You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby tracylynn » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:17 pm

podolski4life wrote:On the topic with Becks... It looks like he's going to give a lecture at the University of Southern California about how football can change the world. I don't know how much this will impact the US, seeing as tracylynn said that 80% of southern California don't even know who Becks is. Word of advice to Becks: make sure you explain what "football" is, as opposed to "soccer."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 977465.ece

Wow!! I can't believe he's going to be part of a lecture on how the sport can change the world. I wonder if he's going to be the only athlete on the panel? Probably so.

I love the comment about why Posh's reality show was cut to a one hour show..."we wanted real life and all we got was shopping." LOL!!! I guess they didn't understand why her nickname was Posh and not Old Spice, :D

Nothing against David but I really do believe that some of the things he is doing is rubbing some folks the wrong way. He has to mingle more with Hollywood than anyone else and it's because of his wife. Normally, Hollywood stars goes to the players to mingle and be seen and not the other way around.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Joke

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:33 pm

FC Bajern wrote:An 84-year-old went to his doctor for his quarterly check-up. The doctor asked him how he was feeling and the 84-year-old said, "Things are great and I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. So what do you think about that?" The doctor considered his question for a minute and then began. "I have an older friend, much like you, who is an avid hunter and never misses a season. One day when he was setting off hunting, he was in a bit of a hurry and accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun. As he neared a lake he came across a very large male beaver sitting at the water's edge. He realized he'd left his gun at home and so couldn't shoot the magnificent creature but out of habit he raised his cane, aimed it at the animal as if it were his favorite hunting rifle and went 'bang, bang'. Miraculously, two shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. Now, what do you think of that?" asked the doctor. The 84-year-old said, "If you ask me, I'd say somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that beaver." The doctor replied, "My point exactly".

I so copy and paste that...

muwahahaha!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Joke

Postby kevh26 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
FC Bajern wrote:An 84-year-old went to his doctor for his quarterly check-up. The doctor asked him how he was feeling and the 84-year-old said, "Things are great and I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. So what do you think about that?" The doctor considered his question for a minute and then began. "I have an older friend, much like you, who is an avid hunter and never misses a season. One day when he was setting off hunting, he was in a bit of a hurry and accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun. As he neared a lake he came across a very large male beaver sitting at the water's edge. He realized he'd left his gun at home and so couldn't shoot the magnificent creature but out of habit he raised his cane, aimed it at the animal as if it were his favorite hunting rifle and went 'bang, bang'. Miraculously, two shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. Now, what do you think of that?" asked the doctor. The 84-year-old said, "If you ask me, I'd say somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that beaver." The doctor replied, "My point exactly".

I so copy and paste that...

muwahahaha!

that's great!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:53 pm

Well, officials in South America are upset because the US sent their "b" team to the Copa America and kept their star players at home. I don't know if I would call them the "b" team. More like a "f" team with how they played. I'm not sure if the US is going to get another invitation to the tournament but they might. I don't understand how the US says it wants to be taken seriously and yet send a weak squad to the tournament. :roll:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:07 pm

Well, I might be gone for awhile. I jsut found out that my father has kidney cancer and he will be having surgery here in the next week to remove his kidney. The doctors do not know if the cancer has spread or not and they won't know until they perform the surgery. Due to these circumstances I might not be around the board as much as I like.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:00 pm

tracylynn wrote:Well, I might be gone for awhile. I jsut found out that my father has kidney cancer and he will be having surgery here in the next week to remove his kidney. The doctors do not know if the cancer has spread or not and they won't know until they perform the surgery. Due to these circumstances I might not be around the board as much as I like.

I'm sorry to hear this :( I hope he gets well soon! Keep us updated!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Timo Hildebrand in Valencia :-k
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 pm

Interesting to hear that Timo left Stuggart for Valenica. Oh well. whatever.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:10 pm

And the winner for the best hairdo on any football player goes to.....

Abel Xavier of the LA Galaxy. LOL!!! :lol:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:42 pm

He is in LA Galaxy? I thought he quit playing or something.

to tell you the truth his face looks just like my neighbors monkey
FC Bajern

Postby podolski4life » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:35 am

tracylynn wrote:Well, officials in South America are upset because the US sent their "b" team to the Copa America and kept their star players at home. I don't know if I would call them the "b" team. More like a "f" team with how they played. I'm not sure if the US is going to get another invitation to the tournament but they might. I don't understand how the US says it wants to be taken seriously and yet send a weak squad to the tournament. :roll:

Haha, my dad and I were having a discussion about this in the car a few days ago. IIRC, they fielded only 7 players who had some international experience, but the rest of the players had no experience whatsoever. Their reasoning was that they wanted to get the inexperienced guys some exposure and playing time. It doesn't make sense, because the next big event for the US is the CONCACAF, so wouldn't you want to give your top-players experience in the Copa? Ugh.

Tracylynn, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Best wishes to you and your family.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:56 am

tracylynn wrote:Well, I might be gone for awhile. I jsut found out that my father has kidney cancer and he will be having surgery here in the next week to remove his kidney. The doctors do not know if the cancer has spread or not and they won't know until they perform the surgery. Due to these circumstances I might not be around the board as much as I like.

sorry to hear that Tracy..I hope he gets well soon..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:17 pm

That's awful news, Tracy, I hope he is better soon!!

Why has Timo gone to Valencia, when he's not even gonna be guaranteed a place in the starting 11?!
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:48 pm

Bigger salary, better league, better team. :D
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:04 pm

podolski4life wrote:
tracylynn wrote:Well, officials in South America are upset because the US sent their "b" team to the Copa America and kept their star players at home. I don't know if I would call them the "b" team. More like a "f" team with how they played. I'm not sure if the US is going to get another invitation to the tournament but they might. I don't understand how the US says it wants to be taken seriously and yet send a weak squad to the tournament. :roll:

Haha, my dad and I were having a discussion about this in the car a few days ago. IIRC, they fielded only 7 players who had some international experience, but the rest of the players had no experience whatsoever. Their reasoning was that they wanted to get the inexperienced guys some exposure and playing time. It doesn't make sense, because the next big event for the US is the CONCACAF, so wouldn't you want to give your top-players experience in the Copa? Ugh.

Tracylynn, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Best wishes to you and your family.

I also heard that the US said that all that matter to them was winning the CONCACAF Gold Cup, which they did, therefore this tournament was not that important. If it wasn't so important then why even bother participating in it? No wonder the rest of the world thinks we suck at the sport. Heck, we want respect but we don't even take the game seriously. IMO, I don't think the US deserves to be invited to Copa America tournament for a long time. I think their actions and comments were a slap in the face to the teams that participated.
tracylynn
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge