You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

FC Bayern Legends - Football Manager

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

FC Bayern Legends - Football Manager

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:13 pm

So I got bored and created a Bayern legends squad in FM12. Will have them play without my interference and see what happens. They're all... really good. CA ranging from 175-200 good. They've taken the place of the Bayern team starting in the summer of 2011. Things I want to see -

*Will Gerd Müller break his own scoring record?
    *Are the Bayern legends better than the "Eternal 2nd place" team of 11-12?
    *Will Hitzfeld use a 3-man defense with a sweeper system like I programmed him to do?

A few things to mention about this game - Bayern has a transfer embargo to prevent players leaving or coming in; all the players are 21 years old; due to CA calculations not all players may have the attributes I wanted to give them (Beckenbauer is especially underpowered compared to what I wanted to make him) but that will only create more competition; all the legends are retired players by the date the game kicks off, the original squad are all free agents; the squad list for the legens are the Hall of Fame players plus a few more to make a functioning squad. Oh and Jupp is Hitzfeld's assistant manager and the board is made up of Franz John, Kurt Landauer, Uli Hoeness and Karl Hopfner in various roles. The rest of the coaching staff is made of regulars because I don't care that much.

So, I don't know, if you're bored too then I will occasionally post updates here about how the game is going. Also will post the squad list soon too.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Re: FC Bayern Legends - Football Manager

Postby shpati_L1 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Please post updates.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Tedesco » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:22 pm

What tactic will you be using?

Also, we want screenshots. :)
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:31 pm

Behold the squad! Who did I miss then?
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Tedesco wrote:What tactic will you be using?

I won't be using any tactics - Hitzfeld is in charge of the team! I'm just observing. :D
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:37 pm

With Elber and Makaay and Muller you just can't lose at all.. :D
Ottomeister13

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:04 pm

The first game for this Bayern team - against a fitting side, I think. I'll mention only the more important games mostly, but I feel this is worth noting. Also look at that 5-3-2 formation Hitzfeld's using... yeaaaah.

NOTE: Football Manager insists on changing Kahn's name to Mustermann. It can be fixed, but I was too lazy to.

Sepp Maier and Willy Sagnol are injured, Augenthaler, Rummenigge and Müller for some reason not included in the matchday squad (some "greys" - that is, fake players created so there would be a full squad - are in their place). Anyway, Rooney scored from a corner in the very first minute (apparently Beckenbauer screwed up his marking). Bayern kept dominating afterwards but the lack of wingers tracking back shows and Rooney gets two more good chances. Not sure how the game will handle the archaic tactical formation Bayern is using at this point. At 30 minutes, Hernandez straight up takes Matthaus to school and scores the second goal for United. He also forces a fine save from Kahn ten minutes later. Bayern is suddenly on the ropes and struggling to keep up.

Jeremies, Roth and Lizarazu have been subbed off for Heidkamp, Basler and Scholl during half time and switches the formation to a 4-2-3-1. Right after play restarts, Scholl plays through a magnificent through ball to Makaay who screws up the one-on-one. But the substitutes prove the right call as Scholl crosses to Basler who heads in a goal for Bayern! And fifteen minutes later Basler powers in a godlike free kick from beyond 25 meters to make it a draw! In extra time, though, Valencia powers home the winner with a solid drive into the top corner.

So that's Bayern's first game - an extra time loss to Man Utd. Bookends, bookends...
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Tedesco » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Is that a friendly?
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Things aren't all bad though as Bayern beat Eimsbüttel 10-0 in the first round of the Pokal with Makaay scoring 4 goals.

Makaay's stats are the most unbiased of the team - I got most from FM2006, increasing them by just a little (mostly his speed). So don't blame me for those attributes. Actually he should be even better, but that's all that 195 CA will get you apparently.

(I'll post one player worth of attributes per post, so that I have pictures to post throughout the season)

Anyway, the first league game of the season is against Leverkusen. Ballack is in that Leverkusen side - if he was retired, then he might even squeeze into the legends side (with a little apology perhaps). So let's see which midfield wins - Ballack-Rolfes-Bender or Scholl-Effe-Loddar. :roll:

The game starts out pretty open, with chances for both sides - certainly no team having the upper hand. Scholl is the best attacking player for Bayern and is a threat with both his passing and shooting. He sets up Elber with a must-score chance... which he hits against the post. Müller is having real difficulties playing up front thanks to picking up a slight knock at the start of the game. However, at half time, it's Rummenigge switched off for Augenthaler as Hitzfeld switched back to the 5-3-2 system. This creates problems for Bayern though, as Castro converts a cross with a classic Müller-style finish to put Leverkusen up front. Bayern starts exerting pressure, but Müller's poor game gets worse as he fails to convert a simple chance created from Beckenbauer's superb midfield tackle-cum-pass. And so the game ends, with Bayern slumping to a one-goal defeat in their first BuLi game despite having the beter chances and outshooting Leverkusen 14 to 6.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:31 pm

Well, this is turning out to be more interesting than I thought! I was slightly afraid that I'd just be reporting on routine wins, but this team is not gelling and the tactics aren't working. Let's give them time though - the CL games start a lot later... well, if Bayern beat Standard in the play-off (remember us having to play a play-off in the summer of 2011? good times, good times).

Tedesco wrote:Is that a friendly?

Yeah.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:02 pm

The next Bayern game is... a home match against the defending champions, Dortmund. Hitzfeld opts for the same formation and lineup as he did against Leverkusen. He continues to leave Mario Basler out of the matchday squad though, which is irritating - he was MotM in that United game!

Anyway, Bayern start off strong with Scholl's shot from right outside the area hitting the post and Matthäus missing a good chance after being played in by Müller. At 14 minutes, it's Stefan Effenberg who closes down Subotic, muscles him off the ball, controls it and hits a low drive to the right of Weidenfeller to make it 1-0 to Bayern with what Football Manager hilariously calls his "first ever goal for Bayern"! They continue strongly, as Elber makes a Messi-like run from deep and forces a fine save out of Weidenfeller. At half an hour, Bayern is in complete control, dominating possession, in chances created and in the tackle. Elber then Piszczek in the awful rainy weather, cuts inside and curls a shot into the top corner from the edge of the penalty area - 2-0! He also hits the post from a volley in the 37th minute, as he proves to be a constant thorn in Dortmund's side. Despite some flashes of brilliance from Kagawa, Der Bomber makes it three just before half-time with a powerfully struck effort just inside the penalty area. Even better, Effenberg heads in a Scholl corner for another goal to make it 4-0 by the break. Dortmund is getting torn to bits by a Bayern display we've all been waiting for!

No changes for the second half as Bayern once more slice through Dortmund's defenses after the play restarts. Matthäus makes it five with another headed goal from a Scholl corner 8 minutes into the second half. The game engine, meanwhile, is praising a "vintage performance by Effenberg" as he almost scores from 30 meters. Rummenigge once again hits the woodwork right after and Bayern almost makes it three header goals as Effenberg barely misses during yet another corner. At 70 minutes, Hitzfeld opts to sub out Müller, bringing in Roy Makaay, and the onslaught continues with another close call by an Effenberg cannonball from distance. He is given a rest by Jeremies, coming on at 72 minutes. It's difficult to explain just how well Bayern is doing at this point - and Makaay wastes no time as he barely misses the goal from a fine chance. Roth also comes on for Matthäus soon afterwards, and sets up Scholl to assist Rummenigge for the sixth goal, as Dortmund must be praying for the game to end. Makaay then makes a fool of Hummels and dribbles past him, shooting right at Weidenfeller, whose parried clearance falls straight to Kalle, allowing him to make it seven for Bayern! The referee brings an end to the bloodbath, with Bayern putting in a completely contrasting performance to the limp defeat at Leverkusen. Must be the home crowd...

The man of the match responsible this demolition - Stefan Effenberg.

I guess you might think I made him a bit too good offensively, but he did have a pretty good passing range on him in the day.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Shan-E-Rehman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Nice man.. keep goin!
Shan-E-Rehman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby quaazi » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Soon after, Bayern beats Standard Liege 4-0 in the first leg of the CL playoffs with Lizarazu finally getting a game instead of Paul Breitner.

Now that's a fullback! Lizarazu was amazing as I remember him, and I think these attributes reflect fairly well on him in his prime.

The fixture list is pretty tough on Bayern, with an away trip to Schalke coming up just few days later. Hitzfeld seems to have settled on his preferred lineup by now, using once again the same formation and roster. The biggest draw of the match - Raul v Beckenbauer, for sure! Holtby didn't read the script though, and beat Schwarzenbeck to go one-on-one with Kahn - luckily hits it just over the bar. Things get worse for Bayern as Draxler cuts in from the left, holds off Effenberg and Matthäus and passes a delicious through ball to Höger who has no difficulty scoring. 1-0 for Schalke. Schalke continue to dominate possession when, against the run of play, Elber scores from a rather clumsy finish after being found by Beckenbauer. Game on!

Soon afer, Effenberg drives another powerful hit at goal that just barely misses the net. As Bayern are getting back into the game, Schalke is reduced to fouling the creative front four, creating a lot of set piece chances. At 26 minutes, one of those free kicks results in Rummenigge taking a hopeful shot from distance and Elber deflects it in (though the game gives it as an own goal from Peer Kluge)! Bayern take the lead! The game goes real open right after, with good chances for Schalke and Matthäus hitting the crossbar with a powerful drive from distance. Rummenigge is creating a lot of chances with his great dribbling, but Müller once again has a bit of difficulties converting the chances given to him. Matthäus tries another hit after a corner comes to nothing and scores! 3-1 to Bayern! At this point Schalke is panicking and Uchida barely avoids getting sent off before the referee calls for half-time.

At the 56th minute, Sagnol gets injured by a tackle from Raul, leaving Hitzfeld with bringing on Augenthaler in his place. This riles up ol' Effe, who goes in two-footed on Draxler. Luckily he is unpunished, though he could easily have gotten a red for it. Bayern pile on the pressure and finally take complete control of the game. Against the run of play, however, the mighty finn Teemu Pukki almost scores if it wasn't for Kahn's superb reflex save. Soon after, Elber is clean through after a pass from Matthäus but fails to convert. Loddar and Müller are hauled off for Roth and Makaay respectively as Hitzfeld seeks an alternative to the fairly anonymous Müller up front. Soon after, Fährmann puts in some heroics as he pulls off a magnificent double-save from Elber and Scholl, and five minutes later, does the same to two Augenthaler hits. Makaay almost makes it four, but it is not to be, as Bayern put in a professional, if somewhat slow-starting away performance (also the game said that the ref was biased for Bayern). Still, things are looking good after initial hiccups. The main issue is conceding too many clear cut chances and creating too few - most Bayern goals seem to come from deadly long shots rather than through balls, hence Müller's difficulty in scoring I guess.

So Bayern is third in the league after three games. Bad news? Sagnol is out for 5-6 weeks. His replacement will probably have to be Augenthaler, who is a far more conservative and defensive option. The return leg of the CL play-offs ends well, though, as Bayern score five and take a 9-0 aggregate win, with two more goals from the man in red-hot form, Giovanne Elber.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:29 pm

What did i tell you with Elber? haha
Ottomeister13

Postby quaazi » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:34 pm

So the Champions League draw put us up against another historic opponent - Valencia. Olympiakos and Partisan Belgrade are tough away trips probably, but shouldn't pose a real problem.

Other interesting groups? Dortmund-Shaktar-Arsenal-Otelul is pretty fun, while Leverkusen-Napoli-Lyon-Porto is just terrifying!

TRANSFER WINDOW END BONUS: here's a list of where some of the ex-Bayern players ended up at after leaving Bayern -

Philipp Lahm - Inter Milan
Bastian Schweinsteiger - PSG
Thomas Müller - PSG
Jerome Boateng - Porto
Holger Badstuber - Olympique Lyon
Toni Kroos - Olympique Lyon
Mario Gomez - PSG
Arjen Robben - Chelsea
Franck Ribery - Arsenal
Manuel Neuer - Porto
Luiz Gustavo - Flamengo
Ivica Olic - Wolfsburg
Daniel Van Buyten - Ajax
Rafinha - Corinthians

Anyway Bayern beat Mainz 2-0 and Hoffenheim 3-1. Then comes the first proper CL game home against Partizan. Hitzfeld approaches the game with a slightly different lineup than used before. But form is with Bayern - a six match winning streak!

Basler starts out really brightly as Bayern cut their way through the Partizan defense. Rummenigge playing behind Müller offers a more direct option, but with less creativity than Scholl brought. Partizan is defendeing with a surprisingly high line though, so I guess it should work. It is the Basler-Rummenigge duo that is mostly creating chances for the first 20 minutes, when a scorching Matthöus shot just barely misses the net. Bayern in cruise control but nothing to show for it. This changes at 22 minutes when Müller runs onto a Basler through ball and makes it 1-0 for Bayern! Partizan respond with their first shot of the game but it is nowhere near the goal. And then Schwarzenbeck hits the crossbar and Rummenigge soon makes it 2-0, once again exploting that high line.

After half-time, Augenthaler almost makes it three from a corner as Bayern is once again in complete control. Müller wastes chance after chance but is unable to add another goal to his name. Partisan adopts a three-man defensive line themselves in an attempt to cope with the Bayern onslaught. Rummenigge scores a classic Müller-style goal but it is ruled out for a foul. Scholl enters the pitch for Basler and scores immediately with a header following a Müller cross. Müller is then subbed off for Makaay and given a standing ovation - surely man of the match! Scholl's set piece skills turn out useful as Effe scores from a corner. ELber, who has been fairly anonymous all match, dribbles past two players and almost makes it five but it is not to be for him. Scholl then makes it five right before the game ends and Bayern's European campaign maintains its 100% record. After initial hiccups this team is really hitting top form now.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Return to The Lounge