You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General Chat Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:49 pm

If you like real football, get PES2011. If you like easy football, get FIFA11.

Haha, PES2011 is way more arcadey and unrealistic compared to FIFA11. And since FIFA09 when half of the konami staff (the guys behind the original PESseries, the good ones :P) shifted to EA, FIFA has gotten considerably better and more and more skillful. FIFA11 is quite possibly one of the most realistic football games to date. PES on the other hand still feels like something you would play in an old arcade machine (the speed, how easy it is to dribble, and players just running through the whole flank because of stats.) I don't see the amount of customization you get in FIFA from custom tactics, tactics on the fly, to edited formations.
My Bayern Munich Video Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FEfz_Vu3Q&feature=player_embedded

#1 Fan of Thomas Muller in starting 11
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Psychaz » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:
If you like real football, get PES2011. If you like easy football, get FIFA11.

Haha, PES2011 is way more arcadey and unrealistic compared to FIFA11. And since FIFA09 when half of the konami staff (the guys behind the original PESseries, the good ones :P) shifted to EA, FIFA has gotten considerably better and more and more skillful. FIFA11 is quite possibly one of the most realistic football games to date. PES on the other hand still feels like something you would play in an old arcade machine (the speed, how easy it is to dribble, and players just running through the whole flank because of stats.) I don't see the amount of customization you get in FIFA from custom tactics, tactics on the fly, to edited formations.

EA sports are just liars, they barely release any patches on any of their games and when they do they say they have fixed certain bugs when they havent, e.g growth of players in manager is still messed up, you buy a player say Neymar, can score 30 goals a season for a 5 years and he don't grow for shit( i mean stats not height lol). their customer support is terrible, and it costs per minute for their customer support line, cuz they hardly ever answer back to your emails. i posted a thread on their about a major bug on their forums and they deleted it, many people agreed wanted it fixed and they **** deleted it, and they were online because they answered some dude's question about golden boots
fifa is a good game but EA are punks, Fifa 11 is **** up period, wish they'd sell their licensing rights to 2k sports cuz they listen to their damn customers

sorry for the rant
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 pm

FIFA 2011 is better for computers , PES2011 better for Play station

PES has better Gameplay which is more realistic , and the Camera Angle is Superb , and also the edit position and Select Role For fromations is TOP

also there are always Patches , Edited Versions , Updated version of each game , some of them even fixes the wrong names , and updates kits

FIFA has the license for all teams , have Dozens of leagues , and better Game Modes (damn the Master League of PES i hate it )

But its Gameplay is too easy , you always feel that it is a bit old , and the Edit Squads and Teams is more limited and Complicated

about Consoles , PS3 is the best , Better Graphics and Blu-ray

Xbox is better for online games
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:13 pm

PS3 is the best , Better Graphics and Blu-ray

Is a myth. Many dual-platform games have performed considerably better graphically on the XBOX.

Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby KAHN » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:10 am

Element wrote:FIFA 2011 is better for computers , PES2011 better for Play station

PES has better Gameplay which is more realistic , and the Camera Angle is Superb , and also the edit position and Select Role For fromations is TOP

also there are always Patches , Edited Versions , Updated version of each game , some of them even fixes the wrong names , and updates kits

FIFA has the license for all teams , have Dozens of leagues , and better Game Modes (damn the Master League of PES i hate it )

But its Gameplay is too easy , you always feel that it is a bit old , and the Edit Squads and Teams is more limited and Complicated

about Consoles , PS3 is the best , Better Graphics and Blu-ray

Xbox is better for online games

PES2011 for PC is the the way to go! PESEdit patch has all the license teams , leagues, updates...
And you have a special little patch that removes all the scripts and most of the gameplay bugs! So you got almost prefect football game!
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby uzi716 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:25 am

raz25 wrote:Does anyone own a ps3? I'm thinking of buying one but I'm not sure of it's reliability.

I love my XBOX but you better get a warranty on it. I've burned through 3 so far. My current one has surprisingly lasted me over a while.

My brother's PS3 has been pretty reliable, didn't break down.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:18 am

KAHN wrote:PES2011 for PC is the the way to go! PESEdit patch has all the license teams , leagues, updates...
And you have a special little patch that removes all the scripts and most of the gameplay bugs! So you got almost prefect football game!

Can't agree more, excellent patch, the stats are bit underrated with some players but no big deal ;)

FIFA popularity is only because of the names and the teams, it's easy as hell to play and score goals. No offense but people who say that with PES you can't change tactics and make good football is because they don't know how to do it, a much more balanced and real game.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby raz25 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. It's nice to hear that nobody had any problems with it.

I'm favouring the ps3 over the 360 because of the blu ray and from what I know, the ps3 has better games like gran turismo 5 and uncharted.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:23 pm

FIFA popularity is only because of the names and the teams, it's easy as hell to play and score goals. No offense but people who say that with PES you can't change tactics and make good football is because they don't know how to do it, a much more balanced and real game.

If PES was the "more skillful" game it would have been selected for high level competitive tournaments like WCG & CGS. I'm just saying. Don't argue that its a popularity thing...because CS 1.6 which is a 10 year old game still is played in WCG because of the skill and competitiveness required over newer games like COD/BF/CSS etc...

Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby shileno » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:08 pm

Maybe it was because of the names? What about PES 6? There are many people that still play it, mostly because it's a great game. Besides, playing CL is simply amazing :D
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Paddy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:50 pm

If it was FIFA 07-10 on pc I'd agree PES is way better but with nexg gen gameplay, FIFA takes back the throne. But best sposrts simulation game is NBA 2K, it's almost like being there.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KAHN » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:43 am

Paddy wrote:If it was FIFA 07-10 on pc I'd agree PES is way better but with nexg gen gameplay, FIFA takes back the throne. But best sposrts simulation game is NBA 2K, it's almost like being there.

I agree about NBA 2K. The 2011 is the best sports game ever made IMO. But fifa on pc, come on man :roll:
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Paddy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:34 pm

FIFA 11 on pc has next gen, meaning it's basically the same as FIFA 10 on PS3 with a mixture of few things from FIFA World Cup. FIFA 11 is a big improvement. But you should use gamepad to be able to enjoy everything it has to offer.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CroCHEF » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:47 pm

:lol: :lol:
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:34 pm

I'm a PES player myself and prefer it over FIFA. I just think it's the better game, in all honesty. But I guess it's, like so many other things in life too, a matter of each person's individual taste.
MrLinky
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge