You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Element » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Now the president of Egypt ordered a Curfew from 6 pm till 7 am in Cairo , Alexandria and Suez
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Element wrote:Not only this dude
ALSO SMS services have been stopped
But it is for today only because there was a plan of making huge demonstrations called the Friday of Anger

I remember the first weeks after the rigged election in Iran....
Everything was disconnected.... We lived in fear and no one knew what is happening exactly....
Rumors were the most prominent news agency! :mrgreen:

For all the sad memories I have from then, there is also a very bright memory, too...
The memory of us, people (a majority), coming together to the streets and resisting the cruel and unjust government.... It was sweet to be there.... and I'm looking forward to see what our friends in Eqypt will have to say about it....

I hope the whole middle-east gets free of these dictatorial/radical governments....
"" "" "" ""
Wake up, Mario!!! We need you!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Element » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:24 pm

dambun wrote:For all the sad memories I have from then, there is also a very bright memory, too...
The memory of us, people (a majority), coming together to the streets and resisting the cruel and unjust government.... It was sweet to be there.... and I'm looking forward to see what our friends in Eqypt will have to say about it..

Yeah , but really sorry to say what i am going to say but

Why Did Iran People fail Miserably , while The Tunisians already kicked out the president and also the temporary government because there were some ministers of the former regime in around 1.25 months !!!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Damn, these governments are so stupid :evil:
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Mazen96 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Man after seeing what is happening in Egypt i'm starting to be thankful of living in the ONLY TRULY democratic Country in the Middle East (Lebanon)Of course the country's corrupt and everythin but after seeing how easily the riots that had happened in Beirut earlier in the week were contained an how we solved everything by democracy, i'm being thankful of living in Lebanon (well who are we to judge anyways we've been living a cold war for the last 5 years :P)

Edit:Sorry For double post but my connection is crap currently.
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Egypt is governed by commies? Good luck with that! #-o
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby dambun » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Element wrote:
dambun wrote:For all the sad memories I have from then, there is also a very bright memory, too...
The memory of us, people (a majority), coming together to the streets and resisting the cruel and unjust government.... It was sweet to be there.... and I'm looking forward to see what our friends in Eqypt will have to say about it..

Yeah , but really sorry to say what i am going to say but

Why Did Iran People fail Miserably , while The Tunisians already kicked out the president and also the temporary government because there were some ministers of the former regime in around 1.25 months !!!

Because Iran's governors have learned their lesson from recent velvet revolutions in the nearby countries... so they've been ready for such days for a long time.... So there were lots of informal pseudo-militaristic units called "baseej" (militia) at the time of the coup... they've filled all the streets.... and killed and injured and prisoned lots of people and activists, including some of my close friends.... Also Russia helped them in developing these forces and also through propaganda.... So they've been able to spread the fear through many people's hearts.... Especially via IRIB (The only legal TV network in Iran which is conducted by government).... And when they've been able to block communications, people could not know what was happening... could not gather... and those who still went to street were treated so savagely -even some of them murdered and raped by the militia- and then shown on TV, so that no one has the courage to go to streets....

But in fact, they did not solve the problem for themselves... The number of those who are not happy with government is just increasing day by day.... and I'm sure they'll once again go to the streets and we'll see other great protests someday soon....
"" "" "" ""
Wake up, Mario!!! We need you!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby uzi716 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:08 am

Zer0 Bayern wrote:Egypt is governed by commies? Good luck with that! #-o

Not commies but one stupid dictator. Somehow he's won every election in the last 30 years by a land slide victory.
[-X
Its good the Egyptians are standing up for their rights.
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby KAHN » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:25 am

It is always good news that dictatorship are falling. When I look at how much some of the dictators are in power, mostly 30-40 years I am always really upset. But even worst is that in my experience after the old dictator fall always come new - much worse.

Also: The United States has pumped tens of millions of dollars into pro-democracy organisations in Egypt to the dismay of beleaguered President Hosni Mubarak, according to diplomatic cables obtained by WikiLeaks.

They do this everywhere! U.S. have great strategic plan on how to rule the world and are just watching how the wheels are turning. They have government that is working with us: we will support and abuse them them, they have government that do not support our goals: we will organize opposition and uprisings, people are in fact ready to fight government on there on , great we will sold them guns and then in the new elections we will sponsor or man's campaign and rule the suckers. They are prepared for every scenario! U.S. is always in win-win situation. You got to love them :evil:
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby uzi716 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:25 am

That is so contradictory! Its common knowledge that Egypt is one of America's allies and now it comes out we were actually against them.

Being American I could care less what we do as long as it doesn't affect me 8)
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:48 am

KAHN wrote:Also: The United States has pumped tens of millions of dollars into pro-democracy organisations in Egypt to the dismay of beleaguered President Hosni Mubarak, according to diplomatic cables obtained by WikiLeaks.

They do this everywhere! U.S. have great strategic plan on how to rule the world and are just watching how the wheels are turning. They have government that is working with us: we will support and abuse them them, they have government that do not support our goals: we will organize opposition and uprisings, people are in fact ready to fight government on there on , great we will sold them guns and then in the new elections we will sponsor or man's campaign and rule the suckers. They are prepared for every scenario! U.S. is always in win-win situation. You got to love them :evil:

You should watch Zeitgeist (the movie), especially the second one, where all this "policy" and its reasons (=money and political influence) are analyzed. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist:_The_Movie)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Element » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:11 pm

uzi716 wrote:Not commies but one stupid dictator. Somehow he's won every election in the last 30 years by a land slide victory.

Its good the Egyptians are standing up for their rights.

Dude , he won every election with 99.9% of vote

because he was the only candidate , once a president of a Party ran againt him , and suddenly that guy who ran against him went to prison for 5 years in charge of corruption !!!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:38 pm

If that was the case, then the people shouldn't have voted. What happens if 99% of the voting population does not vote ? Does the election still stand ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby Element » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:50 pm

MaCk0y wrote:If that was the case, then the people shouldn't have voted. What happens if 99% of the voting population does not vote ? Does the election still stand ?

Dude , do you think that it matters if they vote or not ?

They will fake the elections , besides if i remember correctly , there are no rules

The one with more votes win

and so if one runs alone , he automatically wins but they make the numbers because they have to !!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:55 pm

MaCk0y wrote:If that was the case, then the people shouldn't have voted. What happens if 99% of the voting population does not vote ? Does the election still stand ?

Of course. This is the election system in almost all countries. In US usually the abstention rate is very high (above 50%).

Actually in full democracy, 1% can actually decide the government if 99% of people won't vote. The abstention of voting shows anger, but nothing more.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge