You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Football Manager 2012

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Football Manager 2012

Postby quaazi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Naah, actually it was a bit of an issue in the forums when FM12 came out. Most people attributed it to Solbakken and his tactics exploiting the AI somehow.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:50 pm

quaazi wrote:Naah, actually it was a bit of an issue in the forums when FM12 came out. Most people attributed it to Solbakken and his tactics exploiting the AI somehow.

Just started looking it up and I found this picture:
It's a laugable table, but you can't argue the prospect of a relegated Dortmund... Enticing.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:54 pm

It's even more amazing considering Bayern is led by a human!
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57 pm

quaazi wrote:It's even more amazing considering Bayern is led by a human!

Why? I see nothing there, Bayern are second! Nothing out of the ordinary.
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby BayernLove » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57 pm

quaazi wrote:Naah, actually it was a bit of an issue in the forums when FM12 came out. Most people attributed it to Solbakken and his tactics exploiting the AI somehow.

Can you link me a thread? Can't find any other than one dedicated to this.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:23 pm

The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Well, since I'm still playing FM12, I've gotten pretty far in my game (considering I watch each and every match fully). And Carlos Fierro, my star striker, is finally reaching his maximum potential.

just... look at those stats. They're inhuman. And he's only 26!
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Wow, 101 goals in one season and he hasn't even reached the peak age yet. Props for sticking with him and developing him so much, I've been loaning him out every season because I have Rodrigo, Ademilson, Jay Rodriguez, Mario Gomez and perhaps the best Regen striker I've ever had. I think he'll get a chance with me next season because Gomez and Rodriguez's contracts will expire by then. I'll put up a few screenshots of my best players when I open my laptop in a bit.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:49 pm

His 25 goals from 18 appearances this season for Mexico show that it isn't just my team that makes him play so well, he can do it in any team.

I also really like his approx. 2,5 fouls drawn per game stat, those free kicks and yellow cards are supremely useful. And 4 dribbles per game really show his style of play - he either beats the offside trap by quick runs through the middle (dude has 20 agility, 19 off the ball, 18 pace and 17 acceleration, after all), or picks the ball up at the edge of the box and van Buyten's his opposing defender with ease before finishing coolly in either corner with that delicious 19 finishing/composure combo.

And the most marvellous thing is that I have three other strikers with the potential to be just as good, if not better!

But don't expect him to replicate this in any other save - he had the highest possible PA roll in my game, so I got really lucky with him.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby BayernLove » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:48 am

Just...
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:16 pm

I guess I'll make a regen post too. These guys are all already first team players, basically - I have a buttload more, but they still have a lot of room to develop into.

Breik is an absolute star, playing behind Fierro in my 4-2-3-1. His pace when running from deep is terrifying. He has his goals to assists ratio pretty evenly spread out, my wingers (Götze and Müller) do most of the assisting.

This is a new fellow I bought in, he'll make for a great box-to-box midfielder soon, but right now I'm using him as a defensive midfielder. I'd rather have him improve his mentals instead of his speed, but you don't look a gift 57 million euro Italian wunderkind in the mouth.

This is one of the strikers that will one day succeed Fierro. He's still developing, but look at his stats - 24 goals in 30 games for PSG, leading them to their European Cup final (which they lost to me, De Groot couldn't play as per terms of his loan deal). Him and Fierro I plan on using as more wide forwards in the future due to their immense pace.

This is my obligatory Brazilian flair player. I'm trying to get his defensive and strength stats down to put those points into his mentals instead - basically, I want him to turn into a Ronaldinho-style trequartista, playing behind the striker(s) and making gorgeous passes as well as being a goal threat himself.

Ott is probably the best German player of his generation. Marvellous defensive midfielder, physically unrivalled. His tactical attributes are a bit low, though, but they will improve. Using him as an anchor man or a deep-lying playmaker ensures that I never lose the ball in the middle of the park.

Trombino has been my main right-back since Lahm retired - unfortunately Lahm's presence hindered his early development a bit, so only now, at 26, is he starting to hit his peak. But he's an awesome fullback, fast as hell, good both attacking and defending.

Another awesome central midfielder I have. He's very much turning out to be an utility player because of his all-round skill - he can play anywhere from central midfield to central defense. Unfortunately this also means that he will probably lose out on a starting spot behind Caneo and Ott.

And finally, my Robben clone in his prime. He's a monster player, but since I plan to play without wingers from next season, I'm gonna have to let him go. Pity, he has been a great player for 6 or so years, but like Robben, he doesn't deliver consistent team performances, so I'm not too torn up about letting him go in favour of some team player regens I got coming up the system.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:40 pm

That's pretty impressive, it helps that all those regens are already world-beaters, so there's no dilemma of preferring real players over them. A team like that will guarantee you European success for a decade. Keep it up, I hope to emulate you by signing a few more English wonderkids, but they're all overpriced.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby BayernLove » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:45 pm

quaazi wrote: you don't look a gift 57 million euro Italian wunderkind in the mouth.

No one deserves birthday cake*
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:05 pm

AssemFCB wrote:That's pretty impressive, it helps that all those regens are already world-beaters, so there's no dilemma of preferring real players over them. A team like that will guarantee you European success for a decade. Keep it up, I hope to emulate you by signing a few more English wonderkids, but they're all overpriced.

I haven't had a single English player who has the potential to break into my first team. They're all... decent, just not world class like the players I have here. Apart from a few really pacy wingers, a la Walcott, but I don't want that kind of player anyway, crossing is evil and should be hated. :P

As for European success for a decade... well, I've won the Champions League 9 years in a row already, so... not that far off. :D

And if you're one of those people who will say that that's no challenge anymore, then we're just very different people. I love seeing the team I put so much effort into win the Bundesliga with a 100+ goal difference, win the Champions League with Fierro scoring 21 goals per campaign. It validates the time and effort I put into the game just as much as taking Hull City to the Champions League.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Since I use a 3-5-2 slightly more offensive than that of Juventus, I need a pact winger that can dribble, finish and cross. It doesn't help that there are very few natural RMs, only RWs. I don't want to waste development time on a youngster by changing his position. It also doesn't help that my board refuse to improve my youth recruitment and can't find a decent feeder team I can loan youngsters to. Another challenge I face is that my squad is heavily reliant on foreign players, meaning I have to suffer every time I register players for a competition. I think the only way to get over this is if I sell all my depth players and replace them with overpriced Englishmen like Ince and Redmond. I have 45M in the bank, so it's not like it'll be a challenge.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge