You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Football Video and Online Games

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Football Video and Online Games

Postby MarttiH » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 am

Maybe someone is interested playing Football Manager 12 online? I remember clearly how me and my two friends spent almost whole summer playing FM10 online. However, this was one of my best summers.
MarttiH
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:05 pm

I don't want to ruin the on-going talk, but I have never played FM. I always go for FIFAs. Would the switch to FM be more pleasant :D?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:12 pm

MoFattal wrote:I don't want to ruin the on-going talk, but I have never played FM. I always go for FIFAs. Would the switch to FM be more pleasant :D?

They are completely different types of games. FM is for managing: basically scouting, buying and training players, and setting tactics. The powers of doing this are several magnitudes of times better than FIFA. But in FIFA, you play. In FM you watch your team play.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:01 pm

So, guys, I need your advice. I am currently starting to wrap up the Hinrunde of my 2nd season and I was just hit with a 3 month-long injury to Ribery. My current cover for that position is Alaba and I do not want him playing 2 games a week 3 months straight at his age (could screw up his development). So I decided that I will make a big-money move for a world class player in the winter for once. I have 10 million in the bank and 20 million (hopefully) coming from the sale of Alderweireld. That's 30 million I can play up front, and around 10 more that I feel good about paying in installments about (sold Gustavo for 20 in installments and bought Nainggolan for 10 in installments in the summer, so I don't want to break that balance). Basically I have 40 million euros for a big purchase. The player needs to be able to play on the left flank and, very importantly, be a long-term option for either CAM or ST. I narrowed my options down to five candidates, with positives and negatives about them. You help me decide.

Right-click and "View image" to see the whole picture.

Positives:

* Definitely the best player available.
* Natural striker, so able to provide much needed competition to Gomez.
* Good with both feet, which is an extremely valuable trait.

Negatives:

* 45 million as his release clause is a sum that I am willing to pay, but really do want to avoid. Especially considering that...
* ... he also has the biggest wage demands. In all likelihood I'd have to make him a Key Player to even get him aboard, and would need to offload Ribery in the summer to balance out the wage budget.
* Not proficient enough at LW to play there regularly, instead he'd enable Müller or someone else to play there, which isn't exactly the best option.

Positives:

* The kind of playmaker that my team is frankly lacking.
* Natural in the LW and CAM roles, which solves a long-term problem very well, also fairly competent in the ST and LM positions, giving me a lot of versatility.
* Has European citizenship which helps in cup competitions.

Negatives:

* 40 million as his asking price is better than Agüero's price, but still a lot.
* Wage demands are still pretty big and would require a Key Player spot.
* Not a natural winger a la Robbery, which might create me problems when playing against certain sides.

Positives:

* Natural LW and CAM.
* Still quite a bit potential to grow into.
* Absolutely superb technical qualities.
* Probably demands smaller wages, perhaps I could even get away with offering him a First Team as opposed to a Key Player role.
* European citizenship.

Negatives:

* Low determination is an automatic turnoff, especially since he's too old to be tutored.
* Asking price of 40 million.
* Too specialized as a dribbler, meaning that he is awful defensively and poor at finishing, leaving me with little room to improvise and doesn't fit in my quasi-Total Football style of play.

Positives:

* Absolutely insane pace, which is basically the most important stat in FM.
* Seems to have the work rate and stamina to keep up with my high-pressing style of play.
* Would demand a low wage, perhaps would even be content with a Rotation slot and a not a First Team place.
* Has a fair amount of future potential still left in him.

Negatives:

* 35 million seems like quite a lot for a player who is not as good as the first three.
* Not a natural LW, so he'd have to be retrained for the role, which rules out one of the reasons to buy a player anyway.
* Lack of good Preferred Moves.

Positives:

* Young and has a whole lot of potential left in him.
* Costs only 24 million, an amount that I could pay straight up front and have a little bit left for other purchases.
* Also a tiny wage that I can easily fit into my wage structure.
* European citizenship.

Negatives:

* Currently a long way off the caliber of the other four despite his huge potential. In fact I don't think he is better than Alaba at the moment.
* Strictly left-footed, which I'm not a big fan of.
* No other natural position except LW which is a problem for team versatility.

So, guys, what do you think? I'm basically torn between Agüero and Mata, willing to pay the huge amount of money for a top class player. If Agüero could play as LW, I'd choose him automatically. On the other hand, if Mata was better with his weaker right foot, he'd have the edge.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:06 am

Agüero is hands down the best for ST and AMC from the ones you provided.
But you said you want cover for LM, which he won't provide sufficiently.

So if that's what you want, go for Mata. Willian is also good but his stats seem more suited to a winger rather than a CAM/ST.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shpati_L1 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:57 am

Whatever you do DON'T buy Mata.
I bought him in my Bayern game and he was the worst player of the season.

My advice is Hazard.
When playing him LW - Inside Forward he is a beast...+30 assists in a season.
I bough Hazard when i sold Mata next season.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Zigehh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:43 am

Quaazi you should check Gylfi Sigurðsson... I play him LW and he's a bomb, great playmaker and great shot from distance. Will score from free kicks regularly :). He can be a bit selfish from time to time tho.
I dont know the situation in your game but in my game at one point hoffenheim offered him for 8,5 millions... Real bargain.
Zigehh
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovenia

Postby quaazi » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 am

After thinking about it, I feel like I should just splash the cash and go for Agüero. Mata was a target for me in FM11 already, but if you say he isn't that great under a human manager... and I do not want another left-footed LW, I already have Alaba for that. I might just use Usami or Weiss in that position as temporary coverage. As for Hazard, well, I do not like his low finishing and determination attributes. And considering his asking price, I do not think he'll be better than Agüero who basically costs around the same. I guess I'll go for Agüero, and if I can't get him (he has huge wage demands after all), Mata or Hazard.

Sigurdsson seems like a great player indeed (I especially like his hidden attributes), but his low speed puts me off. I would still get him if he weren't in Hoffenheim, but I don't want to buy players from other BuLi teams, I want to kick up the standard of the German clubs. Going to make an exception for Götze and Hummels later on, of course.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:15 am

Since you seem to be using FM Genie Scout, why not go for the next big thing? He'd demand far lower wages and almost definitely will have a lower asking price.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:57 am

Oh I have a dozen next big things in my youth teams, but I need someone ready to step in now. Griezmann has 180 PA in my game, so he'll definitely be world class in the future, for example.

I also found a regen who reminds me a whole lot of Robben - huge speed and technical ability, strictly one footed. I want to retrain him into a LW too, so he could the the mirror of Robben (he's right-footed).
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:48 am

Regens are so cool :) I want to fill my team with Regens as soon as possible.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Zigehh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:31 pm

quaazi wrote:Sigurdsson seems like a great player indeed (I especially like his hidden attributes), but his low speed puts me off. I would still get him if he weren't in Hoffenheim, but I don't want to buy players from other BuLi teams, I want to kick up the standard of the German clubs. Going to make an exception for Götze and Hummels later on, of course.

I think you should keep an eye on him because he will leave for england or spain in the near future. He has a preference to play in those countries if im not mistaken. And thats a good reason to buy him :).

Hoffenheim got relegated in my game so i also bought Beck :)
Zigehh
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovenia

Postby appudds » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Get Aguero. Or Hazard..
Not anyone less than that. They are worth the buy
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby Koma » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Hazard all the way mate, will cost less than Aguero and has potential to be better than him.

Either way, started a new save with our favourite team, let's get physical!

(these free boys are regens that I got just to fill youth ranks, nothing special)

Bayern Team for the Champions League trophy -
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/ ... unchen.jpg
Koma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby quaazi » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Koma wrote:Hazard all the way mate, will cost less than Aguero and has potential to be better than him.
I'm afraid it's neither on my save. His PA is lower and his asking price is almost as big. :(
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge