You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby tracylynn » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:42 pm

Mirage wrote:A hell of a lot of people here and in the world, especially Western Europe, have such a low opinion of America and I wonder when this will change.

Never. Especially with the idiot that we have running this country. Plus, a lot of Americans tend to think that they are superior to everyone else and don't understand why the rest of the world don't believe in the same things we do or do exactly what we do. I hate that so much.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:28 pm

Well, I`m not sure that I understood you tracylynn! can you please explain more... when you said: "why the rest of the world don't believe in the same things we do or do exactly what we do"? :!:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:41 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:Well, I`m not sure that I understood you tracylynn! can you please explain more... when you said: "why the rest of the world don't believe in the same things we do or do exactly what we do"? :!:

You should start reading from the beginning of the sentence, "Plus, a lot of...." and you'll understand
FC Bajern

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:15 pm

I did read from the beginning of the sentence. O:) and I understand what she meant of a lot of Americans tend to think that they are superior to everyone else.. but what is a little bit dark for me... when she asked.. why the rest of the world don`t believe in the same things the Americans do or do exactly what they do?.. I mean.. what excatly the Americans belive in? is it that they superior to everyone else?! so, she wonders why don`t we believe in that?!!!
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:04 pm

FC Bajern

Postby Mirage » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:30 pm

FC Bajern wrote:Image

Oii...
But what Tracylynn said seems to be the view other countries take on America: Americans thinking themselves superior. Its interesting to hear this coming from an American though :?
I can't believe George Bush is... what he is. He seems to be the only one at the G8 summits who refuses to sign the important stuff and pledge America to stopping climate change and all that. As soon as Bush is gone, I think the state of American relations will get a hell of a lot better tbh.
I dunno, I don't know much about politics :P
What does the outside world think of Tony Blair? I don't really get an idea, being British and all.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:30 pm

Mirage wrote:What does the outside world think of Tony Blair? I don't really get an idea, being British and all.

Puppet of George Bush!!!... :P
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:18 pm

There`s no need to be rude! :!:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Bajern » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:50 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:

There`s no need to be rude! :!:

How the hell was I rude, you don't even know what that means, I'm not even replying to this anymore. :roll: peace
FC Bajern

Postby Duncan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:00 pm

Anybody already enjoying weekend like me? 8)
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:54 pm

yeah, went out tonight. had some drinks and all. was ok :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:33 am

This weekend I got an induction day for a new job at a supermarket :P I'm on checkout.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:24 pm

Duncan wrote:Anybody already enjoying weekend like me? 8)

I still got some exams to do, so can't party a lot atm.. anyone else got exams?

So what about the summer plans :?: Anyone going somewhere special??

I'm going to Mallorca for a week, hoping to see lots of spanish girls in bikini :D
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Duncan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:37 pm

my exams this semester start at the 17th of next month and the last one is on 8th of August. But unfortunately I have a scientific project running that needs my lots of my attention in the semester break, therefore I don't have any special plans for this year. :roll:
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:21 pm

Not to start any fighting on this board but let me try to explain what I had said earlier. I know what I say might be offensive or some don't understand it since I'm an American, but I'm just saying it because this is what I have learned from living here and from traveling.

When I said that Americans don't understand why folks don't believe in the same thing as we do, what I meant by that is that Americans tend to think that the rest of the world should think about freedom and what it means. What I mean by freedom is how equal everyone is treated and such, can you speak your mind freely, and so on. We want everyone else to think the same as we do but if you examine us closely then you will see that we're a bunch of hypocrites.

First of all, we're supposed to have freedom of speech but yet we get so upset when someone says something so un-PC. Some things may not sound nice but under the Constitution one has to right to say those things.

Secondly, we're not equal in this country. There's still a lot of discrimination going on. As they say, if you're not a rich white man than nothing is going to be easy for you. No matter how hard we try to break down the barriers, some folks won't change their ways.

Thirdly, we're a country that consumes the most and we also have, if not the highest then one of the highest, crime rates. With all the violence that we have, people think guns are the answer. We're a violent country.

That is just a few things. Not all Americans are like that. Some do tend to observe the world around them and learn and see that we have problems. Not to say that this is a bad country because it's not. It has problems just like everyone else though most folks want to ignore 'em.

A few interesting tidbits...when France didn't support Bush's decision to go to war, a lot of folks, and I do mean a lot, got upset. So upset that instead of saying French fries, you had to say freedom fries. Anything that had the word "french" in it had to be changed to "freedom." I, for one, still said french fries because that's not a creation of France.

Ok. Now to a more pleasant things....
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge