, Schalke fans ran onto the pitch to celebrate the title even though the match in Hamburg still wasn't over. In the third minute of extra time, Hamburg goalkeeper Mathias Schober - who ironically was on loan from Schalke for the second half of the season - picked up an alleged back pass with his hands and referee Markus Merk awarded an indirect free-kick for Bayern about eight metres from the Hamburg goal. Bayern defender Patrik Andersson shot the ball through the wall of Hamburg defenders into the net making Bayern the league champions for the 17th time in club history. Schalke would later be dubbed 'champion of hearts' due to their close loss of Bundesliga title they believed to have already won.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby quaazi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Them crying Schalke fans are one of the greatest sights I've ever seen.

(don't tell Neuer!)
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:43 pm

tflags wrote:No, I mean this one:

Wiki'sumtin wrote:Hamburg vs. Bayern Munich, 19 May 2001: The final day of the Bundesliga season saw Bayern Munich in the lead to Schalke by three points. Due to their inferior goal difference, Bayern needed at least a draw at their match at Hamburger SV to secure the championship, while Schalke faced SpVgg Unterhaching at home and managed to win 5–3. In the 90th minute of the Bayern match, a goal by Sergej Barbarez put Hamburg 1–0 up and, believing that Schalke had won their first Bundesliga championship for over forty years, Schalke fans ran onto the pitch to celebrate the title even though the match in Hamburg still wasn't over. In the third minute of extra time, Hamburg goalkeeper Mathias Schober - who ironically was on loan from Schalke for the second half of the season - picked up an alleged back pass with his hands and referee Markus Merk awarded an indirect free-kick for Bayern about eight metres from the Hamburg goal. Bayern defender Patrik Andersson shot the ball through the wall of Hamburg defenders into the net making Bayern the league champions for the 17th time in club history. Schalke would later be dubbed 'champion of hearts' due to their close loss of Bundesliga title they believed to have already won.

Mofattal posted the video at the top of this page. ;) But I was referring to the own goal from a freekick-corner-goal situation.

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk 4
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Re: Toni Kroos

Postby lau03143 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:30 pm

I think it's just that Goal.com is a poor website.

I've started reading Bleacher report a lot more recently. They aren't so much into the tabloid headlines that Goal.com are susceptible to do.

Our style is definitely not Tiki-Taka, and kroos with his range of passing fits in perfectly with us!

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk 2
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MoFattal » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:39 pm

B/R also has its limitations, but it is definitely better journalism than Goal.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Bazi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Imo Bleacherreport is even worse than goal.com.

On goal.com everybody is aware that this site is a gossip pithole and one has to take stories with a grain (or truckload) of salt.

Bleacherreport on the other hand wants to be taken seriously. On the outside they appear to be sports journalists but in reality they spread almost as much non-sense, biased and prejudiced shit as goal.com. What makes it even more dangerous is that the shit they publish gets some kind of legitimization through a few professional guest writers and commentators.

So yeah, I think B/R is a very bad website regarding football.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Tedesco » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:49 pm

Any other suggestions or are we doomed to horrible news sources?
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bazi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:18 am

Tedesco wrote:Any other suggestions or are we doomed to horrible news sources?

Well the likes of Sid Lowe, Gab Marcotti and Rafael Honigstein as well as some of the English writers on guardian.co.uk, skysports.co.uk etc. do a good job. Bundesligafanatic can be interesting as well but it's not a classical newssite.

If you know who writes quality articles and who doesn't then you can of course visit B/R, espnfc and goal.com. Still there is no one website I'd recommend 100% but that's normal I guess.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AdepT » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:34 am

Bazi wrote:
Tedesco wrote:Any other suggestions or are we doomed to horrible news sources?

Well the likes of Sid Lowe, Gab Marcotti and Rafael Honigstein as well as some of the English writers on guardian.co.uk, skysports.co.uk etc. do a good job. Bundesligafanatic can be interesting as well but it's not a classical newssite.

If you know who writes quality articles and who doesn't then you can of course visit B/R, espnfc and goal.com. Still there is no one website I'd recommend 100% but that's normal I guess.

I too would recommend Guardian. Comments are moderated so less trolls.
Another one I visit is espnfc. Uli Hesse does Buli blog and several individual bloggers of different teams are also pretty good.

@Bazi : To the best of my knowledge, Marcotti isn't on guardian, he's on espnfc.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge