You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby tracylynn » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:06 pm

Thanks for all the support guys!! My father will be having his surgery on the 25th of this month. He'll have his left kidney remove but they will also check to see if the cancer has spread to any other organs. I hope that it hasn't spread.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:43 pm

I hope it hasn't too! Good luck to your dad for his operation.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:44 pm

Paddy wrote:Bigger salary, better league, better team. :D

thats why i respect the players that say they just wanna play football.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:30 pm

Mirage wrote:

And not to many players actually say that. :P
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:27 pm

tracylynn wrote:
Mirage wrote:

True. Some guy who plays for Queens Park Rangers said it recently though, so it does actually happen ;)
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:23 pm

Well, Becks is finally here so break out the champagne bottle and celebrate. :roll: They did a survery in my area and the three choices were 1) will watch Beckham play, 2) watch Posh's reality special instead or 3) don't care about either one. Which one do you think had the highest percentage? If you guessed number 3 then congratulations! You're right on the money.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:49 pm

tracylynn wrote:
Mirage wrote:

yeah well... I´d rather sit on the bench and watch good football than play for Stuttgart. And besides I think he was promised first team but then president stepped down and new coach came and he doesn´t think they need him but he already signed a pre-contract. Or something like that.
Anyways when it comes to Goalkeepers reputation matters, thats why you wont see Hildebrand in the goal unless until Canizares retires, and we have the same situation.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:17 am

My apologies to those who are sick of hearing about Beckham, but there's been a flood of media coverage over here on the West Coast. This particular article talks about the differences between USA and international football and how he has to adjust to them. The one point that really stuck out to me is the question of whether or not he'll get "star-treatment" from the refs. The USA refs aren't too good in comparison with international refs, so they might "protect" Becks by whistling anything that looks like a foul on him or by disregarding any fouls that Becks commits.

This problem isn't too prevalent in international football (at least of what I know of), but definitely could be one here in the US. The little respect that the MLS and its refs gets from the rest of the footballing community could go down the drain.

Has this ever been a problem in global football? If not, do you think it will be a problem in the US?
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:18 pm

I hear Posh's reality show has been panned by critics. I don't like one of the comments made in the New York Times though. It said something like "she is photographed a lot in Britain." It just sounds very ignorant to me, almost condescending. It airs here tomorrow night and I'll watch it for the hell of it if I remember, if I can get this 3000 word essay in ;) the trailers look shite, it looks pretty appaling but I'll watch it anyway.

Interesting article on difference between International and MLS football. I can't comment on MLS refs, in fact i had no idea that they could be biased. That's very bad. People say there is a problem with this in International games, because refs make mistakes sometimes (coughGrahamPollcough) but otherwise there's few problems that I know of.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:54 pm

Well, I can not comment on the US refs because I really don't know. However, I think all refs, no matter what their nationality is, can be bias.

As for Posh's reality show, well, I did hear that the president of NBC was complaining about it because her show was supposed to be a series (more than one show) but they had to cut in down to one show due to the fact that most of the material she gave them was her shopping. He was saying something to the effect that the show had no substance to it. I love her comment about how her and David are just normal people. Yeah, right, normal people who spend over $200,000 on clothes. :roll:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:46 pm

I didn't know Henry was getting a divorce!

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/news/Ar ... id=5541567
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:10 pm

Mirage, did you watch the special on Posh? I didn't. If you did then tell us how it was.

As for Henry's divorce, well, it won't hurt his wallet. Now, Michael Jordon, whom I did not know had gotten divorce, well he's wife had gotten tons of money. They say that Paul McCartney's divorce settlement probably won't come close to Jordon's.

BTW...my town lost the bid to premire Ths Simpsons movie. Heck, so many folks in this town were complaining about the film and that they didn't want the town associated with "that crap" (as they called it) that they were protesting anything that had to do with the show. I swear I live in a town full of idiots.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:36 pm

Beckham mania is hitting Fox Soccer channel. They have created a weekly show called 'David Beckham USA Soccer" that will showcase his every move with the LA Galaxy, :roll: I think they're pushing him just too much.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:10 am

The MLS just keeps getting more and more news. They've decided to reward the Bay Area (where I live) an expansion franchise: the San Jose Earthquakes. Yay! The Earthquakes were once already established in San Jose, but lack of a stadium forced the owners to move them to Houston (where they became the Houston Dynamo and won the MLS Cup last year). They'll start playing in April 08.

Cool thing: Before moving to Houston, the Quakes used to kick the Galaxy's butt every game. I smell another rivalry.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:02 am

Didn't LA Galaxy lost a game 0-3 the other day? from some team called Tigres? I wonder if Beckams ass was playing?
FC Bajern

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge