You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby The Spyware » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Happy Birthday man :D
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby shileno » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:59 pm

Happy birthday appudds :)
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby hgb09 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Happy birthday
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AvatarX » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:21 pm

Happy birthday appudds :D
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby KAHN » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Happy birthday Appudds =D>
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby appudds » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:29 am

Thanks a lot MUTU, Mackoy, FC BayernMunchen, The spyware, hgb09, AvatarX and KAHN.. :)
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby AvatarX » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 pm

We live in a media driven society:

Without Steve Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011) we would have:
No iProducts
No over expensive laptops

Without Dennis Ritchie (September 9, 1941 – October 12, 2011) we would have:
No Windows
No Unix
No C
No Programs
A large setback in computing
No Generic-text Languages.
We would all read in Binary..

They died in the same year and the same month but it seems only few notice the death of Dennis Ritchie compared to Steve Jobs.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby tflags » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Funny, I would have thought of all people, the Unix community would be standing in line first to thank Jobs for its revival of a decaying OS that now sits on almost every phone and tablet in the planet and one of the hippiest PCs & laptops around. And BTW, MACs are not expensive. PCs are simply cheap. You can't expect a gallizion companies competing against each other coming up with the same price as another one who makes its own hardware and the software that runs it now, do you?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby KAHN » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:41 am

Well probably as much as 90% of inventors never earned big money on there inventions. But people who sometimes didn't even know anything about those inventions make millions on them. Economics is a science that in this world tops everything else. All your knowledge and intellect counts for nothing if you don't know how to sell it.
About Ritchie, well at list he lived a good and wealthy life and was prised for his work. Unlike a lot of other geniuses who spend there whole lives in poverty and without any recognition.
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby AvatarX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:31 am

tflags wrote:Funny, I would have thought of all people, the Unix community would be standing in line first to thank Jobs for its revival of a decaying OS that now sits on almost every phone and tablet in the planet and one of the hippiest PCs & laptops around.

I disagree. Decaying OS? Unix / Linux is the majority of servers worldwide. Not much in desktops, but in servers still the most popular solution (64% - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_shar ... ms#Servers ). And actually if we (I count myself a part of Unix community as I use almost only Linux for more than the past decade) have to thank someone, this is Google for Android which is based on Linux kernel, not Jobs for this closed source and limited license iOS (Apple, Inc. does not license iOS for installation on third-party hardware.)

tflags wrote:You can't expect a gallizion companies competing against each other coming up with the same price as another one who makes its own hardware and the software that runs it now, do you?

Actually the reason of Apple products being so expensive is that they wanted to be that expensive. That's why they didn't give license to permit running their software in other hardware (similar to IBM compatibles hardware of the late 80's - the reason why PC became so cheap...

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:03 am

Apple is every bit as much of an evil corporate empire as Microsoft is. The difference is marketing.

I would love to use free software instead, but lack of support for programs and games means my Ubuntu CD is being used as a coaster. :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:28 am

quaazi wrote:I would love to use free software instead, but lack of support for programs and games means my Ubuntu CD is being used as a coaster. :P

A lot of things depend on what you need to do most of the times, but surely Windows are much more friendly and appropriate for a desktop user, while for servers Linux / Unix are more easier to be automated etc.

Ubuntu coaster? :P In my work I have a windows 7 original CD as a coaster, just to tease my coworkers who like them (I use Linux there, too) :P

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:24 am

Yeah, that's true. I'm not ready for the shift to advanced mode that are Unix based systems just yet.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Mac OS X, iOS, Next OS (or whatever that name was). Aren't they all Unix variants? And you are wrong. Thanks to Jobs, Unix is the new solution to consumer devices, the other side being Google's bargain priced purchase Android.
And you can't expect a company who values its products not to choose the closed solution route. Most computer literate users want freedom & control of their devices, but not so the average user who just wants a device for a specific purpose. That is why apple stores around the world are full of people trying & testing their products. If you call that a failure well, please I want to fail miserably....
If you appreciate Google, well, Google certainly appreciates all they learned from sitting and copying ideas from Apple board meetings until they got kicked out...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AvatarX » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:41 pm

tflags wrote: If you call that a failure well, please I want to fail miserably....

I don't call it failure, but a marketing masterpiece. Marketing, and design, not coding.

tflags wrote:And you can't expect a company who values its products not to choose the closed solution route

Well, imagine if Ritchie did not give the code of Unix and C. Then Jobs would not have the basic structure for OSX and then iOS to sell his goodies :)

tflags wrote:If you appreciate Google, well, Google certainly appreciates all they learned from sitting and copying ideas from Apple board meetings until they got kicked out...

Actually I don't like Google either, because they have a strange perception of user's privacy boundaries. In general I'm not very fond of those 3 big corporations (Microsoft included) who in their fields almost monopoly the users choices. It is always better to have many choices. IMHO less Choice means less Freedom.

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge