You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Football Manager 2012

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Football Manager 2012

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:13 am

The key is to have several saves. I rotate mine, so when I get bored of one save, I go on to the next.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MarttiH » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Football Manager 2013 will be released on Friday 2nd November.

EDIT: Actually I'm really happy that they decided to release FM2013 on 2nd November already, this "before christmas" sounded really bad and I really couldn't wait till the Christmas.
MarttiH
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Eh, I like my current save. I think I'll skip this years version.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:11 pm

quaazi wrote:Eh, I like my current save. I think I'll skip this years version.

No you won't. You will try, but you will succumb to temptation.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLove » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:27 pm

I have awful saves attributed to pure boredom,buying the game late and therefore the new FM coming out soon which lead to my reluctance to start a new save with a lower league team. Definite buy (as soon as the price goes down).
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:28 pm

MUTU wrote:No you won't. You will try, but you will succumb to temptation.

I'm a history student, I'm not going to shell out 50 euros for a game that I already own.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 pm

quaazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:No you won't. You will try, but you will succumb to temptation.

I'm a history student, I'm not going to shell out 50 euros for a game that I already own.

Neither will I because I'm going to download it for free.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby BayernLove » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:22 pm

Good luck if you keep getting crash dumps, man.
The convenience of Steam kicks in FAST then. Trust me, I know.
Also, I'm paranoid about viruses solely because this isn't my computer and my sister will kill me if anything happens (this laptop being a vital tool for college). So until I get my own laptop, downloading anything free ever is not an option I would consider.
Finally, just a random question: Is there a breakdown of prices vs time for FM and does anyone know about it if so?
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLove » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Soo... I need help lads. I'm playing as Shakhtar Donetsk and I have this player called "Luiz Adriano", right? Here's the deal: He's amazing in the air, his stats lie (in a good way), he seems to have much better long shots than 7 and finishing than 6, WAYY better, his positioning is 4 but he seems to be in a good position a lot more often than the stats would have you think (probably attributed to that 16 off the ball), he's fairly below-par technically but did go on a decent short burst and dribble through 2 CBs to slot it, and he's quite quick (18 quickness, 18 in pace and acceleration), he has TWENTY goals out of about high-30s/40 goals this season, about HALF of my goals, he just inspired my team to get a great turnaround against Ajax in the UCL from TWO own goals (just my luck, still ended 3-2 thanks to a brace by the man,the myth, the legend himself) Sounds like an AMAZING player, right?
Here's the deal: He is inconsistent as F*CK. So many times in the matches, he can't finish a half eaten cookie, the stats DON'T lie so many times, his shots go so badly wide it's not even funny, his long shots are at best at the bar, his heading is not extraordinary as always, and he can't do shit and does a Robbenaldo (that bad) when it comes to passing and even when he does, the passes are so below par it makes my want to cry while gouging my insides out. Every miss makes me closer to selling him but like it or not, his stats lie and he is PHENOMENAL at times, I don't know what to do, advice?
EDIT: Stats now in spoiler.
STATS:
Spoiler: show

EDIT2: I don't know what happened there so here's the other 2 pictures.

Last edited by BayernLove on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:08 pm

Looking at his hidden stats his consistency isn't anything brilliant, but other players (Özil for example) have the same value and play just fine.

PROTIP - inconsistent players effectively have lower technical and mental attributes on an off day. Their physical attributes always stay the same, so if you have a physically powerful but inconsistent player, it's better than a inconsistent super-smart dribbler.

I can also see that he is EXTREMELY injury prone. Like, as bad as Robben. So there's that.

Finally, you're Donetsk and really should have enough money to get better players than this guy (AND WHY THE HELL ARE YOU USING DOLLARS).
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:51 pm

You inspired me to change to Euros. :P
His natural fitness is 14 strangely enough. He is largely dominant physically, admittedly, as you can see (after I posted his physical stats after failing to do so last time, posting mental stats twice). I will keep him, but probably on the bench next season. The reason I didn't get him is because I already made a number of key signings and was left with not that many options than him.
Made a few signings which I believe are really good:
IN TRANSFERS:
Ter Stegen for 23.5M and 10M in future fees (48 month thing) - Key player for me, he is phenomenal on this game and that's still at the start of his career (first season) he still has a star to go!
Yaya Sanogo for 3.8M - We all know about him, the "mainstream wonderkid" of FM12, Fierro wouldn't join and Erick Torres DOES NOT convince me, also, wort permits because the Ukrainians are Xenophobes #1, apparently. Painfully injury prone, managed to "Robben" himself in every save I've got him so far.
Etienne Capoue for 10M - I probably ("probably") overpaid for him, known FM hero :P , alternative to Sissoko.
Giannis Fetfatzidis for 1.4M - Probably exactly my money's worth, but I lacked depth in his position.
Isaac Vorsah for 4.5M - Good Physical defender, great stopper and quite quick, good tackler and overall CB.
Granit Xhaka for 3.4M - Signed for Gladbach this season as a promising talent from Basel, good on this game but PROBABLY a bit underrated, let's hope he turns out to be a good signing.
Wallyson for 3.6M (end of season) - Decent technically and overall, good poacher and only 22. I have to say he does look injury prone, a lot, like, glass -a-lot. But reported on the forums as a bit of a "hidden gem" I suppose, hope he'll emulate his heroics for other people for me.
OUT TRANSFERS:
Tomas Hubschman for 5.25M loan fee and 5.25M future fee - The squad depth is so damn awful at the moment I'm reluctant to sell anybody, he was a reserve defender but probably the best one in the reserves, 30 years old and it doesn't seem I'll be needing him any time soon, so yeah, I decided to sell him (well, a loan to Udinese at least, for the moment).
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:34 pm

quaazi wrote:I'm a history student, I'm not going to shell out 50 euros for a game that I already own.

you pay for stuff on the internet?

I can get you few websites that you can download everything [download speed = infinity] :)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Don't be silly. I'm just used to Steam these days.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:59 pm

With my Guiseley save, I just knocked BVB out of the EL. My next few games will be (I sh*t you not) Chelsea (FA Cup, won 2-1!), Bayern (EL, lol), Chelsea, Liverpool (League), Bayern, United (League). I will then face one of Arsenal, Liverpool or United should I be able to get past Chelsea in the cup. If I get past one of those, I will again face one of those three in the final. Also, if I beat Bayern, I'll most probably end up facing Liverpool in the semi's. It's a tough job but I have a squad good enough (I have Emre Can, Wickham, Courtois, Jese and Kovacic) to face even the toughest of teams. I also have a good record against top teams (I've only lost like four times to MUFC, MCFC, CFC, AFC, THFC, LFC, and I've drawn/beaten Juvetus/BVB).
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby BayernLove » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 pm

FM(L):
Edit: Name now blocked out!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BayernLove on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge