You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Euro Super League

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Should there be a Euro Super League?

Yes, the time has come
60%
No, the Champions League setup is fine the way it is
40%

Total votes : 5

Euro Super League

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:30 am

My friends and I were talking about this recently and I figured I'd throw it out there for discussion here. What do you guys think about the whole Euro Super League idea that comes up in the media from time to time? It's definitely got it's pros and cons, and unfortunately most of the cons are to the serious detriment of the national leagues.
Personally, I think it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Most of the national leagues (especially England and Italy, it seems) resemble 2-3 mini leagues anyway, and honestly who doesn't see that getting worse and worse? At least some of these teams that have only an outside chance of qualifying for the CL or UEFA Cup will have a much better shot at glory at home, and the leagues would be more unpredictable. If it was done within UEFA, you could work out some kind of relegation/promotion system from the national leagues too, perhaps by making the UEFA Cup a multi-final tournament like the Intertoto with promotion to the Super League for winning one of the finals. I've got other ideas about how this could be done too, but I'm wondering what you guys think?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern_fukara » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:12 pm

i think that time has come for such league... CL is becoming boring... it has to be done...
bayern_fukara
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:30 pm

I don`t see the Champions League is getting any boring, but I`d like to the Euro Super League idea comes to life. it would be more excited.. but I think it would effect the lower-level teams. because they relay on the money that comes from the Champions League. and they see it as a chance for their players to play against highest level of football. also, if they want to make this Super League.. they should know, what are they going to base on to choose the teams that will play in this competition. and how about the UEFA Cup? I think if the best teams of the Champions League will go to the Euro Super League, I don`t see the UEFA Cup is going to be neccessery :P
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to The Lounge