You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Football Video and Online Games

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Football Video and Online Games

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:52 pm

MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:Yes, I do. I have an XboX as well but I don't want to spend approximately 100 Euro a year just to play FIFA online (live account and cost of purchase of game), when I can download it for free :twisted: and play it online on my PC with BETTER GRAPHICS AND SOUND, and the same exact XboX controller (plus I have other controllers and also a keyboard).

With the 100 euros a year that I save, I upgrade my PC so I am always a step ahead of console gamers. Plus, my PC is faster for other things I use it for, as a result.

Strange, all these coming from a M$ Windows die-hard fan, who under normal circumstances would have to pay a lot more to have official windows, M$ office, photoshop etc. in his PC. Imagine if you had to pay for all those and not "download" them for free...

Your argument is that I should pay more money to MS? Strange coming from someone who wants to use open source OSes in order to avoid paying money to Microsoft, but then pays them 60 euros a year in order to play online (never mind the cost of the hardware)

It's not an argument, it's a fact. Normally you should pay a whole more for all those software and probably you have to pay in your work PCs.

The difference is that I choose not to "steal" and actually do my everyday work for the last 12 years with open source, and the main reason behind it is NOT the cost, but the philosophy behind it.

And I have nothing against M$ in general. They do have nice hardware that I use (XBOX, keyboard, mouse) :) . It's the software and the closed philosophy behind it that I disagree :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:53 pm

You win the most confusing post of the year award :-s
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:57 pm

You're getting off topic. Back to games, please. Use the General Chat thread to continue your arguments. It is getting interesting. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 pm

A little more off topic plz (I will stay on the consoles vs PC area though):

The thing is that there is no point to compare the prices of an original software to a cracked, illegally owned (and with high risk of containing trojans). You can crack your XBOX as well and play for free, but if you want to compare the original prices you have to include the MS Windows license price etc.

And I disagree about the outdated thing. Even today, many days after PS3 has been released, it's CPU is top in calculation the specific calculations needed for graphics - way better that any home intended PC. The Intel based CPUs that exists in most home PCs are more generic and not optimized for doing only that job. Always the optimization in something gives better results.

There is one quote that is quite true for some calculations:
"Essentially, a single PlayStation 3 performs like a cluster of 30 PCs at the price of only one"
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:04 pm

AvatarX wrote:You can crack your XBOX as well and play for free, but if you want to compare the original prices you have to include the MS Windows license price etc.

This is ridiculous, given that (almost) everyone has Windows installed anyway. It's like trying to discuss the price of going to a restaurant and you include having to buy clothes and shoes. (Almost) everyone already has those. A number of people do have Macs, and a small number of people use Linux on their desktops, but the majority of the latter also have some Windows installation around somewhere...
Furthermore, as far as I know, if you crack your Xbox and try to connect it online, your console will get banned by Microsoft and will be unable to ever connect to Xbox LIVE. This is the reason why I don't use my Xbox, because you have to pay for games and pay to play online. I don't want to pay for games, and I only play 1 offline game: Football Manager. And guess what, it's not even available for the Xbox.

AvatarX wrote:And I disagree about the outdated thing. Even today, many days after PS3 has been released, it's CPU is top in calculation the specific calculations needed for graphics - way better that any home intended PC. The Intel based CPUs that exists in most home PCs are more generic and not optimized for doing only that job. Always the optimization in something gives better results.

As a developer, I strongly agree with this. Since developers have one set of hardware, it is much easier for them to optimise the software to work on that specific hardware. That kind of optimisation is lost with generic hardware like a PC.

AvatarX wrote:There is one quote that is quite true for some calculations:
"Essentially, a single PlayStation 3 performs like a cluster of 30 PCs at the price of only one"

I disagree on this though. It's a mega exaggeration. I don't have the topmost notch of a PC, but FIFA 11 worked visibly smoother on my PC than on Xbox (I did try it). I'm convinced I had higher FPS. Also, my Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium soundcard has much better sound quality than the Xbox. OK, my PC costs much more than my Xbox and it's also newer so the much higher specs make up for the lack of optimisation and exceed the XboX. I'm sure there are some benchmarks though comparing FPS rates in the same games between Xbox and PCs.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:12 pm

The CPU can't do all the work though. The weak GPU and lack of memory hinder the PS3 performance. DICE couldn't develop BF3 for consoles with more than 24 players unless they sacrificed gameplay and graphics (compared to PC 64). Also most of the titles are 720p and and in BF3's case locked at 30FPS. We need a new generation of consoles so that the performance of mid to high end PCs can be utilized (not unable to handle ported games due to messy unoptimizations). There is a rumor that the next Xbox will feature an AMD APU with a discrete GPU. That will be some good news since it will be based on x86 architecture.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:11 am

Playing Fm12, 2017-18
With Guiseley FC, started out in Blue Square South, now second season in the Prem. I won the FA and League Cup so I'm in the Europa League now, with a team like
Torres
Fleck-Kovacic-Wickham
Gosling-Emre Can
Taiwo-Martin Kelly-Kickass Regen-Zuizerloon
Courtois
My goal os CLqualification this year, lets see how Ido!
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:29 am

Only on PC :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:11 pm

You can buy Fifa from UK stores and XBOX Live Gold from ebay. 1 year xbox live gold + Fifa costs less than 70Euro

When I want to play online I usually go to Ebay Deutschland and I usually find cheap Xbox live gold codes. The seller sends the code by email
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby lau03143 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:39 pm

To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Element » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:44 pm

lau03143 wrote:http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xs4csv_crystal-palace-cheerleaders-call-me-maybe-callmecrystals_sport

;-)

Element has accepted an offer of a Crystal Palace Forum to become a moderator there

Club with lower ambitions so less disappointments (both have not won titles but crystal palace are not mad)

No Martinez saga that is as annoying as exams

And you get hotter girls too :p
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby bayern4l » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:51 am

lau03143 wrote:http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xs4csv_crystal-palace-cheerleaders-call-me-maybe-callmecrystals_sport

;-)

I hate the song, but the video is good :P
Manuel Neuer
bayern4l
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby quaazi » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:18 am

Just finished the 2016 Champions League final. Against Manchester United. Even the game knew the significance, telling me "The two teams have actually met each other in the Champions League final before in 1999, with Man Utd lifting the trophy on that occasion". It's a 4-2-3-1 v a 4-4-2 narrow diamond, which I always hate playing against (I feel like I am unable to exploit their lack of depth effectively enough), Carlo Ancelotti is their coach. The game starts off nervy on both sides, very high tempo. I manage to get into the game and get a few great chances, but De Gea, whose morale I just got to be Abysmal through press conferences, starts making wondersaves despite "having no confidence". Sure enough, he's up to a 8.0 rating by the 20th minute. Then I get the breakthrough, as Fierro poaches a Schweini pass to make it 1-0. I am in control for the rest of the half until extra time, when surprise surprise Hummels scores an own goal. United's Hulk is clear through on goal, Hummels comes from behind and makes a superb tackle, but like so often happens on FM, the ball just slides past Neuer into the goal.

So the second half starts. I pile on the pressure but De Gea gets more and more wondersaves. Then, at the full hour mark, I finally manage a goal - the 4-jumping/heading Vladimir Weiss connects with a Alex Sandro cross and makes it 2-1 (two ridiculously underrated players in the game, never see anyone else use them). At that point, because my DLP Ganso isn't performing well, I sub him with my wrecking ball Sandro, because I don't have a like for like substitute and I'm not going to play Özil or Götze in the double pivot when a goal up, and adopt a more conservative style of play, eventually bringing Hummels into defensive midfield and replace Müller with my other central defender Muniesa. I am defending resolutely, when in the 92nd minute, OWN GOAL. United's Bale crosses, Lahm gets in the way and the ball bounces into the goal, 2-2. Of course the game awards the goal to Bale because why the **** not, right?

So now I'm stuck with a very defensive formation (a 4-1-4-1) and knowing how the game is going (De Gea having a 9.0 rating at that point), I would probably lose the shootout. And I don't intend to lose to **** United. So I don't have any other choice than to concentrate all my creative players on one flank and play down that. On the 117th minute, I finally get a lucky break - Johnny Evans concedes a penalty from a cross from the left flank and Schweini coolly takes it. 3-2. Game over.

Still, despite everything working out in the end, it still showcased so many irritating things about Football Manager. I created 5 Clear Cut Chances, they created none, 7 half chances to their 4, 20 shots to their 8, yet still I only manage a 3-2 win after 117 minutes. I identify their goalie as the weak spot before the game, yet he still ends up man of the match. I concede 2 own goals, one of them an absolute freak one that would never happen in real life. Oh well. At least I won.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby KAHN » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:53 am

Did anyone try new PES 2013 DEMO? I love it! Best football I played since PES 06.
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:17 am

quaazi wrote:Just finished the 2016 Champions League final. Against Manchester United. Even the game knew the significance, telling me "The two teams have actually met each other in the Champions League final before in 1999, with Man Utd lifting the trophy on that occasion". It's a 4-2-3-1 v a 4-4-2 narrow diamond, which I always hate playing against (I feel like I am unable to exploit their lack of depth effectively enough), Carlo Ancelotti is their coach. The game starts off nervy on both sides, very high tempo. I manage to get into the game and get a few great chances, but De Gea, whose morale I just got to be Abysmal through press conferences, starts making wondersaves despite "having no confidence". Sure enough, he's up to a 8.0 rating by the 20th minute. Then I get the breakthrough, as Fierro poaches a Schweini pass to make it 1-0. I am in control for the rest of the half until extra time, when surprise surprise Hummels scores an own goal. United's Hulk is clear through on goal, Hummels comes from behind and makes a superb tackle, but like so often happens on FM, the ball just slides past Neuer into the goal.

So the second half starts. I pile on the pressure but De Gea gets more and more wondersaves. Then, at the full hour mark, I finally manage a goal - the 4-jumping/heading Vladimir Weiss connects with a Alex Sandro cross and makes it 2-1 (two ridiculously underrated players in the game, never see anyone else use them). At that point, because my DLP Ganso isn't performing well, I sub him with my wrecking ball Sandro, because I don't have a like for like substitute and I'm not going to play Özil or Götze in the double pivot when a goal up, and adopt a more conservative style of play, eventually bringing Hummels into defensive midfield and replace Müller with my other central defender Muniesa. I am defending resolutely, when in the 92nd minute, OWN GOAL. United's Bale crosses, Lahm gets in the way and the ball bounces into the goal, 2-2. Of course the game awards the goal to Bale because why the **** not, right?

So now I'm stuck with a very defensive formation (a 4-1-4-1) and knowing how the game is going (De Gea having a 9.0 rating at that point), I would probably lose the shootout. And I don't intend to lose to **** United. So I don't have any other choice than to concentrate all my creative players on one flank and play down that. On the 117th minute, I finally get a lucky break - Johnny Evans concedes a penalty from a cross from the left flank and Schweini coolly takes it. 3-2. Game over.

Still, despite everything working out in the end, it still showcased so many irritating things about Football Manager. I created 5 Clear Cut Chances, they created none, 7 half chances to their 4, 20 shots to their 8, yet still I only manage a 3-2 win after 117 minutes. I identify their goalie as the weak spot before the game, yet he still ends up man of the match. I concede 2 own goals, one of them an absolute freak one that would never happen in real life. Oh well. At least I won.

With Guiseley I almost always play the narrow diamond, with the full backs offering support. When I face top 6 teams, I simply replace one striker with one of my more physical CBs (Spiranovic, Mangala, Wisdom). It shuts out opponents and makes the team ridiculously dangerous at set pieces. I've beaten Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Tottenham and United with the defensive formation, but my save data got corrupted twice and I had to restore to the beginning of the season.
I've been trying really hard to get Fierro (Snapped up Erick Torres on a free with my Leeds team), but the club won't sell due his really long contract and he doesn't consider Guiseley good enough.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge