You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ferguson takes swipe at Mourinho

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Ferguson takes swipe at Mourinho

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:41 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson has taunted Jose Mourinho by calling on the Chelsea boss to apologise for claiming the Blues would top the Premiership at Christmas.

Ferguson's side sit at the top of the Premiership heading into Christmas

Mourinho had to apologise for comments about Everton striker Andrew Johnson.

United boss Ferguson, whose side head the table, said: "He has to apologise after lying about an Everton player, perhaps he should apologise again now.

"Perhaps we shouldn't believe Jose Mourinho. He said Chelsea would be top at Christmas and they are not."

Manchester United are two points clear of Chelsea after a comfortable 3-0 over Aston Villa on Saturday, while the Blues edged out Wigan 3-2..

United were without Michael Carrick because of an ankle injury but Ferguson has dismissed reports that suggested the midfield could be sidelined for up to a month and expects him to face Reading on 30 December.

"Michael did some light training yesterday and reports that he will be out for a month are nonsense," confirmed Ferguson. "He will be ready for Reading."

Ferguson also hinted that he could be ready to revive a bid for long-term transfer target Owen Hargreaves.

Bayern Munich this week hinted that they would consider selling the 25-year-old England midfielder - but not until next summer.

Ferguson said: "We are waiting to see about it.

"Chief executive David Gill is always in touch with them because of the G14 and he sees Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge quite regularly, so we will see."

Meanwhile, Ferguson has called for the traditional post-match managers' press conference in the Premiership to be scrapped. :|

BBC - Asian Netowork
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby yoanna » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:35 pm

mourinho should apologise for more than that. he's the most conceited creature out there. and, no, he doesn't live up to all the expectations he creates.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:56 pm

Yes! he should respect Sir.Alex :x
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:23 pm

I, for one, don't think Jose should apologize to Ferguson. I'm no fan of Jose but what Jose is the type of guy that simply says whatever comes to his mind and he doesn't care about what anyone thinks of him. Bravo, Jose!!!

BTW...I don't care for Ferguson either because he thinks folks should respect him and that he can buy whomever he wants.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby yoanna » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:24 am

i do believe jose 'i'm genious' mourinho cares what people think about him. he's arrogant to the point of being obnoxious. not to mention donwright nasty. he wants everyone to talk about him, he loves the attetnion, spotlight. it's his public persona. that's why he makes all these comments noone asks him about.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby draconaut » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:06 am

yoanna wrote:i do believe jose 'i'm genious' mourinho cares what people think about him. he's arrogant to the point of being obnoxious. not to mention donwright nasty. he wants everyone to talk about him, he loves the attetnion, spotlight. it's his public persona. that's why he makes all these comments noone asks him about.

I disagree!Maybe in Portugal they are all like that,so he might not used it!
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:20 am

yoanna wrote:i do believe jose 'i'm genious' mourinho cares what people think about him. he's arrogant to the point of being obnoxious. not to mention donwright nasty. he wants everyone to talk about him, he loves the attetnion, spotlight. it's his public persona. that's why he makes all these comments noone asks him about.

I don't really agree with you on this. I think Jose does not fall into the trap of being PC (politically correct) or saying what the press and fans want to hear. Yes, he's made come comments that were shocking to say the least but he does not follow the protocol that folks think a coach should follow. He just speaks whatever comes to his mind whether he was asked or not.

I agree with the previous post about how it could be a cultural thing. In some societies what he says is not considered offensive.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby yoanna » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:53 am

tracylynn wrote:I don't really agree with you on this. I think Jose does not fall into the trap of being PC (politically correct) or saying what the press and fans want to hear. Yes, he's made come comments that were shocking to say the least but he does not follow the protocol that folks think a coach should follow. He just speaks whatever comes to his mind whether he was asked or not.

I agree with the previous post about how it could be a cultural thing. In some societies what he says is not considered offensive.

and where did i state that he's PC. not at all PC,, if you ask me. or was it the part about him being obnoxious? i didn't mean he says what people want to hear, but coz they want to hear. he likes to create a bit of fuss and newspapers and tabloids in england loooove it. they will go and make an article taking up to x pages, starting with jose said, blah, blah, blah... coz he knows it all.
a coach should stick to commenting on his team. obviously, jose can't do only that. god forbid, they won't write about him.
the poor chap loves being the centre of attention.
my point being, he does indeed care.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:03 am

yoanna wrote:and where did i state that he's PC. not at all PC,, if you ask me. or was it the part about him being obnoxious? i didn't mean he says what people want to hear, but coz they want to hear. he likes to create a bit of fuss and newspapers and tabloids in england loooove it. they will go and make an article taking up to x pages, starting with jose said, blah, blah, blah... coz he knows it all.
a coach should stick to commenting on his team. obviously, jose can't do only that. god forbid, they won't write about him.
the poor chap loves being the centre of attention.
my point being, he does indeed care.

Chill out!!! I did not say you said he was PC and such. I was making a comment about how he does not follow the rules of being PC which a lot of coaches and athletes tend to do. Many folks, not saying you, expect stars, whether they're coaches, athletes, musicians, and so forth, to act and talk in a PC manner and when these folks don't they tend to get upset. Jose is a guy who simply doesn't follow the rules that are out there. When one does not follow the rules or is PC they tend to get the attention whether they deserve it or not.

I'll say this...he's not the first coach to talk or act in ways that a lot of folks don't like and he won't be the last. He has shocked me with some of the things he says but I just ignore him.

You say it cares and he probably does in ways, but it seems like everyone else cares more about what he says and does than Jose.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby draconaut » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:57 am

tracylynn wrote:

I don't really agree with you on this. I think Jose does not fall into the trap of being PC (politically correct) or saying what the press and fans want to hear. Yes, he's made come comments that were shocking to say the least but he does not follow the protocol that folks think a coach should follow. He just speaks whatever comes to his mind whether he was asked or not.

U mean u agree with me? :D
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby yoanna » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:54 pm

tracylynn wrote:Chill out!!! I did not say you said he was PC and such. I was making a comment about how he does not follow the rules of being PC which a lot of coaches and athletes tend to do. Many folks, not saying you, expect stars, whether they're coaches, athletes, musicians, and so forth, to act and talk in a PC manner and when these folks don't they tend to get upset. Jose is a guy who simply doesn't follow the rules that are out there. When one does not follow the rules or is PC they tend to get the attention whether they deserve it or not.

I'll say this...he's not the first coach to talk or act in ways that a lot of folks don't like and he won't be the last. He has shocked me with some of the things he says but I just ignore him.

You say it cares and he probably does in ways, but it seems like everyone else cares more about what he says and does than Jose.

cool.
no, i don't get upset, nor i'm shocked about what he blurts out every now and then. i believe he should keep his mouth shut more often. or, like, always...

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:50 pm

draconaut wrote:U mean u agree with me? :D

I guess so. Does this mean I should give you a reputation point? I know I have 3 votes and a big star but I really don't know what they mean. :lol:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby draconaut » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:04 am

tracylynn wrote:
draconaut wrote:U mean u agree with me? :D

I guess so. Does this mean I should give you a reputation point? I know I have 3 votes and a big star but I really don't know what they mean. :lol:

Whatever u do please don't DEDUCT my reputation! :lol:
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:23 pm

Fergie's stupid.He thinks coaching manu for 20 years or so makes him a very great manager.Hitzfield is miles ahead of him and he is a legend.
Fergie always makes me mad but he seems to be having good luck looking at the man u success.Chelsea recently drew with reading.Sad :(
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby yoanna » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:50 pm

sure, managing a team for 20 years makes one a mediocre coach at best.
hitzfield, for my part the epitome of a footbal manager, is in another league, so there's no point comparing them.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to The Lounge