You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Football Video and Online Games

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Football Video and Online Games

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:04 pm

This reminds me of those who say Battlefield sucks compared to Call of Duty, would PES really suck if it had all that hype and marketing behind it? Anyways, I enjoy both games and I think they are good in their own ways.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 pm

PES 2013 is much improved over 2012 but has those same trademark frustrating annoyances. The most annoying is balance/'fair' issues and this applies to FIFA too but I can speak more for PES. By fair I mean, in every match there are those situations which happen too often where no matter how much you try to win ball the back, the AI manages to get the ball back again and again until they create a chance (like it's scripted).

For example you tackle a player but the ball goes to another opponent, then you slide tackle that opponent but the ball goes to another opponent, then the opponents crosses hits my player and the ball comes back to them again. I don't know how many times I cross, hits their player and the ball goes comfortably to an opponent's feet. Or the impossible physical clearance of the ball by the AI facing their goal and magically find their team mate at the half way line without needing to move! In PES 2013 there's also the immaculate through ball through the middle that cuts your defense like a delicious cake. :P No matter the tactics or formation you choose, always happens at least once in the game especially when you're leading.

And the amount of shots blocked by the AI players (not by goalkeepers). Out of of 10, a guaranteed 7 are blocked. Even if I shoot with nobody in front of me within 5 meters, sometimes hits a player( could be cause of the manual shot). And the AI goalkeepers rarely make mistakes, actually I think so far never seen an AI goalie make a mistake but then I don't have any problem with Neuer... oh wait he spills a weak shot ball and there's an attacker ready for the rebound.

There was this situation where the AI was attacking and I have most of the team in the penalty area. They hit the post twice in this attack besides a shot blocked by Neuer in between them! Call me lucky? Yes and no! In those 10 seconds or so the attack lasted, I didn't even manage to touch the ball even though I had like 9 players in the box. When the ball hits the post it goes back straight to them until they scored. When I hit the post? It goes out or straight to the AI.

There should be some more balancing where sometimes both the AI and the player have some 'lucky' moments and not mostly the AI. /End rant. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:03 am

Just play FIFA13. Much more realistic and "fair", but can be a bit hard/frustrating if you're not well acquainted with the previous versions, especially in online seasons where there are many good players waiting to dominate you ass :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:36 am

I agree about the scripted thing, many times I take an early lead and simply can't put the ball in the net. Yesterday I hit the post three times and the keeper saved like 10 shots. It does feel a bit scripted, but it's fun nonetheless!
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:28 pm

BTW did they take away Head to Head seasons in FIFA 13? I can't find them...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:51 pm

It's called "Seasons" from the main menu.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby BayernLove » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Yeah. I got the demo, was going to buy full off PSN but then my shitty, portable router broke. F*cking hell I need a proper router :( :(
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AvatarX » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:16 am

MoFattal wrote:Just play FIFA13. Much more realistic and "fair", but can be a bit hard/frustrating if you're not well acquainted with the previous versions, especially in online seasons where there are many good players waiting to dominate you ass :P

Just got it this weekend, so I am one of the "waiting" people (in XBOX live at least - yesterday I won someone who took City 9-1 :P) :P
Gametag in xbox live for anyone who want a match :) : NavatarX

BTW I really like the ball control thing. Much more realistic and can be working in your favor if you get used to it.

And finally Bayern Munich is a great team in Fifa, with great depth. Really, now I admire more Jupp's job. It's a real tough job to pick only 11 players for a match. There are just too many options, too many possibilities with all that quality we have :D
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 am

I am just disappointed with the ratings of Alaba and Shaqiri (77 and 78). They should at least be rated 80.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AvatarX » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:17 am

MoFattal wrote:I am just disappointed with the ratings of Alaba and Shaqiri (77 and 78). They should at least be rated 80.

TBF Alaba did great as LB for only half a season and both him and Shaq are a bit unproven (yet).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Zigehh » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 am

Does anybody have problems with gamepads on PC? I really dont know how to fix it because part time its working fine but then the next moment it just doesnt. The problem is with the LT buton. In game when i get a free or corner or even a penalty kick it automaticly shows the grid for selecting a taker and it doesnt dissapear until i pick one. Ur supposed to hold the LT button if im not mistaken to get that grid on screen.Its also affecting dribbling because you need to hold down the LT button to do anything with the right stick. Its really annoying so if anyone has nay information please...
Zigehh
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovenia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm

MoFattal wrote:I am just disappointed with the ratings of Alaba and Shaqiri (77 and 78). They should at least be rated 80.

They'll probably get raised in an update at some point
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLove » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:26 am

Hopefully soon, and they also add the Heskinator in!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby JJJ » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Got my FIFA 13 yesterday. Playing Career Mode with 2 teams, Accrington (npower 2's poorest team) and Bayern.

My formation is 3-5-2 or our usual 4-2-3-1, Müller on RM and Götze as a CAM. Bought Hummels and hunting Özil, Gündo with Reus. :lol:
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:44 pm

I haven't tried yet any of football games, but I know that Bayern is always underrated team in PES what is total disgrace. In Fifa is little better, but I hope in this new FIFA 13 we will be a great team and I'm looking forward to buy this game. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge