You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FIFA

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: FIFA

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:35 pm

tflags wrote:
Reinhart wrote:I wouldn't trust Platini with the presidency.

Yes, other than your usual power vacuum structure, you'll end up with a second off the pitch referee, four linesmen, and a first referee for each half of the pitch. None of them will be able to see correctly if the ball crossed Neuer's goal line.

So true. :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Korab » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:21 pm

In our case of assessing FIFA the best would be to approach the problem from your personal side, YOU ARE the FIFA President and what would you do to make that institution work. You have to take into account much more powerful forces of governments, interests of all biggest FA's, behind the scene deals you can't control, political events and their implications ......
So don't get ballistic on all those candidates, just asses what interests they represent (they do!) and then decide. Probably you don't want FIFA to be another UN (very effective organisation with veto powers for some- sarc), but who knows maybe you like it that way.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:47 pm

RedQueen wrote:(maybe there's literally no other option to get the World Cup to your country than to engage in whatever form of bribery) is another matter. If it turns out that more or less every host decision for the FIFA world cup for the past decad

But there is a way isn't it? I mean, how hard or precious could it be to gather two or three people from each country FA and ask them to read a f@cking report every four years (or eight really) and vote publicly on one (or two really) candidates. It would be a festivity of democracy in sports and it would put low life characters such as Jack Warner to extinction.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:54 pm

The problem is that FIFA (like the IOC and other organization) is composed of all kinds of countries from all over the world, and no matter public eulogia asserting the contrary, in many countries corruption isn't viewed the same way we do. Corruption in many countries has been considered a normal way of doing business for decades and centuries. You only have to pay Transparency International a visit for confirmation. You don't change such mindsets, and traditions, within a couple of years.

According to Swiss Media,
Blatter is considering resigning from resignation [source]
. FA's in Africa and Asia are against his premature resignation and support he stays in office, because they benefit from his system.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:16 pm

RedQueen wrote:The problem is that FIFA (like the IOC and other organization) is composed of all kinds of countries from all over the world, and no matter public eulogia asserting the contrary, in many countries corruption isn't viewed the same way we do. Corruption in many countries has been considered a normal way of doing business for decades and centuries.

Bayern's president is in jail because he failed to report income from money he received from the team's main sponsor. Yeah, corruption has a GPS. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Actually he failed to report income from business in the financial markets. foreign exchange futures, more precisely. It was tax fraud, plain and simple.

As for corruption, there are differences among countries, as much as you might dislike it.

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/results
Last edited by RedQueen on Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:30 pm

RedQueen wrote:The point of interest is, he is in jail.

Lol. Switzerland has been babysitting half the worlds money launderers for 70 years. Uli got caught because of recent income reporting agreements. So, morality took a nap for 70 years? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Kindly tell me, what has this got to do with FIFA?

You can of course continue daydreaming that there are no differences in corruption levels amongst countries. Maybe Transparency have been bribed to rig their ranking, lol (actually I'm already waiting for the first to cry "racist!!!").

I never said there's no corruption in Germany. At least I'm aware we're a long way from level with Scandinavian countries.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:52 pm

RedQueen wrote:I never said there's no corruption in Germany. At least I'm aware we're a long way from level with Scandinavian countries.

Yes, your argument kindof fell to pieces when you implied Germany "viewed" corruption differently when it fact the ability to control corruption and the people's abhorrence for it are two different matters altogether. I think it's the moral superiority BS that strikes me as shallow.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:59 pm

I think you're completely on the wrong track here with respect to "moral superiority". Because what you're implying is that there is some universal or superordinate moral system that establishes the principle that corruption is bad. There is no such thing as a superordinate moral system. Moral systems differ amongst countries and cultures, and in some of them corruption is considered a normal manner of doing business, while in others it is considered as bad.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:09 pm

So Uli receiving millions of dollars from the team's main sponsor is ok? Interesting.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:14 pm

And pray tell, where did I say I think so? Could you kindly return to the topic, and quit your trolling?
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:24 am

Argentine soccer great Diego Maradona has decided to stand as a candidate for the FIFA presidency to replace Sepp Blatter, Uruguayan journalist and author Victor Hugo Morales has said. [source]

Is he still on cocaine? :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:10 pm

MUTU wrote:
Argentine soccer great Diego Maradona has decided to stand as a candidate for the FIFA presidency to replace Sepp Blatter, Uruguayan journalist and author Victor Hugo Morales has said. [source]

Is he still on cocaine? :lol:

Maradona is actually more dangerous when he is sober.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:14 pm

In all honesty, I'd rather keep Blatter.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge