You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby meister » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:23 am

I'm rooting for Newell's. they are playing really good
meister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:10 am

Commodore wrote:I'm firmly in the Atléltico Mineiro camp, by the way.

I'm in the "don't care about these primitive savages playing outside Europe" camp.

Hey, what can you do, xenophobia is a commonly accepted trait amongst us football fans, just ask our precious ultras. :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:55 pm

BayernLove wrote:
lau03143 wrote:The Egyptian concept of Democracy is certainly unique.

Things not going their way within a year. Let's start a "mass" protest and oust the government.

A daring, yet failed shot at reductio ad absurdum, read Assem's post as to why.

Not so.

I appreciate the complex socio-economic problem Egypt has. There's no way I can even remotely relate to their situation. But they were elected by a majority and have only been in a year. Is it not better to work with the system rather than over through it by a pseudo-coup by the armed forces.

I hope the Egyptians get the stability they need out this. But I fear this may be the start of a protracted series of civil disturbances.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:12 pm

True, the former regime was democratically elected, but the people moved quickly when Morsi took several steps to consolidate his and the MB's power. We made a lot of mistakes in the past two years, and now we're finally learning from them. A constitution will be written before a president is elected, a parliament will be formed and then we'll have a president. While many call this a military coup, this isn't a textbook example of such. Tamarod, which basically means rebel, was/is a campaign that gathered votes from adult Egyptians who lost confidence in the president for the actions I mentioned earlier. The campaign gathered 22 million votes. This means that 22 million adults, signed a ballot with their name, signature and social security number to participate in a vote of no confidence. Instead of seeing that the people were unhappy with his decisions and trying to compromise, Morsi became more bellicose and stuck to his guns, calling us thugs in the process. The whole thing is a very unfortunate situation, but it is a situation we must undergo in order to become a modern country.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:53 pm

From what I have read about it in recent days, what I find disturbing is the way the military acted: "Either step aside or we're going to force you and draw a roadmap for the country the way we want it". Granted, I have not followed the situation close enough to know whether people knew what this roadmap is and whether they were backing it, but it doesn't sound that good.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby BayernLove » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:07 pm

lau03143 wrote: But they were elected by a majority and have only been in a year.

I hate your "it's only been a year" argument so much.
In this quote, think of it this way - You buy a shiny, gold plated piece of sh*t and put it up as a trophy.
Over the course of a year, it stinks so bad you have to throw it away after the year, but it's stuck there no matter how many times you try to scrape it off, Then you get it out and replace it with ... Well... Something slightly less bad until you can find something decent, and that is the Egypt situation explained.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLove » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:16 pm

But I'd rather not butt in TOO much, as Assem knows better
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:23 am

You have to keep in mind that the Brotherhood are not a political party, but rather the Arab equivalent of the Masons or the Mafia.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCB general » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:10 pm

So, the Egyptian people don't want radical islamism, right? Or they are only unhappy with economical situation?
The same thing might happen in Turkey, but Erdogan really worked hard to remove possible crisis, putting Turkish generals in prison to stop possible coup and stop them.

I don't want to insult anyone here, but my humble opinion is that democracy(EU type) is not possible in states where islam is a dominant religion. We also must keep that in mind that democracy is not the only right way of rule, but I think neither it's radical islam with Sharia laws nor fascism, etc. But if people have decided for something, it's their choice whether be good or wrong and nobody outside some country have no right to change that. But as we can see, it's exactly that.

The last thing, every single nation in any time can decide what they want, no matter is there only 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 years left until the end of someone's reign. There is no precise timing in dissatisfaction and anger of people.

People in Croatia are unhappy with almost everything, but they only know to shout and stay at home in their couches and keep repeating same shít, but not to stand up, move their asses like in Egypt, Brazil, Slovenia, many world countries and fight, protest and demand their rights and justice or throw them[politicians- read corrupt thieves is expensive suits] down.
I admire to many nations who fight for what they want unlike my own people.

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:38 pm

I agree with your many of your points. Regarding why people are dissatisfied, it's because we're living in a failing country headed by incompetent fascists. People were deceived when they voted for the MB, but after a year of everything failing, we've discovered that they're simply inept, not to mention radicals who resort to violence to silence critics. Let's not forget that in 2006, Hamas was democratically elected, look at Gaza now. We wanted to avoid this situation, since the MB and Hamas are two peas in a pod. The best way to describe this whole situation is if someone bought a new tire for his car, then it deflated the next day. Does the driver keep driving since it's a new tire? No, they replace it to avoid a catastrophe.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:03 pm

I stole this from another forum I visit, it pretty much sums up what I think about the situation.

I find it interesting that in all the blanket coverage of Egypt right now, nobody really seems to be talking about the bigger picture. Egypt is now the world's biggest importer of grain. There are upwards of 80 million people crammed into a narrow band of fertile land surrounded by a barren desert that doesn't even have any oil to speak of. There are far more people in Egypt than they can ever hope to be able to feed. As such they're extremely vulnerable to swings in global commodity prices. When the price of food shoots up, as it did a couple of years ago, then you get massive pressure on the living standards of Egyptians. This is what toppled Mubarak and it's what will also topple Morsi. Morsi has of course made things much worse because his hardline islamism is a major turnoff to foreign tourists. Tourist bookings have collapsed in Egypt since he came to power, which has been catastrophic for the economy. Economic prosperity is far more important to most Egyptians than their political rights because their overpopulation makes them so very vulnerable to economic shocks. Mubarak was doing fine until the economic crisis hit, and I suspect after the last few years most Egyptians would be ambivalent about the prospect of a military coup.

What they need first and foremost is stability, and I suspect they'll end up with some kind of a strongman.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 pm

I think this describes it perfectly. Mubarak, El Sadat and Abdel Nasser did all sorts of horrible things to the people from time to time, but they are all revered because they gave people their basic rights. There was tourism, Egypt was highly respected, there was little inflation, etc. Keep in mind that things could get much worse if our economic situation further worsens, since the government will be forced to reduce food and oil subsidies.

Here's an introduction to the Muslim Brotherhood for the unfamiliar. [source]
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Something I'd just like to express.
Ever since joining this forum, I've had trouble looking at other football forums; they're all a mess in comparison to BayernForum. Today, for example, I had to drop by RedCafe to catch a glimpse of their meltdown. Finding the Thiago thread wasn't hard, but the fact that the Thiago thread was one of tens of thousands just lying there kind of confused me. There's no sense of organization at all, no specific pages for Players, Matches, Injuries, etc. I'd like to just express gratitude to out Admins, Moderators (and Firefox :P) for maintaining this place's structure, organization and content. Good job.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:39 pm

Agreed. I might call you bad things every now and then, but you guys are doing a fabulous job keeping this forum up.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:27 am

AssemFCB wrote:Something I'd just like to express.
Ever since joining this forum, I've had trouble looking at other football forums; they're all a mess in comparison to BayernForum. Today, for example, I had to drop by RedCafe to catch a glimpse of their meltdown. Finding the Thiago thread wasn't hard, but the fact that the Thiago thread was one of tens of thousands just lying there kind of confused me. There's no sense of organization at all, no specific pages for Players, Matches, Injuries, etc. I'd like to just express gratitude to out Admins, Moderators (and Firefox :P) for maintaining this place's structure, organization and content. Good job.

This brought tears to my eyes ;)
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge