You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Documentaries

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Documentaries

Postby German-American » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:42 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Barzan

ramsej84
MUTU

Just found out that the largest ship in the world is registered in Malta!!!
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANKER » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:47 am

Bigger than this one?

https://www.google.com/amp/m.indiatoday ... nt=safari#

Edit:
Yeah, it's about 113 feet bigger.
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:45 am

ottackon wrote:- The Perry expedition to Japan in 1853
- The american annexiation of Hawai in 1893
- The Philippine-American War in 1899

Etc.

The US have a long history of imperialism in the Asia-Pacific region.

I remember watching something about the day when Americans went to Japan to mislead them in order to gain a foothold in asia...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:46 am

German-American wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Barzan

ramsej84
MUTU

yes in fact Malta has a large number of ships registered , but I was not aware of this .
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:56 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

ramsej84
MUTU

yes in fact Malta has a large number of ships registered , but I was not aware of this .

We are near the top of Europe / the world in number of ships registered too, I think. Not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby German-American » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

[quote]ramsej84
MUTU

We are near the top of Europe / the world in number of ships registered too, I think. Not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Do you know why? I'm guessing that they might have easier regulations for inspection or something of that nature

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:did the japs attack Russia? Had they done so from the east they could have crushed russia , with a simultaneously German invasion from the west ...

No, they didn't... And Hitler didn't really want them to - he wanted Russia to remain within a pure German sphere of influence... Also, the whole axis Berlin-Tokyo was not as close and strong as many believe...

ottackon wrote:There are different theories, but some historians suggest that the USSR were about to invade Germany. Knowing that, Hitler tried to attack first, and as they say, if fight is inevitable, throw the first punch.

Not serious historians though... Hitler outlined his whole campaign in "Mein Kampf" years earlier... Stalin was an imperialist... Chances are he was thinking about increasing influence... But it's at least doubtful that he wanted to attack Europe... And definitely Hitler didn't know about that... Hitler was not defending anything - he wanted to attack...

ottackon wrote:The West never really accepted Japan as a colonial power. The amercians and the europeans had the right to colonize China and Asia, but not Japan. Moreover, the US unilaterally imposed an embargo against the japanese before the Pearl Harbor attack.

Well, the problem with the embargo for Japan was the occupation of the former Franch colonies though... That was a clear provocation...
And while I agree, that the Americans probably knew that the Japanese would try to launch a strike and maybe even (this is highly conspirative though) wanted Pearl Harbor to happen (after all, it fonally made way to participate actively in the war...) - it was not provoked by the Americans by any sort of military act...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:10 pm

#12 wrote:Also, the whole axis Berlin-Tokyo was not as close and strong as many believe...

Well this part is definitely true, since Berlin was originally allies with Nanjing.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:25 pm

German-American wrote:Do you know why? I'm guessing that they might have easier regulations for inspection or something of that nature

No clue tbh. I checked and we're the 6th largest in the world and largest in Europe though.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:34 pm

#12 wrote:Not serious historians though... Hitler outlined his whole campaign in "Mein Kampf" years earlier... Stalin was an imperialist... Chances are he was thinking about increasing influence... But it's at least doubtful that he wanted to attack Europe... And definitely Hitler didn't know about that... Hitler was not defending anything - he wanted to attack...

I don't know what you mean by "not serious historians", the fact is that Stalin occupied and annexed several countries effectively ceded to it by Nazi Germany in the German-Soviet Nonaggression Pact. These included Eastern Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, part of eastern Finland and eastern Romania. And while most historians agree that the USSR made extensive preparations for an eventual war and exploited the military conflict in Europe to their advantage, the assertions that Stalin planned to attack Nazi Germany in the summer of 1941, and that Operation Barbarossa was a preemptive strike by Hitler, are generally discounted only by Western researchers with few exceptions, but not by russian historians who have access to declassified archive materials supporting this thesis.

#12 wrote:Well, the problem with the embargo for Japan was the occupation of the former Franch colonies though... That was a clear provocation...

That's what I said, the Western powers had the right to colonize and annex countries, but not the Japanese.
ottackon
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby German-American » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
German-American wrote:Do you know why? I'm guessing that they might have easier regulations for inspection or something of that nature

No clue tbh. I checked and we're the 6th largest in the world and largest in Europe though.

So many factors could be playing a role, I have feeling it may be relegations but also probably because of Malta's position in the sea. I know that Spain has a large port and the Suez Canal is near

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
German-American
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:29 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:did the japs attack Russia? Had they done so from the east they could have crushed russia , with a simultaneously German invasion from the west ...

No, they didn't... And Hitler didn't really want them to - he wanted Russia to remain within a pure German sphere of influence... Also, the whole axis Berlin-Tokyo was not as close and strong as many believe...

ottackon wrote:There are different theories, but some historians suggest that the USSR were about to invade Germany. Knowing that, Hitler tried to attack first, and as they say, if fight is inevitable, throw the first punch.

Not serious historians though... Hitler outlined his whole campaign in "Mein Kampf" years earlier... Stalin was an imperialist... Chances are he was thinking about increasing influence... But it's at least doubtful that he wanted to attack Europe... And definitely Hitler didn't know about that... Hitler was not defending anything - he wanted to attack...

ottackon wrote:The West never really accepted Japan as a colonial power. The amercians and the europeans had the right to colonize China and Asia, but not Japan. Moreover, the US unilaterally imposed an embargo against the japanese before the Pearl Harbor attack.

Well, the problem with the embargo for Japan was the occupation of the former Franch colonies though... That was a clear provocation...
And while I agree, that the Americans probably knew that the Japanese would try to launch a strike and maybe even (this is highly conspirative though) wanted Pearl Harbor to happen (after all, it fonally made way to participate actively in the war...) - it was not provoked by the Americans by any sort of military act...

americans are experts in that field...
to provoke even if they are to lose something dear...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:55 pm

pyrasur wrote:Well this part is definitely true, since Berlin was originally allies with Nanjing.

All of it is true... ;)

ottackon wrote:I don't know what you mean by "not serious historians", the fact is that Stalin occupied and annexed several countries effectively ceded to it by Nazi Germany in the German-Soviet Nonaggression Pact. These included Eastern Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, part of eastern Finland and eastern Romania. And while most historians agree that the USSR made extensive preparations for an eventual war and exploited the military conflict in Europe to their advantage, the assertions that Stalin planned to attack Nazi Germany in the summer of 1941, and that Operation Barbarossa was a preemptive strike by Hitler, are generally discounted only by Western researchers with few exceptions, but not by russian historians who have access to declassified archive materials supporting this thesis.

Initially, the Russian army was obviously distinctly inferior to the Germans in both combat training and equipment... That's what made the first success of the Wehrmacht even possible... And Hiter was in a rush to start his operation Barbarossa, because he was well aware of this - Stalin must've been too...

ottackon wrote:That's what I said, the Western powers had the right to colonize and annex countries, but not the Japanese.

But that was not the problem... Japan was expanding WAYY before... The problem was that they took it from a then defenseless France... That's why they took actions...

ramsej84 wrote:americans are experts in that field...
to provoke even if they are to lose something dear...

Well, they - and say what you will, ALL of us - won far more than what they lost... Call it an investment... I know it's morbid...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby johnhh » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:39 pm

If you like science documentaries then i highly recommend this: http://docur.co/documentary/the-secrets-of-quantum-physics
johnhh
First post

Postby ottackon » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:32 am

Documentary on the military purposes of the american research

ottackon
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge