You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Euro 2012.

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Where shoud EURO2012.be played?

Italy
14%
Poland and Ukraine
21%
Hungary and Croatia
64%

Total votes : 14

Euro 2012.

Postby Marko » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:34 am

I was wondering what do you all think,where should be Euro 2012.be played,in what country. In Croatia it's wery "hot" subject,and the president of our football federation is optimistic about it. I want to know yours oppinion,cause this forum is multinacional.
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:41 pm

I don't agree with a major tournament being held in Italy for a while... they may have won the world cup but domestically and in european club matches, the italian fans haven't got a great reputation.

I think Croatia probably the best choice at the moment, but apparently, quite a bit of investment will be required in the stadiums
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:02 pm

Looks like everyone is FOR Croatia... I heard there are awesome beaches in Croatia.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:39 pm

Croatia & Hungary deserve to host euro 2012 more than Poland and Italy :P
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby diegis » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:01 pm

:shock: Poland & Ukraine won
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

EURO joy for Poland and Ukraine

Postby diegis » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm

Poland and Ukraine have been chosen as joint-hosts of the UEFA EURO 2012™ final round. The decision was announced by UEFA President Michel Platini at the City Hall in Cardiff, Wales on Wednesday.

Three bids
The UEFA Executive Committee reached its verdict by a majority of eight in the voting after examining the three bids on the final short list to stage the tournament in five summers' time – Poland/Ukraine, Croatia/Hungary and Italy. Both Poland and Ukraine will stage matches in four venues apiece at the 2012 finals. The projected Polish venues are Gdansk, Poznan, Warsaw and Wroclaw, with Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Kiev and Lvov the host cities in Ukraine.

'Worthy winner'
"Poland/Ukraine has been chosen by the UEFA Executive Committee to host UEFA EURO 2012™ and they are a worthy winner," said Mr Platini. "However there are no losers today, only bids that have not won this time round. I cannot speak highly enough of the effort that has been made, and the passion for football we have seen in all three bids. The process is a tribute to each one of the five national associations involved and to the political authorities and the football fans who have all given such tremendous backing to their respective bids."

Strong traditions
Neither country has previously hosted a major finals tournament although both have strong footballing traditions: Poland were third at the FIFA World Cups of 1974 and 1982 while Ukraine's footballers played their part when the USSR won the inaugural UEFA European Championship in 1960, and last summer reached the World Cup quarter-finals as an independent nation.
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Paddy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:30 pm

It´s normal. Croatian fans are a big risk and ummm....I just don´t like Croatia. :P
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Paddy wrote:It´s normal. Croatian fans are a big risk and ummm....I just don´t like Croatia. :P

yes i think thats one of the reasons they didnt win (same for italy)
oh and Hungarian stadiums were a joke. looked like a 10 years old kid designed them :lol:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tracylynn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:56 pm

Congratulations to Poland and the Ukraine. :D At least it wasn't Italy. :lol:
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:43 pm

I guess lucky yoanna will see some games 8)
FC Bajern

Return to The Lounge